• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bank$

That really annoys me. I don't like the way they're changing the names of places just because of languages... It's been the Tin Tower since G/S/C.. ffs.

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
Well I have gamestop as plan a, walmart plan b and target as plan c. They better have a copy!

Electivirus

Not really, no.
So, I've pre-ordered the strategy guide, paid off the last of my Soul Silver pre-order, and bought the HG/SS Essentials Kit (Carry Case, Character Styluses, Game Card Case, and Cleaning Cloth). :D

Unfortunately, though, I've got to go to church early in the morning, so I'll have to settle for getting my copy in the afternoon. D:

I really hope that my Gamestop doesn't run out of statues by then. They've got 100 pre-orders, but only 60 statues available...

Last edited:

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
Honestly, I don't care what they did. Its still the tin tower to me. Even if they named it the bell tower, I'll let that go. I'll just pretend its still named the tin tower.

R_N

Another interesting factoid

The Steelix Jasmine gives you is the one she uses in her Super Contests

Yeah, that's a pretty neat touch. It's called Nail or something ,right?

The Bell Tower thing is dumb. I know in the long run it doesn't mean anything, and we'll get over it eventually, but it's just so pointless. It's been the Tin Tower for the past 10 years. Every time it's been brought up since then has always been "Tin Tower"

What does Bell Tower accomplish?

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I reserved it at Target. It's sort of a late birthday present to myself.

Also, why are people so mad about the Tin Tower name change? Cerulean Cave was Unknown Dungeon iirc.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Yeah, that's a pretty neat touch. It's called Nail or something ,right?

The Bell Tower thing is dumb. I know in the long run it doesn't mean anything, and we'll get over it eventually, but it's just so pointless. It's been the Tin Tower for the past 10 years. Every time it's been brought up since then has always been "Tin Tower"

What does Bell Tower accomplish?

During the "awakening/calling" of Ho-Oh cutscene, Bells ring =/
Probably that was enough incentive to change the name.

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
What if there are bells in the tower? That'd be stupid, but it would give them a good reason to name it the bell tower. I still consider it the tin tower. They even called it the tin tower in the anime, so why change it now!? Does that mean in the dp eps, its the bell tower as well!? I sure hope not!

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
O man it seems like everyone reserved a copy I got a bad feeling they're gonna run out:/ is there slot of pokemon fans in CT? Lol

Godric

Petrew Petrew
What if there are bells in the tower? That'd be stupid, but it would give them a good reason to name it the bell tower. I still consider it the tin tower. They even called it the tin tower in the anime, so why change it now!? Does that mean in the dp eps, its the bell tower as well!? I sure hope not!

Pokemon Games ≠ Pokemon Anime

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
There are tons of pokemon fans. Sad that so many decided to quit being fans. Some, I understand. But others, I can't believe they were ever pokemon fans the way they treat the current or old fans that still are fans after all this time. Anyways, this time its a mix of old and new fans getting the games. Its gonna be awesome tomorrow! WOOHOO!

Warshadow

I'm Not Trading
I hate when this kind of stuff happen, why would they change the names of the places if they didn't even changed them when they first came out, right now I hate the guys who are translating the games, why would the change the name of the places we knew since back in the day?

NinjaBaker

Im getting soulsilver at traget since they open at 8am on sundays. I have confirmation on sunday but i plan to just play through the entire class :p. an i have monday off too! nevet have i been happier that pokemon is being released on sunday!

;251;

I think it was more witty to name it the bell tower
it sounds much better than 'Tin Tower'

I might have hold some sentimental value i guess to some of you
but come on

some of you founds like those old gay bashing geezers xD lol

22 hours untill i get my hands on my game 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.