• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Heroes: The Beginning(RPG Thread)

ashds

Law and Order: Unova
“It’s your choice, do what you think is right that’s what I always say” Jeff said to Sean looking for a way in “Now a normal thinking person would take the simple way in, but we want to surprise them so we are going to take a different way in. Any ideas?” Jeff asked Sean eyeing one of the windows he then turned his attention to a boy with brownish red hair, green eyes, and a purple shirt with torn jeans “How long have you been there” Jeff asked the boy smileing kindly.

Drifblim25

Pokemon Petter
“It’s your choice, do what you think is right that’s what I always say.” Jeff said, which to Sean was no help at all. “Now, a normal thinking person would take the simple way in, but we want to surprise them so we are going to take a different way in. Any ideas?” he said encouragingly, as he looked to the window.

At this time Sean was formulating a plan, when another boy showed up. “How long have you been there?” Jeff asked, smiling.

"Nevermind that, we need to get in to that window." Sean said in a slightly obnoxious tone, although he immediately regretted it. "Ok, here's my plan. If you (he pointed at Jeff), and you, if you want to help (pointed at the other boy), can get on my back, I might be able to fly us up to that window. Jeff, you can use your sword so we can break through the glass we should be able to fly in." Sean finished his plan, took a step back, and waited for a response.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
It was as they entered through the second door that things seemed to go wrong, Taren who had been leading the charge was suddenly impaled by a large thorn like plant, before Reteka could even get to him, the plant was tugged out and the man who Reteka had come to think of as a friend fell dead.

Upon further investigation, Reteka could see Forest grinning evilly before letting the grunts charge forward. It was as Reteka was killing the first seven or eight with his sword that he spun around to see Thalia. She was surrounded and as he watched even more, she was picked up and then sped out of the room.

He made follow but a vine wrapped around his waist and pulled him back.

With a roar of anger and pain, he spun himself around and covered his entire body in flames and crashed into Forest, as the two crashed into a wall and next thing Reteka knew was that he could feel cold, wet snow covering his body.

This still didn't stop him though as he was on his feet again and already heading towards the building.

A sudden torrent of flames stopped him and threw him backwards, burning his face; which immediately healed.

He could hear a soft chuckle and then Blayze stepped out, cutting him off from the building and the grunts who swarmed inside after his friends.

The only thing running through his mind was Thalia, and as he faced down Blayze, he called upon electricity and let it cackle violently.

He waited for Blayze and Forest to make the first moves before his attack and smirked when they walked closer.

Rotom310

As seen in pokedexes
“How long have you been there?” the one who seemed as hard as steel, literally, asked, smiling.

"Nevermind that, we need to get in to that window." the other guy said in a slightly obnoxious tone. "Ok, here's my plan. If you," he said pointing at the steel-covered kid, "and you, if you want to help," he said pointing at M.J., "you can get on my back, I might be able to fly us up to that window. Jeff, you can use your sword so we can break through the glass, we should be able to fly in." he finished his plan, took a step back, and waited for a response.

The first thing that entered M.J.'s mind was the white-haired girl's warning, "Don't touch anyone whom you don't want to hurt." While he still didn't know who these people were, or who they were fighting against, he still didn't want any of them to die, especially with how that one grunt reacted. M.J. gently shook his head, and tried to continue toward the exit.

He was about there, when something tugged on his leg. He looked down to see his Shuckle glaring almost venomous at him. He was shocked to say the least; his Shuckle was never like that. As it continued to glare at M.J., it also tried to drag him toward the two other guys, but was failing due to its miniscule size, when M.J. got shoved from behind by his Arbok. They all seemed to think this was right, Or something has brainwashed them, M.J. thought, but quickly shook that from his head. He guessed he had no choice, and not just because his Arbok's fangs were inches from him.

Still being pushed toward them, he said, "Apparently I'm going with you. But this one white-haired girl told me not to touch anyone. Tell me please, why is that?" M.J.'s voice almost seemed desperate. He was tired of only getting half-answers.

