• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
By the way, do regular Pokémon still flee like they did in G/S/C? I would think they do in order to increase the Fast Ball's use, but...I really hated that back in the day. Pokémon like Phanpy were rarer than hens' teeth and would run if you so much as breathed on your GB. :( Then again, I didn't bother using Fast Balls much, but I'm going to crazy with the Apricorns this time.

No. Another bummer.

I've never heard of the Berserk Gene, mind telling me what that is?

giradialkia

It was an item you could find in the water where the entrance of Cerulean cave used to be (in the originals). It raised attack/special attack or something, sorry, i can't remember what it did for sure. Since Cerulean Cave is back, it wouldn't make sense to have the Beserk Gene, as i myself think it's supposed to be one of Mewtwo's genes or something, and if Mewtwo never left in HGSS...

Snapple

Beginning Trainer
Guys, Lt. Surge is outside the Power Plant on Monday mornings but he's not giving me his phone number. :(

Was this known?
http://i26.*******.com/2l8w8yf.jpg

edit: talk to him with a Pikachu and he gives you it.

Last edited:

redshift71388

A one-time-use hold item that would raise ATK (one or two stages, I can't remember which), but confuse the holder. It was found via Itemfinder in Cerulean City, along the river that lead to what was formerly Cerulean Cave. Also, wild Mewtwo sometimes held the item, according to the game's programming, but obviously wild Mewtwo don't exist in those games.

12Medbe

YAY!!!! we found LT SURGE!!!

The Day of The Week Sibilings return.

Pokebeach Confirms it:

The Day of the Week Siblings are still in the games, but with two changes. Monica of Monday found on Route 40 still gives out Sharp Beak, Tuscany of Tuesday found on Route 29 gives out TwistedSpoon (originally Pink Bow), Wesley of Wednesday found at Lake of Rage gives out Blackbelt, Arthur of Thursday found on Route 36 gives out Hard Stone, Frienda of Friday found on Route 32 still gives Poison Barb, Santos of Saturday found in Blackthorn City gives out Soft Sand (originally Spell Tag), and lastly, Sunny of Sunday found at Route 37 gives you a Magnet.

Stormthefox

Eevee Trainer
Guys, Lt. Surge is outside the Power Plant on Monday mornings but he's not giving me his phone number. :(

Was this known?

So I was right when saying he was there. Congrates to whoever found this info.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator

Was this known?

My hunch was on-point, then! At least regarding the Power Plant. Now that we know what to do, I wonder why none of us figured out that it would have SOMETHING to do with a Pikachu lol.

Stormthefox

Eevee Trainer
Congrates Serebii ^^ *Gives cookies*

Snapple

Beginning Trainer
I just checked again, and he's there from 9AM to 11AM. Not after or before.
edit: and it's every day, not just Monday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.