• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
That's why you put up your own Pokemon, ASKING for a certain Pokemon.

You'll get it 99% of the time. Don't search for deals. Make your own.

Brandon96

Dark Trainer
That's why you put up your own Pokemon, ASKING for a certain Pokemon.

You'll get it 99% of the time. Don't search for deals. Make your own.

Very true. Version Exclusives work well here. Though I did put a lv. 5 Chickorita up in pearl and got a Lv.100 Dialga. I was asking for any level too.

mudkipzz

Well, then you have those guys that often put up ridiculous offers for their Teddiursas, which generally annoys me when I have only a maximum 1/7 chance of finding a reasonable trade out of the trainers I'm given, and generally, the "reasonable" trades are not but really annoyin' side-quests that I need to work my butt off tryin' to do.

Really, the GTS WOULD work, but it's seriously too impractical for me to bother usin', considerin' how much work it takes to get a pokémon you want off of there most of the time.

And ah-hah, I got the 8,000 post... Vegeta's trademark catchphrase of memetic proportions, much? (Yes, I'm goin' by the manga, not the anime. XD)

If you're that worried about getting a Teddiursas, i'll happily breed and trade you one when you need it.

Oh, it's "over 9000", not 8000 :p

I got a lv100 Shiny Deoxys for a lv21 Wingull. I'm sure it's hacked but who cares, it is what it is.

LimeStar

thats why i dont use the trade center to much. "i want a scyther. lets see......this guy wants a level 100 mewtwo, this guy wants a level 100 regigigas, this guy wants a dialga, ftw?!"
i think you mean wtf.... wtf and ftw are completely different :p
Anyway, its annoying, though i managed to trade my hacked Lugia for a FRLG Luigia :p

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
Oh, it's "over 9000", not 8000 :p

In the manga (Can't remember if its the translated version or not), Vegeta always said over 8000. The anime had 9,000, since it synced better with voice clips.

I still do wonder why Caitlin in Hg/Ss is wearin' different clothes. It's a bit funny if she's actually tryin' to promote the games or not subliminally.

umbreon1111

Pokemon Master
i think you mean wtf.... wtf and ftw are completely different :p
Anyway, its annoying, though i managed to trade my hacked Lugia for a FRLG Luigia :p

thats what i meant. but if i want a pokemon, i want a reasonable trade. but everyone wants some kind of legendary for the simplest things

Hey guys, dunno if it's been reported already, but there's a glitch involving the Dratini Egg. If you leave Dragon's Den using Teleport/Escape Rope/Dig, that is, without Surfing back to the entrance and thus getting the TM59 (Dragon Pulse) with Clair, the Egg will be lost forever. So, DO NOT FORGET to get the TM with Clair, unless you really don't care about an ESpeed Dratini.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Listen-- to all the GTS debaters, here's what you do. I've done this tons of times. Offer a common Pokemon for a slightly less common Pokemon. Trade that for a starter. Trade that for a rarer Pokemon. Keep going up in general desirability or rarity until you get the legendary you want. Takes a while, but it's reliable.

In this way I've gotten a Tanabata Jirachi starting with a male Burmy, and a 10 ANIV Entei starting with a Sandslash.

Mario: Can I clarify? When you get to the Dragon's Den, if you leave initially without getting the TM from Clair, you can't get the Dratini egg?

Last edited:
That was actually Clear from the Smogon forums who found the glitch, I was just a victim of it >_>

Mario: Can I clarify? When you get to the Dragon's Den, if you leave initially without getting the TM from Clair, you can't get the Dratini egg?

You got it right.

But my question is this. How come in the GTS, you can't view the Pokemon that's not seen on your Pokedex? I thought you could trade any pokes you can. If I wanted a Jirachi or Celebi but it's not on the GTS what other choice do I have, trade?

Hey guys, dunno if it's been reported already, but there's a glitch involving the Dratini Egg. If you leave Dragon's Den using Teleport/Escape Rope/Dig, that is, without Surfing back to the entrance and thus getting the TM59 (Dragon Pulse) with Clair, the Egg will be lost forever. So, DO NOT FORGET to get the TM with Clair, unless you really don't care about an ESpeed Dratini.

And now we have our first glitch. Now isn't that a bit extreme? ;)

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
But my question is this. How come in the GTS, you can't view the Pokemon that's not seen on your Pokedex? I thought you could trade any pokes you can. If I wanted a Jirachi or Celebi but it's not on the GTS what other choice do I have, trade?

I have to admit, in my case I borrowed a friend's cheating device to hack a few to get them in the Pokedex, then released them. But yeah, that is a problem...

As for the glitch, it's a shame that it's one that can hurt your game rather than help it. Ah well, they can't all be.

R_N

But it's not an egg...it's a level 15 Dratini...

By the way, you STILL can't use new forms on Wi-Fi, and the Platinum Weather Glitch STILL happens, even on a HG vs SS battle.

But we have Kanto in these games!!!!!!!!

R_N

By the way, you STILL can't use new forms on Wi-Fi, and the Platinum Weather Glitch STILL happens, even on a HG vs SS battle.

But we have Kanto in these games!!!!!!!!

The form thing is so odd. They can be used over local wireless just fine, regardless of versions, and an AR code can actually make Originta, Skymin, and the Rotoms usuable over wi-fi. The only thing I can think of is that it'd be unfair to those on the other end, since one is more likely to know if the other is using a different form?

The only thing I can think of is that it'd be unfair to those on the other end, since one is more likely to know if the other is using a different form?

I don't see how that would work.

Last edited:

R_N

I don't see how that would work.

Yes hello I would like to battle you!
Ok!
Rotom smotom *gets hit with random strong grass/water/flying/fire/ice attack>
D:

Oh a Giratina/Shaymin no pro--*detroyed by above average attack/immune to ground attacks*

etc

EDIT: Ok I see what went wrong here, I forgot the important "less likely"

Status
Not open for further replies.