Steven Russell - Sunnyshore City

Steven saw the girl, who he still didn't know the name to, collapse against a tree. Steven slumped up against another, catching his breath.

"Okay," he finally said, breaking the silence, "what exactly just happened?" He added to Bane in a softer voice, "I know you lied about coming into the building. How did you come in, and why? And what was that mental-battle about?"

Last edited:

Unicorn

Neigh.
Bane slumped against a tree and Xia crashed into a bush right next to him. He was breathing heavily but he tried to calm himself as much as he could. Xia's heart was fluttering and she pressed herself into the ground, keeping absolutely still until she was sure there was no one coming after them.

"I know you lied about coming into the building. How did you come in, and why? And what was that mental-battle about?" Steven whispered harshly. Bane rolled his eyes in blatant annoyance.

“I came to get my revenge. Well, my bad-self did. Look, it's hard to explain. You guys all have powers, but none of you know what I have to go through every time I use them,” he barked, sounding wounded. he didn't want to have to tell them anything. If he did, they would only ask him to put himself at risk. There was no way he was going to try to take them into the Reverse World.

“Revenge?” Xia echoed beside him. She was looking at him expantantly. Bane looked away and let his blond hair fall over his eyes.

“Yes. I was with them before. They took my Pokemon and killed my family. The only thing I have left in this world is myself,” he responded pessimistically.

“Well, we're here for you!” Xia said, only making it more awkward for him.

“I don't need you ninnies. I just need to be left alone where I can forget I ever had these stupid powers...” he muttered. He turned his back on all of them, willing them all to shut up and leave him alone.

ashds

Jeff watched as the boy was about to leave only to be dragged back by his Arbok and Shuckle "Apparently I'm going with you. But this one white-haired girl told me not to touch anyone. Tell me please, why is that?" the boy said

Jeff sighed “I don’t really know but there is a chance you have powers just like me, Sean and the others but what type of power?” Jeff said, pausing in order to think of a way in finding out “any thing strange ever happed around you? Are one you know falling ill no reason what so ever?” Jeff asked

Nomad

I like your RPG. It has a good storyline, I'd like to join but...where is it that I can sign up?

Please help me.

Double-oh-Platypus

[Prairie Hunter - Outside Sunnyshore City]

"Wait, powers?" Prairie asked. She was young, younger than the others, she was sure, but she knew a bit about what she thought Bane was talking about. "What do you mean by powers?"

All her life, Prairie had been plagued by a mysterious force, seemingly. It had never been very prominent, but sometimes she just found herself fading into the background; being ignored. And once, she swore that when she had received a cut in a fencing accident, it healed itself in the shadows of the trees outside. Could it possibly be a reference to what Bane was saying?

[Thalia Jackson - Snowpoint City]

Apparently her captors were very sure that the drugs were working because when they reached a small room with a chair, they didn't even tie Thalia. Instead, they simply left her slumped upon it before going about business. Thalia noticed that in the dim lights there were actually computer monitors, each glowing with different data.

I need to get out of here, she thought desperately to herself. Somewhere in the building a war was raging and yet, there she was, drugged in a chair.

"When shall we do the blood extraction?" one man asked his minor commander.

"When we have more victims," the second in command replied. "We might as well do it tomorrow when we have a large number of demon children to extract from."

That was her chance! She'd have to escape in the night, when she wouldn't be as drugged.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
Reteka

He knew that if he could just draw them away then he would be able to get to Thalia quicker. That would mean vast amounts of power being used in quick succession. Luckily Blayze was pretty weak in retrospect to Reteka and he would be able to defeat her quickly.

She was also a lot more impatient.

After a few seconds of circling around Reteka, she dived towards him, her hand completely on fire.

Back when they had first met this may have been enough to make it a long fight, but Reteka had since met Topaz and calling upon her power he grabbed Blayze in mid air and sent her flying into Forrest.

With that done. he was already speeding towards the exit, only to be stopped by a familiar face.

"Nikki?"

"The one and only." The Ice Powered woman replied, summoning some shards of ice that she then sent sailing towards Reteka.

