• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GengarNightmare

I get your point, but they wouldn't do that.

I'm impressed they even made wild Eevee, Beldum, Lapras and pokemon like these that were "only one" in game. Maybe because they are somewhat old now.
It's strange, though, that it's only Torchic. You really don't think they'll make any other starters wild? It's kinda random to have just one, don't you think?

zlxq3000

Master Collector
It shouldn't. Certainly you understand why they don't do it.

Oh, of course. It's just always bugged me that the starters don't have a place where they roam wild. Kind of like how people talk about Jirachi not having its own 'place'.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
It shouldn't. Certainly you understand why they don't do it.

Oh, of course. It's just always bugged me that the starters don't have a place where they roam wild. Kind of like how people talk about Jirachi not having its own 'place'.

R_N

I'm impressed they even made wild Eevee, Beldum, Lapras and pokemon like these that were "only one" in game. Maybe because they are somewhat old now.

To be fair Lapras & Eevee haven't been one-offs since GS.
One was available every Friday, and you could just breed Eevee.

Likewise Beldum ceased to be a one-off when FRLG came around and gave us legit Ditto access.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Well Lapras hasn't been "one per game" since RGBY I believe.

You can get several in GSC, LG/FR, and DPPt.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Well Lapras hasn't been "one per game" since RGBY I believe.

You can get several in GSC, LG/FR, and DPPt.

And nowadays it wouldn't be an issue if there only was one. You could always just breed more. The One Pers aren't really that big of a deal now, except for of course legends.

ijea4444

I don't suppose the other starters are mascots for other Centers? I know there are a few Pokemon Centers throughout Japan.

Well many of the starter's have been mascots for Pokemon Centers. Most notably Piplup but, i think they opted not to because of Piplup being available this gen.

NES

Flip me to the side!
To be fair Lapras & Eevee haven't been one-offs since GS.
One was available every Friday, and you could just breed Eevee.

Likewise Beldum ceased to be a one-off when FRLG came around and gave us legit Ditto access.

Yeah i know, they stopped being that "rare" after breed was introduced in the game, that's why i said this was a rather old thing :p

Skirgedot

It's not really that much of a fuzz. A simple wild starter in a PokeWalker area activated by an event. Usually events hold, you know, unusual stuff...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It's not really that much of a fuzz. A simple wild starter in a PokeWalker area activated by an event. Usually events hold, you know, unusual stuff...

Yeah. But a starter in a Walker course is still interesting.

This way you don't have to choose it when Steven gives you Hoenn starters. You can get one of the other 2 instead.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
meh a starter in the wild here and legendary finally getting a place of its own aint all that likely to happen again. i mean its all like trade or migrate or breed. bleah...

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
On the topic of the Pokewalker, has anyone found out if one can get shinies off of it? And as far as the whole starter thing goes, well, there's still a few more event-only Pokewalker courses to be revealed. Perhaps they'll have more starters. Or more Pokemon with special moves. And when I say special moves, I don't mean just like Champ Path's Pokemon where they could get those moves another way (or in Munchlax's case, at least its evolution could). I mean moves that the Pokemon can't get any other way. Like Gunk Shot Weezing! Dragon Dance Arbok! Metal Burst Wynaut! *walks away from thread still spouting ideas for Pokemon with exclusive moves while being tailed by mental institution employees who have a straightjacket and several syringes filled with tranquilizer fluid*

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
On the topic of the Pokewalker, has anyone found out if one can get shinies off of it?

You can, but you need an ID/SID within a specific range of numbers in order to get them. Theres more about this in the Pokewalker usage thread, if you want to search for it.

Piplup-Trainer

Hello guys!
First of : The Yellow Forest Course isn`t in the "Event Course" section. Asking for update.

Second : I have a question.
What`s with the Wi-Fi Battle music?
When you`re Kanto, will be the Kanto Trainer Battle music played and when you`re in Johto the Johto Trainer Battle music?

Third : another question.
Is it now possible to choose free battle, Lv.50 and Lv.100 of a wireless pokemon battle (not Wi-Fi!)? Because this isn`t possible in D/P.

Status
Not open for further replies.