• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSDark

Breeder
NO WAY in the flower garden after 70 days of the Safari Zone being active, with 10 Forest Blocks + 14 Rock Blocks you can find Riolu

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
NO WAY in the flower garden after 70 days of the Safari Zone being active, with 10 Forest Blocks + 14 Rock Blocks you can find Riolu
Yes we know. And yeah its a bit extreme but I guess they just want us to be really active with the game. I just leave the game sitting so if its just idle for 3 months I could go back and get it.

R_N

Yes we know. And yeah its a bit extreme but I guess they just want us to be really active with the game. I just leave the game sitting so if its just idle for 3 months I could go back and get it.

I'm willing to say it's an Animal Crossing sort of situation, where it will read how many days have passed regardless if you actually played or not.

So I suppose if you really wanted to you could open the Zone, and then set the DS clock several months into the future.

I also suspect that it reads a day as a day, regardless if that day had already passed, so going back in time might also work.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
This might seem a stupid question, but I feel like it's worth asking: If you bring a Sinnoh fossil to Kanto via a trade, can you revive it just like any other? I would assume so, but I haven't tried since I'm not in Kanto yet.

DSDark

Breeder
I'm willing to say it's an Animal Crossing sort of situation, where it will read how many days have passed regardless if you actually played or not.

So I suppose if you really wanted to you could open the Zone, and then set the DS clock several months into the future.

I also suspect that it reads a day as a day, regardless if that day had already passed, so going back in time might also work.

i agree, so you could get the safari zone opened, get the national dex, set your clock X days later and then be able to get all the different safari zone pokemon

Drayano

Pokémon Professor?
Okay, I think I understand it now. I just set down 25 grassland blocks inside Desert and immediately a Carnivine came out, which was said to take 10 days. So, it might be 10 days after blocks become available or something like that :p

Out of curiousity, has it been ten days since you unlocked all four types of blocks? (All of the grassland, water, forest and other items)

R_N

No it isn't. There's an AR code that "flattens" everything as if you were in a building. That's how Bulbapedia has a few D/P/Pt maps actually from the game.
Pretty much all the maps, actually. Except a few caves, I think.

That is a cheap fan sprite map. No way in hell do the buildings look so bad.
Yeah, comparing it to some of the DPt maps, I'm willing to say it's just fan made.
The buildings don't have as much "pop" and the water seems off.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Out of curiousity, has it been ten days since you unlocked all four types of blocks? (All of the grassland, water, forest and other items)

I want to say I unlocked them about 3-4 weeks ago, which makes sense because that puts me at around 20 days and I can get 20 day Pokemon to come out (no 30s yet :( ) :p

Drayano

Pokémon Professor?
I want to say I unlocked them about 3-4 weeks ago, which makes sense because that puts me at around 20 days and I can get 20 day Pokemon to come out (no 30s yet :( ) :p

I see :eek:

I'm thinking you might need all four types before they start appearing; I've got three of the four types and I'm sure I've had them more than ten days but I can't get any Seviper to appear, even with a Level 44 Rhydon + Repel combo

I also tried forwarding about 11 days with the 23:59 -> 00:00 method but I got nothing that way either, although it's not exactly known if that works or not; I did that with 20 grassland items in the area with Seviper too

Either way, this snake eludes me so far ;-;

GameMaster0000

Chaos Nightmare
I'm not sure this is mention yet

At trainer house's under ground in viridian city. You can fight with a trainer for a BP. Rule is same wi-fi/wireless/battle frontier but you can bring in 6 pokemons if you wish. You can do it only once per day. Enemy pokemon always are Meganium, Feraligatr and Typhlosion with always same move set.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I see :eek:

I'm thinking you might need all four types before they start appearing; I've got three of the four types and I'm sure I've had them more than ten days but I can't get any Seviper to appear, even with a Level 44 Rhydon + Repel combo

I also tried forwarding about 11 days with the 23:59 -> 00:00 method but I got nothing that way either, although it's not exactly known if that works or not; I did that with 20 grassland items in the area with Seviper too

Either way, this snake eludes me so far ;-;

Yeah, I skipped ahead 2 months to December and nothing changed :( I think it might count days by when it hits midnight or something like that instead of x days from y date :p (something to test out haha ^^)

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
I'm not sure this is mention yet

At trainer house's under ground in viridian city. You can fight with a trainer for a BP. Rule is same wi-fi/wireless/battle frontier but you can bring in 6 pokemons if you wish. You can do it only once per day. Enemy pokemon always are Meganium, Feraligatr and Typhlosion with always same move set.

Yeah, I think someone mentioned it. It was a great idea for those who want a lot of BP without doing a bunch of work. :)

Drayano

Pokémon Professor?
I need to get the forest items unlocked first, so I guess I'll be waiting for Baoba to call~

It could start counting from there... only other thing I can think of is that it could count in twentyfour hour intervals like Pal Park, in which case it will actually take four months to get stuff like Riolu. Bah :x

DSDark

Breeder
i really don't like the high amount of sinnoh pokemon in HGSS, i feel like there shouldn't be any sinnoh pokemon in unless there related to Johto, Kanto or Hoenn pokemon

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Wow, for the Safari Zone!

I think this makes it the first time a Metang and a Shelgon are in the wild!

They really went all out this time. I think its funny that last time they didn't even have one and now this is truly the most expansive of all. Even including Pokemon that were not in the wild before. That is awesome! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.