"I see you've met another one of our members Reteka, now. Please refrain from chasing after your Girlfriend so that we can fight properly." Forrest's voice was closer now and Reteka now saw himself surrounded.

He called upon the Electricity and let lose a discharge towards Nikki hoping to clear the way.

Emerald

As Taren fell, Emerald let out a grunt of despair but she didn't have time to mourn. Instead she crashed into the room and began calling upon her power, speeding around throwing grunts, punching, kicking and breaking bones.

Nothing could withstand her onslaught and despite the fact that Reteka appeared to be on his own fighting and Thalia had been captured, she couldn't do anything. If any one else left then the rest of them would be overwhelmed.

Seiko

The fighting was thick and Seiko was almost overwhelmed by the sheer number of grunts. The others all had powers and he had nothing.

In truth he still had no idea why he was with them...but then he would remember his sister and it would lend him strength. He began weaving in and around grunts, breaking bones, all the while oblivious to the mystic aura that surrounded him lending him speed and strength.

Drifblim25

Pokemon Petter
The new boy tried to back away but was pushed forward by a Shuckle and its Arbok companion. The large snake and the little turtle looked rather angry. The boy said, "Apparently I'm going with you. But this one white-haired girl told me not to touch anyone. Tell me please, why is that?" His voice was desperate and he looked to the two for answers.

Next to him, Jeff sighed deeply, “I don’t really know but there is a chance you have powers just like me, Sean and the others but what type of power?” He paused, either for effect or he was thinking, “anything strange ever happened around you? Are people you know falling ill no reason what so ever?”

Sean however was startled at the memory of Topaz and decided that what she knew was best. "Well," he started, "there is a possibility his power is Poison or Bug, so it may be harmful for us to touch him. Topaz is Psychic, so she may have realized his abilities with her psy-power-stuff. If you help us, it's best we avoid contact."

Not waiting for him to respond, he decided to take off the way Reteka and the others had gone. In the hallway he passed it was a massacre, dead grunts sprawled all over the floor in a gruesome fashion. When he was about to turn the corner, he stopped. Lying there was the body of... Seiko or Taren. Sean was disappointed that even in death, he couldn't remember the name of the man. In his chest was a huge thorn, wider than Sean's whole body in circumference. His face was wide with horror.

Almost crying at the scene (of the dead man he didn't know) he stormed into the room, waiting for whatever hit him- to get hit back.

Drifblim25

Pokemon Petter
The new boy tried to back away but was pushed forward by a Shuckle and its Arbok companion. The large snake and the little turtle looked rather angry. The boy said, "Apparently I'm going with you. But this one white-haired girl told me not to touch anyone. Tell me please, why is that?" His voice was desperate and he looked to the two for answers.

Next to him, Jeff sighed deeply, “I don’t really know but there is a chance you have powers just like me, Sean and the others but what type of power?” He paused, either for effect or he was thinking, “anything strange ever happened around you? Are people you know falling ill no reason what so ever?”

Sean however was startled at the memory of Topaz and decided that what she knew was best. "Well," he started, "there is a possibility his power is Poison or Bug, so it may be harmful for us to touch him. Topaz is Psychic, so she may have realized his abilities with her psy-power-stuff. If you help us, it's best we avoid contact."

Not waiting for him to respond, he decided to take off the way Reteka and the others had gone. In the hallway he passed it was a massacre, dead grunts sprawled all over the floor in a gruesome fashion. When he was about to turn the corner, he stopped. Lying there was the body of... Seiko or Taren. Sean was disappointed that even in death, he couldn't remember the name of the man. In his chest was a huge thorn, wider than Sean's whole body in circumference. His face was wide with horror.

Almost crying at the scene (of the dead man he didn't know) he stormed into the room, waiting for whatever hit him- to get hit back.

Unicorn

Neigh.
"Wait, powers?" Prairie asked. Bane could tell she was the youngest one there. "What do you mean by powers?"

He turned around and gave her a long hard stare. “Don't tell me you don't know,” He said haughtily. Xia glared at him.

“Hey, don't act like that. I didn't know I had powers until a few days ago,” she said, getting in his face. Bane backed away and put his hands up in surrender.

