• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GengarNightmare

I know, and that's what I was saying o_O

We got the name, yeah, but they released it because of the movie. We wont know when the event for it is for quite a while.
Miscommunication, sorry.

Well, it seemed like in Japan, NEP and Arceus were released around the same time. So, I thought now that the name was announced, that the event would be announced soon. But I suppose that's not necessarily true. I guess I got too excited. :p Oh well.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
i do not know if it is a discovery or not but i cannot stop evolution in hg/ss by pressing B
Did anybody else mention that?
In the other games, not all evolutions could be cancelled by hitting B, but these are ones you've got to start Manually, such as the Stones.

Roknar

But it's better than drinking alone
plus spring generally means quarter 2 which is March-May

Wow then my cousin was spot-on for the release date.

That's fantastic; I'm so ready for these games. I've been waiting ever since FR/LG came out.

Can't wait to give it a play. :D

dannydstk

i do not know if it is a discovery or not but i cannot stop evolution in hg/ss by pressing B
i never could in my patinum i thought maybe they took that option out or something to make players use and need the everstone

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't think you can stop evolutions by pressing B during trades.

Maybe this HGSS problem is similar.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer

In the 4th gen you have to rapidly press B. For some reason holding it no longer prevents evolution.

-;248;

yaminokame

やみのかめ
In the 4th gen you have to rapidly press B. For some reason holding it no longer prevents evolution.

-;248;

Ah lol I don't think I've ever held the B button to cancel an evolution before lol >_< I've always constantly tapped B until it stops haha XD No wonder it worked for me :p

Lorde

Yeah. as soon as it says " WHAT!? ____ Is evolving!" I just rapidly press B. I had to look this up to find it out. cause holding B wasn't working for me.

Oh well if it's ingame then I can understand. I usually hold B down, it's a bad habit.

GengarNightmare

-;248;
Actually, I think pressing B just once will work (I think....)
Ah lol I don't think I've ever held the B button to cancel an evolution before lol >_< I've always constantly tapped B until it stops haha XD No wonder it worked for me :p

That's what I do. I think all you have to do is press B once after the evolution has started. But I always press B several times, just cuz I'm an over-achiever like that. :p

Lorde

So there is a difference between just holding B down and pressing it rapidly? Ugh this is confusing.

Zowayix

You have to press B once, after the glowing animation starts.

If you start holding down B during the "What? ___ is evolving!", it won't stop.

Lorde

You have to press B once, after the glowing animation starts.

If you start holding down B during the "What? ___ is evolving!", it won't stop.

So is this exclusive to HGSS only?

When it starts "evolving" I've accidently pressed B and it still stops evolution in the DPPt series.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Didn't see this up here yet. Spiky-ear Pichu -- the name rumored to be notched-ear pichu's English name -- is in fact her name. The official movie site opened yesterday.

On a side note, while monferno was removed from the front page in the English version, the "About the Characters" section shows a picture of Ash with his monferno. Just found that odd :D

I personally like Notched Ear Pichu better, granted that Spiky Ear Pichu is more accurate as to what shape the ear actually is.

So is this exclusive to HGSS only?

I think it has been like that since Yellow, at least. You have to press B only after the "evolution animation" starts.

Sushi Dragonfire

Feel the power
It is more Spiky than Notched. One could also say that it is more Jagged than it is Notched.

I always preferred Cowlick Pichu... Spiky sounds like she could stab you with her ear, and Notched sounds like someone carved it out with wood. Isn't it a cowlick / ruffle anyways? From time-hopping =P

Lorde

I always preferred Cowlick Pichu... Spiky sounds like she could stab you with her ear, and Notched sounds like someone carved it out with wood. Isn't it a cowlick / ruffle anyways? From time-hopping =P

Well I remember seeing Pichu's ear being brushed or something in one of the Anime Ending themes so maybe it is more of a "cowlick" thing.

ijea4444

Actually its more like stubborn hairs that won't stay down.

And BTW its been said a million time and I don't know why serebii hasn't adopted it but "giza" means jagged (in the context of ear, unless you think its mega-eared pichu >.<). So Spikey Eared Pichu is like an americanized version of Jagged Eared pichu.

Status
Not open for further replies.