• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireMeowth

Enthusiast
Going with Bulbapedia are we? While they do have relativity with the damn handheld games and all they are not part of the main series that have been on the handhelds for over a decade. Its a spin off in every way cause it features some stupid dark Pokemon and no canon stories or regions.

So you're saying that a plot with Shadow Pokémon couldn't happen in the handheld games, and therefore can't possibly be part of the main series? ..If so, that's just stupid. The handheld games have had much weirder plots than that, after all.

And of course they have canon stories. And a canon region. It's not like they're fan-made, unofficial games...

(And yes, I know that Bulbapedia has many errors and stuff, but I agree completely with their Main series list and find it completely accurate, so..)

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
So you're saying that a plot with Shadow Pokémon couldn't happen in the handheld games, and therefore can't possibly be part of the main series? ..If so, that's just stupid. The handheld games have had much weirder plots than that, after all.

And of course they have canon stories. And a canon region. It's not like they're fan-made, unofficial games...

(And yes, I know that Bulbapedia has many errors and stuff, but I agree completely with their Main series list and find it completely accurate, so..)

They are not part of the main series. The main series consists of the trainer collecting 8 badges, defeating the pokemon league and, starting with Pokemon Crystal, encountering the box legend sometime during the story.

These games are typically released every two years, with the primary games followed by a special edition of the two preceeding it. It is not a difficult concept to understand.

Last edited:

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
I would assume that you need to speak to the lady in Goldenrod City, who will tell you how close your pokemon are to you, like the girl in Verdanturf Town and later Hearthome City.

Sushi Dragonfire

Feel the power
starterlover1 said:
They are not part of the main series. The main series consists of the trainer collecting 8 badges, defeating the pokemon league and, starting with Pokemon Crystal, encountering the box legend sometime during the story.

I guess you can say that, but you can't disagree with the fact that it's closer to the main series than, say, PMD or Pokemon Pinball :)

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
I would assume that you need to speak to the lady in Goldenrod City, who will tell you how close your pokemon are to you, like the girl in Verdanturf Town and later Hearthome City.

Cobalt_Latios

Comparassions

HeartGold Exclusives: Growlithe, Spinarak, Mantyke, Mantine, Mankey, Primape, Ariados, Gligar, Gliscore, Arcanine, Donphan, Phanphy, Kyogre.

SoulSilver Exclusives: Vulipix, Ninetales, Meowth, Persian, Ledyba, Ledian, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Delibird, Skamory, Groudon.

11 SoulSilver Exclusives
13 HeartGold Exclusives

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originals *Changes*

Silver: Ekans & Arbok were Exclusives, Phanphy & Dophan were Exlusives, everything else the same except for non 2nd Generation Pokes.

Gold: Sandshrew & Sandslash were Exclusives, Teddiursa & Ursaring too, the rest are the same, except for Non-2nd Gen Pokes.

12 Silver Exclusives
12 Gold Exclusives.
Okay, that's interesting. Good thing I'm getting both this time around.

What's this? Meowth has been confirmed to be a version exclusive? And on the wrong version? ._.

Curse you, Game Freak. ,_,
Even stranger, notice how most of the version exclusives are more of contrast to the game itself. Like Kyogre in HeartGold, Groudon in SoulSilver.

Wallace may be forgotten as the Champion but never as a person. He makes a great Eighth Gym Leader. But Steven is a much better Champion.
Although, I did find Wallace a bit more difficult.

<C_L>

Jigglypuff5000

I won't cause its ilogical to make an event Pokemon the counterpart of an already available Pokemon.

The Eon Ticket of RSE, something only gotten through an Event says HI!

The Lati@s twins have never been in the same game without activating an external event, same with Kygore and Groudon, and it certainly isn't changing here. Thus, the other Lati@s will be made accessible via the Event crystal item.

12Medbe

The Lati@s twins have never been in the same game without activating an external event, same with Kygore and Groudon, and it certainly isn't changing here. Thus, the other Lati@s will be made accessible via the Event crystal item.

I have to disagree. I really think the Crystal is an In-Game item. hidden somewhere.

megaman12

Not Happy
I have to disagree. I really think the Crystal is an In-Game item. hidden somewhere.

It could be ingame but wouldnt someone find it already?And it seems that maybe someone has to give you the key to open the rock capsule.Who could it be or where could it be?

Last edited:

Sushi Dragonfire

Feel the power
I think that the comment of the key for the rock capsule is just flavor text, and has nothing to do with an in-game key. Otherwise we would've found it already, right?

I have to disagree with your logic... Ever hear of Emerald... it had both Groudon and Kygore in the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.