“Alright, alright...” he muttered. It was true, he didn't realize he had any powers until recently either.

“I think these guys captured the three of us because we have special powers. Like, I can summon bugs and I talk to them too,” Xia explained to the girl. “By the way, we still don't know your name. What is it?”

Bane grumpily crossed his arms and turned his back on all of them again. Maybe if he didn't look, they would all just disappear.

ashds

Jeff ran right in his eyes briefly takeing in the carriage he came to a halt when he saw Nikki and some other guy facing Reteka “Don’t worry Reteka I’m coming Jeff began to run as fast as he could “Gyro ball” he yelled transforming into his ball form and clipping the unknown mans left side at the same time Nikki got hit with a blast of electricity “Shall we do this together Reteka? or do you need to keep going?” Jeff said calmly “if it is answer 2 than I will do my best to bide you time” Jeff looked at Reteka then at Nikki and finally toward the man he knocked down. To Jeffs surprise he now had two metal claws (one on each hand) coming out of his wrist “That’s new” was all he could think of saying.

(OOC: if there is something wrong with this post Stabberz tell me and I will edit or delete it)

Double-oh-Platypus

[Prairie Hunter]

“I think these guys captured the three of us because we have special powers. Like, I can summon bugs and I talk to them too,” Xia said to Prairie. “By the way, we still don't know your name. What is it?”

"Prairie," she replied. "And you're Xia right? And Bane? And Steven?" She turned to each person as she said their name, hoping for confirmation. All the while, her thoughts seemed to centre around the fact that she wasn't normal. She had never been normal, and now she knew why.

"Wait, bugs?" Prairie asked. "As in, bug powers? Are these so-called powers based off of the types of Pokemon that live in the wild?"

Drifblim25

Pokemon Petter
Well... nothing hit him, to say the most. But it did hit Reteka. A girl stood there with ice shards forming around her, smiling triumphantly. Next to him, Jeff was helping the boy fight. Well, at least he has some friends, Sean thought, because I certainly won't be considered an ally after this. He looked ahead, to see where the others were. The girl, Em, was fighting the grunts manaically, punching and kicking faster than Seans eyes could keep up with. The grumpy boy he had landed on earlier, Taren, was it? Or Seiko? One or the other, was speeding around and fighting the goons, and a purple aura was forming around him.

Unsure of what to do and energy deprived, Sean was shocked when a grunt creeped up on him with a knife. He managed to catch his arm in time, and the two were soon struggling on the floor. An idea formed, and he stuck out his free arm toward the grunt, willing the wind to blow him away. However, at the best of times, his powers failed him, and again he was flailing on the ground, desperatley trying not to be cut.

By this time, another grunt had noticed him, and got ready for his attack. He pointed his gun down at the boy, aimed for his head, and prepared to shoot...

Sean's eyes were closed, and all of a sudden the room went white. The grunt was gone, so were the people with strange powers, so was the deathly room. Sean grew aware that he was in fact, floating, and that there was no floor. He tried to gain his bearings, and found he was able to float. Then- he gasped, as he came to the bitter conclusion that he was dead and that this was in fact heaven. Liams image suddenly surfaced, and he had a look of fear on his face. His eyes had deep black rings and he was utterly terrified of something- something behind him. Sean craned his neck to see the source when he was hit with a blast of cold.

This blast of cold was an enormous Abomasnow. The grunt in front of him was taken down as the creature blasted into him. The second grunt, who was getting to his feet and taking off, was blasted with an Ice Shard, that sent him flying into the wall. The beast then turned its attention to Sean. He cowered in fear, wondering if this was a worse way to die, when it lifted him up and hugged him. It closed its eyes in warm embrace (as warm as and ice type can get) and then Sean realized- it was Snover. His small companion had been forgotten down in Solaceon. He hugged back, and then jumped to his feet, ready for battle.

((OOC: Stabberz, you gave me permission to evolve ages ago and I forgot, but I had an idea- what if this entire time, Snover/Abomasnow and Toxicroak had befriended in Solaceon and traveled up here? Good idea, no?))

