• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

halloweenghost

when i went to get my platinum they had two cases of the giritina figs on the floor behind the desk as well as two cases of thegame...

and I'm sure they check and see if you preordered before giving out the figs.

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
Master of Grass, how'd you sleep? And pretty good levels for your pokemon.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
^Keep in mind that i got the game yesterday and have already racked up over 21 hours on it
Neither I got my Ttar over from Platinum and bred it so I could get Its Attack IV's

Ah cool. Thanks. Now go use Rest. You deserve some.
-;248;

marto_motoko

Steel Trainer
I don't feel like wasting space remarking on this in a completely new thread, but just curious, does anyone find the Lavender town song worse in Johto's games than in the Kanto game? either way, I like this variant far more than the GBC one.

I'm actually loving the soundtrack of this game so much more than the original.

denizenofevil

Hey Master of Grass, do gamestop employees really check to see if someone preordered before giving away the figures? A few pages ago, I had posted that a gamestop employee told me that they have a certain number of preorder figures set aside for those who preordered before the website stopped showing the figures and a certain number for those who did so afterwards but those are first come and first serve. Is this true? I'm starting to worry a little bit about my chances of getting a figurine. I still plan to go at 9:00 when they open and try to be at my local gamestop first.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

I will give one last update on my team though.....right now its
Feraligatr 60
Pupitar 45
Piloswine 50
Ampharos 48
Ursaring 48
Dratini 29

In a weeks time I'll post the walkthrough video's up on youtube so you guys can watch if you want but for now I'm gonna have a shower and go be a snorlax for the next few hours
Either your in Kanto right now, or you were level grinding for a few hours for Feraligatr. Or, your still in Johto, but used the Pokewalker on Feraligatr. I can honestly say that getting a team at levels like that isn't hard. I can even guess that your either about to fight the E4, or are on your way there.

I remember having a level 63 Typhlosion back in Gold, and I had just finished the E4.

I'm starting to worry a little bit about my chances of getting a figurine. I still plan to go at 9:00 when they open and try to be at my local gamestop first.
I'm going for broke. I'm leaving my residence at around 7:30~ish to make to my nearest EB Games. Regardless of what time they open up at. I'm getting my Lugia figurine and that's that!

C_L

Last edited:

SkyeHawc

Everyone's Rival
I pre-ordered a couple days ago, and I'm doing In-store pickup, so I'll wait and see if I get a figurine.

Wait, does Gamestop call you first, or can you walk in and get it?

I'd imagine it depends on when they get the shipment.
So then a second question is, do they have to process my order at all? (They get the games on Sunday, and it will be ready Monday) Or can I just walk in (as said) and get it?

I'm just looking for other stories. I understand it depends on the location, but I just want to know what has happened with others.

Cobalt_Latios

I pre-ordered a couple days ago, and I'm doing In-store pickup, so I'll wait and see if I get a figurine.

So then a second question is, do they have to process my order at all? (They get the games on Sunday, and it will be ready Monday) Or can I just walk in (as said) and get it?

I'm just looking for other stories. I understand it depends on the location, but I just want to know what has happened with others.
I honestly wouldn't worry all that much. I've done a number of pre-orders, and I've always gone in for most of them. There may have been 1 or 2 that I got a phone call from, but for the rest of them, I just go to the store and pick them up there.

I'm basing this off of my purchase of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, as well as Platinum (granted, Platinum occurred the same day as something else, and I just barely got it).

C_L

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer

If you preordered in store they will call you a day or two before release and let you know when it is going to be available. If you preordered online you will get a e-mail letting you know it shipped. If you preordered in store then all you need is your receipt (you can give them the phone number they have on file too, but the receipt helps it go faster). If you preordered it in the store there is no need to wait for them to process it. Just go in on Sunday and pick it up.

I am also pretty sure they order enough figures for every preorder they got. I have no proof of this, but that's how it usually goes. So if you preordered you'll get a figure. I'd still get there early. I'm getting to mine at 9AM.

-;248;

halloweenghost

I also had to present some sort of picture ID to prove I was who i was when i went to pick up my preorder.. I used my old high school ID card lol

Tytus

Iron Islander
interesting.. mine is having it..I may go see after i pick mine up from gamestop.

http://pokebeach.com/2010/03/pokemon-demo-day-at-toys-r-us-on-sunday-for-hgss

Also here is a link to gamestop that are having early openings.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/pokehgss/events/pokemonhgss_stores.aspx

Mine's not on the list..oh well they open at ten anyways...

Wow, finally pays off to live in Pennsylvania. Even my middle-of-nowhere town is getting a Pokemon rep. I still like the Wal-Mart freebies better, though I think I will be buying one of those kits just for the gold and silver game cases. The ones I have now are black.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I honestly wouldn't worry all that much. I've done a number of pre-orders, and I've always gone in for most of them. There may have been 1 or 2 that I got a phone call from, but for the rest of them, I just go to the store and pick them up there.

I'm basing this off of my purchase of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, as well as Platinum (granted, Platinum occurred the same day as something else, and I just barely got it).

C_L

Yeah you can just go in. I've preordered every Pokemon game since Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

auug of all the weeks to have a 3 day weekend why this one? the anticipation is killing me!

i wonder if i can get my HG/SS copy a bit early maybe i can bring in a few used games as collateral :p

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
for the wal*mart stocking question a few pages back I can tell you, the games will be shipped Thursday-Saturday during the day, and either arrive on the noon truck, or the 8pm truck, then the overnight will come in around 10 to relieve me, I mean the employee for the night, and work through the frieght, including the games. I know I used to work their (If your lucky sometimes people slip up and put the stuff out too early, I got platinum 3 days early, and if I still worked there I would be playing HG right now)

halloweenghost

for the wal*mart stocking question a few pages back I can tell you, the games will be shipped Thursday-Saturday during the day, and either arrive on the noon truck, or the 8pm truck, then the overnight will come in around 10 to relieve me, I mean the employee for the night, and work through the frieght, including the games. I know I used to work their (If your lucky sometimes people slip up and put the stuff out too early, I got platinum 3 days early, and if I still worked there I would be playing HG right now)

I got my gold version at walmart like 2 days early :p

Cobalt_Latios

also... i suppose no arceus for america?
I'd imagine you would. I don't remember where I read it (may have been the EB games website, not 100% sure here), but I'm pretty sure if you pre-order both you get Arceus as well as Lugia and Ho-oh.

C_L

Status
Not open for further replies.