• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverMorty

It's a different girl every time

and in their dialogue when you battle them, they tell you about their experience with you or something like that, like the Ilex Forest girl being someone who gets lost a lot (if i remember right)

waterballoon

Aspiring Coordinator
It's a different girl every time

and in their dialogue when you battle them, they tell you about their experience with you or something like that, like the Ilex Forest girl being someone who gets lost a lot (if i remember right)

Wow I love that little nifty detail!

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Yeah and while some are puzzles some talk. I think its 2 puzzles 3 talkers. No wait its 2 puzzles 2 talkers and 1 battle.(the one we know in ecruteak)

waterballoon

Aspiring Coordinator
Oh so we don't get to battle them "normally" like in G/S/C? IIRC we just entered their dancing theater and fight, so now they're scattered across Johto, and they gather towards the end for us to crush them to unlock Lugia/Ho-Oh?

BlessingOfTogepi

Are there any full town maps yet?

They can't leak full maps from games with 3-D engines like HGSS. It's impossible because of the angles etc. So they wait for 2-D patches for the games (which could take a while), to leak full maps from games. In general, there aren't any yet, and we either don't know when they will be leaked. Hope that helps. :D

BlessingOfTogepi

Are there any full town maps yet?

They can't leak full maps from games with 3-D engines like HGSS. It's impossible because of the angles etc. So they wait for 2-D patches for the games (which could take a while), to leak full maps from games. In general, there aren't any yet, and we either don't know when they will be leaked. Hope that helps. :D

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Oh so we don't get to battle them "normally" like in G/S/C? IIRC we just entered their dancing theater and fight, so now they're scattered across Johto, and they gather towards the end for us to crush them to unlock Lugia/Ho-Oh?
Yeah mostly. Its a nice touch if you ask me.

JJJKraan123

Ninja trainer

Thanks for the answer, but do we have to wait until the English version comes out or will the maps be available before 2010?

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
is there gonna be a daycare center like in D/P/PT?

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
kk thanx dudes

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
actually G/S/C were the first games with a daycare center, so of course the day care center is in HG/SS

yer i know that ive played all games! I just meant will it have the exact line as it was in d/p/pt or will i be longer or shorter

Sushi Dragonfire

Feel the power
Can pokemon learn moves or evolve in the PokeWalker? And if they can learn moves, do you get to choose whether to learn it or not, or is it more like the daycare?

BlessingOfTogepi

Thanks for the answer, but do we have to wait until the English version comes out or will the maps be available before 2010?

No, we don't have to wait for English versions, because the maps don't have any text. So the language is not important here. Still, we don't know when we'll get them. Maybe they'll be in official Japanese Strategy Guide or something.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
there always is.

I was watching the battle against Red on YouTube, and I noticed his Pikachu came out of the pokeball, wouldn't it have been a little more nostalgic if his Pikachu was outside its pokeball at all times?

No? Red isnt Ash. Anime =/= Games. etc. etc.

No, we don't have to wait for English versions, because the maps don't have any text. So the language is not important here. Still, we don't know when we'll get them. Maybe they'll be in official Japanese Strategy Guide or something.

Have either one of you seen any fully ripped maps of D/P/Pt?

Status
Not open for further replies.