• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Rush

Fly isn't an Egg Move, so Pikachu's gender means nothing. Only Pokéwalker Pikachus may know Fly and that's it.
TM & HM moves are passed on through breeding. If you breed a male Blastoise that knows Surf & Ice Beam with a Ditto, the baby Squirtle will know Surf & Ice Beam despite Surf & Ice Beam not being Egg moves. Because of that, it should be the same for Fly.

Chimecho3000

TM & HM moves are passed on through breeding. If you breed a male Blastoise that knows Surf & Ice Beam with a Ditto, the baby Squirtle will know Surf & Ice Beam despite Surf & Ice Beam not being Egg moves. Because of that, it should be the same for Fly.

That is true, but for Pikachu's case, nope.

Pikachu can not learn Surf or Fly via HM, so therefore they won't get passed down.

dannydstk

EXCEPT that it cant be learned through normal gameplay

They are passed on only when the first form can learn the TM/HM also via TM/HM. As Fly isn't an HM learned by Pichu, neither is an Egg Move, it's not passed on.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
it's the female who has the fly move right?
how would it fly anyways?...
:confused:

Wolverine

The one and only!
Oh hey. Walking OVER 9000 steps in Pokewalker gets you... Giga Impact or Hyper Beam??

Yeah. Think about that.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Oh hey. Walking OVER 9000 steps in Pokewalker gets you... Giga Impact or Hyper Beam??

Yeah. Think about that.

Wait, what's that supposed to mean? XD I'm not following what you're saying... unless you are just pointing out a fact?... lol...

R_N

Wait, what's that supposed to mean? XD I'm not following what you're saying... unless you are just pointing out a fact?... lol...

It's a meme. Reading of power levels, smashing of scouters, the yelling, all of that stuff.

I find it (Hyper Beam & Giga Impact being found with over 9000 steps) funnier simply because one can simply buy them from the Dept stores.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
It's a meme. Reading of power levels, smashing of scouters, the yelling, all of that stuff.

I find it (Hyper Beam & Giga Impact being found with over 9000 steps) funnier simply because one can simply buy them from the Dept stores.

What's worse is that they are really freaking hard to find in the PokeWalker too lol... XD ... kind of pointless :(

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
Oh yeah you guys are right, Fly can't be bred onto other Pikachu's because they don't learn it...Oh well...Flying Pikachu is still awesome though.

Tytus

Iron Islander
It is all explained in the intro video of Pokemon Yellow, the birth of Fly and Surf Pikachu.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
It's a waste of time. You'd be better off buying Hyper Beam.

Exercise is a waste of time? Really? I mean, you do realize that you probably walk that many steps in less than a day normally, right?

Also, Prince Vegeta, ruler of all Saiyans, would beg to disagree with you that getting over 9000 of anything is a waste of time... :p

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Exercise is a waste of time? Really? I mean, you do realize that you probably walk that many steps in less than a day normally, right?

Also, Prince Vegeta, ruler of all Saiyans, would beg to disagree with you that getting over 9000 of anything is a waste of time... :p

Actually lol what I believe is a "waste" would be that you have a 1% chance of finding either of those once you've walked over 9,000 steps when you could just buy it in-game in a few seconds lol... @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.