• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverMorty

I wonder, how do you get the Berry Juice in the games? Cause I've seen that a Shuckle for a trade in Cianwood is holding it. So, which berry must Shuckle hold to produce it, if it still can?

pretty sure it is the Oran Berry

also, Wild Shuckle usually (if not always) have Berry Juice attached

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Huh, interesting.

Oh oh oh!
What's it say about Safari Zone Pokemon

Unfortunately it doesn't touch on the items at all because all guides right now are pre-Kanto only :( (They have small tidbits about some of the stuff that goes on post-Kanto, but not much at all) Basically, for the Safari Zone, Serebii has all Pokemon down except for these that are missing:

• Wetlands
    • Magikarp (Old Rod)
  • Flower Garden
    • Poliwag (Old/Good Rod)
  • Saharah
    • Machoke (Morning only)
  • Mountain
    • According to this, Magnemite ISN'T available?

I wish they were at least selling ONE Johto+Kanto guide :(

Everything else is basically already there :p

All this Pokethlon crap sounds much more complicated than it needs to be. Why would a Pokemon's stats change by day? :|

I guess if your Pokemon is -0 one day and then -2 the next, it's just their way of saying that your Pokemon is having one hell of a bad day lol ^^

Last edited:
Unfortunately it doesn't touch on the items at all because all guides right now are pre-Kanto only :( (They have small tidbits about some of the stuff that goes on post-Kanto, but not much at all) Basically, for the Safari Zone, Serebii has all Pokemon down except for these that are missing:

• Wetlands
    • Magikarp (Old Rod)
  • Flower Garden
    • Poliwag (Old/Good Rod)
  • Saharah
    • Machoke (Morning only)
  • Mountain
    • According to this, Magnemite ISN'T available?
I wish they were at least selling ONE Johto+Kanto guide :(

Everything else is basically already there :p

I guess if your Pokemon is -0 one day and then -2 the next, it's just their way of saying that your Pokemon is having one hell of a bad day lol ^^
So wait, does that mean Solrock and Seviper are NOT in Johto?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
So wait, does that mean Solrock and Seviper are NOT in Johto?

There is no list of addable items, so by looking at it I can't tell any of the other Pokemon post national dex :( (Actually, it doesn't even list the super rod as a method of catching anything because you get it in Kanto. Some (1) Pokemon are missing from the guide because of that too :/)

There is no list of addable items, so by looking at it I can't tell any of the other Pokemon post national dex :( (Actually, it doesn't even list the super rod as a method of catching anything because you get it in Kanto. Some (1) Pokemon are missing from the guide because of that too :/)
OH okay.

Is Slugma in Johto? I know all the other Pokemon that were only in Kanto before got moved to Johto...

yaminokame

やみのかめ
OH okay.

Is Slugma in Johto? I know all the other Pokemon that were only in Kanto before got moved to Johto...

Nope :p The book says to trade from D/P/Pt (it says that for all Pokemon that aren't found in Johto) and my game says it's only found on routes 16/17/18

Sunkern has the possibility of max stats. Most Sunkern start off with 1 or 2 stars in any slot
That's interesting. It's good that the poor guy gets something to make it useful.

R_N

The stat cahnges by day is fairly interesting. In the grand scheme of things, it probably won't affect performance too much (people seemed to have no trouble before...), but it's an interesting, subtle

also wow.
Johto & Kanto getting separate guides?
that seems extremely silly.

Out of curiosity, are there other guides out? Perhaps if you see them, you could just check them? Even if limited to Johto stuff mostly, there might be a few differences?

Sushi Dragonfire

Feel the power
Snowyarticuno said:
also wow.

Well, they did that with Diamond and Pearl in America too. Pre- and Post-E4.

The stat cahnges by day is fairly interesting. In the grand scheme of things, it probably won't affect performance too much (people seemed to have no trouble before...), but it's an interesting, subtle

also wow.

Out of curiosity, are there other guides out? Perhaps if you see them, you could just check them? Even if limited to Johto stuff mostly, there might be a few differences?

Funny enough, all the Gold, Silver, and Crystal guides covered both Johto and Kanto. And watch the companies who wrote the guides release a Kanto guide in a few months for the same price. :|

DSDark

Breeder
Funny enough, all the Gold, Silver, and Crystal guides covered both Johto and Kanto. And watch the companies who wrote the guides release a Kanto guide in a few months for the same price. :|

exactly its just a way to make more money

Sushi Dragonfire

Feel the power
Snowyarticuno said:
No? I saw a lot of those guides, they all went to post-E4.
I remember looking at maps of post-game Victory Road and Stark Mountain.

Well the guide I bought only went up to getting the national dex, then had the list of items, moves, contest help, etc.
I bought it when I picked up my preordered Diamond, so they probably didn't want to reveal too much in a guide book available the first day.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Well as long as America gets the giant Text book guides for HG/SS like it did for Platinum, I'll be happy. Hopefully they don't do the two book thing like they did with D/P.

Eh W/e a guide is a guide.

-;248;

waterballoon

Aspiring Coordinator
Pokethlon is getting interesting; they should start planning for PMS to change stats for female Pokemon.

j/k

Now it'll be hard to get a "perfect" Pokemon for Pokethlon... grr

Status
Not open for further replies.