• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven gambee

Johto Master
has anyone hacked the game and found out what the rock capsule/container does?

In what universe was Turnback Cave a final dungeon. That was Stark Mountain, if anything.
Nope. DP's Turnback Cave has more relation to Cerulean Cave and RS's Sky Pillar than Stark Mountain.

-All three aren't required to advance the plot.
-All three are found around the accesible areas before beating the game.
-All three can't be entered until after you defeat the Elite Four.
-All three have the toughest wild Pokémon in the game.
-All three have a Level 70 Legendary at the end.
-None of them have Trainers in it.

Stark Mountain in both Diamond/Pearl, and more so in Platinum, is cohesive to the plot. While it's more of a side plot in Diamond/Pearl, it's still a plot. Seeing how you meet Buck as you reach the Fight Zone, then he keeps on talking about Survival Area and Stark Mountain, it's natural you'll end up there eventually to meet him and do the small quest for Heatran. In Diamond/Pearl, Turnback Cave has no plot going for it. It's just a cave beneath a lake that suddenly appeared after defeating the Elite Four.

Platinum's Turnback Cave is more like Emerald's Sky Pillar. A former extra Dungeon that's now embedded to the expanded plot. However, unlike Sky Pillar, which you have to traverse to advance, you don't go through the Turnback Cave at all. You only appear on its entrance as you exit the Distortion World. However, I think you said it best.

The level lowering is a bit odd, but perhaps they wanted to keep it even with Pt's Giratina? It'd be kind of silly to run into level 60 Pokemon on the way to your level 47...
Only thing I can think of.
That makes enough sense.

Yeah this bugs me a little, and I'm one who doesn't particularly care about levels. Mt. Silver I could maybe maybe make a case for with some reason about Red. Maybe
But...Cerulean cave? At least bump it up just a tad...
One'd think the place the toughest Trainer of the two Regions selected to make his stand would have incredibly tough Pokémon. Say, early-to-mid 70s. Weaker than he is, but awfully tough.

The bit about Cerulean Cave is amusing, yep. As if the Pokémon magically became much weaker than they were in the past. XD

Chimchar15 said:
Wow I breezed through Platinum and FR/LG. The only person in Platinum who gave me some trouble was Cyrus in the Distortion World, I mean a Honchcrow with Heat Wave?! That really caught me by surprise. I didn't lose but he actually gave me a real challenge. Other than that Platinum had some very easy trainers.
I didn't mean it in terms of the main quest. I meant it in terms of having tough Trainers that help you level up your Pokémon. FRLG had the beefed up Elite Four. Platinum has the Battleground and the beefed up Elite Four.

Emerald had... the Elite Four. Steven can't be rebattled for some stupid reason, and the rematches with Gym Leaders, while having Pokémon as tough as Platinum's rematches at their highest levels, were terribly executed. It still has Secret Bases, though you need another player or another RSE game and another GBA to make any use of them. All the wild Pokémon are weak. RS was about the same, but the Pokémon in the Sky Pillar were double the level they're at in Emerald, which makes a slight, but noticeable difference.

aclover

VICTORiOUS
Aaaaand to answer the inevitable next question, no, we have no idea how you get the Enigma Crystal or when the event is due.

yeah the only thing we know about it is that it contains a soul dew. to get that outta the crystal u go to pewter museum and steven will examine it and get the soul dew out. this activates the other lati@s to roam.

SBM

so how/when does the first lati@s begin to roam

nekoakuma

Event Hunter
some time in kanto.. i think steven tells you about it (can't remember exactly when.. i've already caught mine.)
main site should have the info though

Angelo0621

When Steven tells you about it does he show you a picture or just mentions the pokemon by name? I want to know if you can track it with the pokedex.

aclover

VICTORiOUS
you get them depending on your version.
heartgold= latios
soulsilver=latias
i think its that way...

and you track them using the pokedex

nekoakuma

Event Hunter
^track via pokegear map ?

aclover

VICTORiOUS
^track via pokegear map ?

im not sure...
its one of those either pokegear or the dex.
i think its the dex tho.
ill check on serebii.

EDIT:
oopps my midtake it is pokegear map.
:p

Last edited:
you get them depending on your version.
heartgold= latios
soulsilver=latias
i think its that way...

and you track them using the pokedex
It's the opposite, actually. Latias is in HG while Latios is in SS.

BlessingOfTogepi

yeah the only thing we know about it is that it contains a soul dew. to get that outta the crystal u go to pewter museum and steven will examine it and get the soul dew out. this activates the other lati@s to roam.

Still wrong. This activates the other Lati@s appers right after that in rage, so it's Stationary like Ho-oh, Lugia, Suicune, etc.

nekoakuma

Event Hunter

kemal07

Has anyone scanned in clearer images of the sugirmori art for gymleaders/e4/champ/TR from the guide yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.