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
The blurred ball of Jeff suddenly flashed past Reteka and crashed into Forrest, just as Nikki was hit by the blast of electricity. Reteka smirked at this and waited for Jeff to get back to his feet. He waited as the man stood beside him and then began to speak.

“Shall we do this together Reteka? or do you need to keep going?” Jeff said calmly “if it is answer 2 than I will do my best to bide you time” This was accompanied by three metal claws seemingly coming out of the steel man's, knuckles. On either side.

"See that red head over there?" Reteka asked with a nod to Blayze. "You take her, be warned though, she can manipulate flames."

As if to prove a point, all three of the super powered villains launched simultaneous attacks. Nikki a pure beam of Ice. Blayze a massive burst of flames and Forrest a large beam of solar energy.

Thinking last and acting first, Reteka concentrated his energy and some how managed to throw up a protective barrier that stopped all three attacks with ease.

Once they were done, he lowered the barrier and nodded to Jeff before drawing upon his power again.

He called the image of a white haired Psychic powered female into his mind and reached out towards Nikki and Forrest and pulled them both further towards him.

The battle began again now.

ashds

(OCC: I had to bunny Blayze Stabberz)

"You take her, be warned though, she can manipulate flames." Reteka said just as all three fired out an attack but was blocked by Reteka’s barrier

“So I gathered” was all Jeff could reply with he then rolled away from a fire ball that Blayze threw Jeff then rolled near a computer system for cover.

Jeff got out of his ball form he pushed the computer towards Blayze only to watch the red head burn it. “Darm” Jeff said panting from the pushing Blayze saw an opening and shot Jeff with a small beam of fire however Jeff used his metal arms to block the beam and push it away. Jeff looked down at his arms not only was the metal armor gone from them but they both had medium level burns.

(OCC: any problems tell me and I shall edit the post)

Unicorn

Neigh.
"Wait, bugs?" Prairie asked. "As in, bug powers? Are these so-called powers based off of the types of Pokemon that live in the wild?"

“Beats me,” Bane muttered without turning around. Xia glared at him. She didn't really like this Bane guy at all. He was... shifty. Could they trust him?

“Well, that's my best guess. Do you know what kind of powers you have?” She said after a long stare at Bane. He kept his back to them, but he made a small cough.

Double-oh-Platypus

[Prairie Hunter]

Prairie thought hard about Xia's question. She was certain that she had powers, but it was simply a matter of narrowing it down to the type of Pokemon her powers were modeled after. Finally she settled on two choices: ghost or dark.

She shrugged in response. "My powers haven't really been prominent," she said. "I'm still trying to figure them out from memories. I haven't used them in quite a while."

Ghost and dark Pokemon were closely related in powers, so Prairie would just have to wait and see if her powers would return before determining just which powers she had.

Unicorn

Neigh.
The hairs on the back of Bane's neck prickled at Prairie's words. So... she was either ghost-type or dark-type. From what he had already experienced, Bane was confident he was ghost-type aligned. Giratina wouldn't have spoken with him if he wasn't. But Prairie... she didn't have that kind of aura about her.

“You're not ghost-type,” he spat over his shoulder. With that, he started to walk away from the trio of kids. He was tiring of the conversation and he was afraid someone might find them. They weren't exactly undercover.

“Hey!” Xia called after him, “Where are you going?!”

“Anywhere but here,” he replied coldly. He didn't look back. After losing his family, his sanity, and his life, he was too tired to make an effort. He would go it alone. These Dark Twilight people would pay eventually, but not after he found those other goons: the stupid kids who “needed help” back when he was in Veilstone. If anyone would have a true explanation for all of this, it would be them. His only problem was that he didn't know where to find them.

“You can't just leave us! We're in the same boat, right?” Xia's voice nagged. He was ready to strangle her.

“Buzz off,” he replied with intended irony. Xia stared after him and then looked at Prairie and Steven.

“Should we follow him?” she asked in a low voice. Something told her that Bane would be the key to getting more answers. But she wouldn't go after him without the approval of Steven and Prairie.