• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaman12

Not Happy
I'm kinda depressed... pretty much everything has been figured out in less than a week. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( and we're almost to 8000 posts... but it will barely surpass that...

I kinda wish they'd switch teddy and phanpy for my 2ndary Silver... but I suppose I can just do a trade...

Why does everyone like phanpy more than teddy?I like teddy more and I wish things dont change and if they do,Ill just trade an egg which will have the best natures and IVs.

umbreon1111

Pokemon Master
Why does everyone like phanpy more than teddy?I like teddy more and I wish things dont change and if they do,Ill just trade an egg which will have the best natures and IVs.

i like donphan because its an armored elephant. its cool and i just like it. teddy is a strong pokemon once it evolves, but i've never been able to connect to it on a personal level

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
I like Phanpy and Teddy equally myself. Maybe the version exclusives could be found in Safari Zone of the opposite game rarely?

onew

I really don't care one way or the other. In general, I prefer HG's exclusives over SS's but I'm not going to use Teddiursa or Phanpy in my team so I'm cool with it the way it is.

SapphireSwampert

Worldend Dominator
I wanted to get Phanpy in HeartGold, but I was really worried about the exclusive list. Then I realized they were switched. xD;; I want to get the game in a few more weeks, and I wanted to figure it out before then. Even though I like Vulpix more than Growlithe, I'm fine with it. Though I'd want to get a Teddiursa for no apparent reason.

So, Phanpy is in HG then?

FGHRHHRHGHGHG.

Phanpy darn well better be avaliable in the Safari Zone, or somebodies (I.e., GF) name is mud!

That, or I will have to get HG, which I really don't want to do. T_T

Blast. I was hoping Ariados could be in SS. Oh well. Maybe I could trade one. =/

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
... When the eff did Ursaring become exclusive to SS? That's so asinine, dang it. :/

The Hoenn + Sinnoh Sound stations do look promisin', however. Wished there were better things available to catch tbh. Shinx and Absol are the only two I find interestin' to catch.

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
We can transfer over the SS & HG Exclusives from Platinum, or Pal Park it from RSEFRLG. That takes care of the Exclusives Problem. :)

... What if I don't have SS to trade with? The only time I'll ever have a chance of gettin' the Ursaring I could've had in the American copies of G/S would be tradin' with my little bro, but I doubt he'd ever get far enough to bother catchin' one with me... Eh.

... When the eff did Ursaring become exclusive to SS? That's so asinine, dang it. :/

The Hoenn + Sinnoh Sound stations do look promisin', however. Wished there were better things available to catch tbh. Shinx and Absol are the only two I find interestin' to catch.
It was like that in the original Japanese versions of GS.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
... What if I don't have SS to trade with? The only time I'll ever have a chance of gettin' the Ursaring I could've had in the American copies of G/S would be tradin' with my little bro, but I doubt he'd ever get far enough to bother catchin' one with me... Eh.
Wifi and GTS?

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
It's no big deal. There are plenty I'd like from SS, but until I get mine in English, I'll just trade with my roommate, who's importing too. At least I get Growlithe.

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
Wifi and GTS?

Well, then you have those guys that often put up ridiculous offers for their Teddiursas, which generally annoys me when I have only a maximum 1/7 chance of finding a reasonable trade out of the trainers I'm given, and generally, the "reasonable" trades are not but really annoyin' side-quests that I need to work my butt off tryin' to do.

Really, the GTS WOULD work, but it's seriously too impractical for me to bother usin', considerin' how much work it takes to get a pokémon you want off of there most of the time.

And ah-hah, I got the 8,000 post... Vegeta's trademark catchphrase of memetic proportions, much? (Yes, I'm goin' by the manga, not the anime. XD)

Ammako

Well, then you have those guys that often put up ridiculous offers for their Teddiursas, which generally annoys me when I have only a maximum 1/7 chance of finding a reasonable trade out of the trainers I'm given, and generally, the "reasonable" trades are not but really annoyin' side-quests that I need to work my butt off tryin' to do.

Really, the GTS WOULD work, but it's seriously too impractical for me to bother usin', considerin' how much work it takes to get a pokémon you want off of there most of the time.

Ever considered putting up a Phanpy for a Teddiursa and waiting for the trade to proceed?

umbreon1111

Pokemon Master

And ah-hah, I got the 8,000 post... Vegeta's trademark catchphrase of memetic proportions, much? (Yes, I'm goin' by the manga, not the anime. XD)

thats why i dont use the trade center to much. "i want a scyther. lets see......this guy wants a level 100 mewtwo, this guy wants a level 100 regigigas, this guy wants a dialga, ftw?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.