• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Heroes: The Beginning(RPG Thread)

ashds

Law and Order: Unova
Jeff turned his back on Faral and said “I’m going do not even attempt to look for me until you have gotten it into your head insecurity is not a reason to murder others and about your Dodrio I’m sorry for threaten it even if it was for a good reason” Jeff’s Noctowl flew towards him with his things “thanks pal” Jeff said picking up the bag Noctowl dropped.

Noctowl hooted happily and landed on Jeff’s shoulder he then left.

When Jeff got out of Route 218 he choses to put as much distance between him and Faral as possible which is why he was on now route 216 on the way to veilstone “That was one praniod girl, right Umbereon”

Umbereon nodded in agreement

“I mean ok I understand her being mad at me for scareing her brid but did it never come to her head that there may have been a good reason for what I did” Jeff continued.

Not a sound came from the two until they arrived in veilstone and that was only to book a room at the pokemon center for the night.

Double-oh-Platypus

[Thalia Jackson, Lake Valor - Day]

Thalia grimaced slightly at the way Reteka was treating her. It wasn't like she was squeamish about the blood.Maybe a date with him wouldn't be preferable by the end of all this, whatever this was.

"So... how about we go to Veilstone City?" Emerald suggested as the last of the bodies were dragged into the lake. Thalia's eyes narrowed in disgust. The Pokemon certainly wouldn't be happy and she was glad she had put her Poliwhirl back in his Poke Ball. He would be furious.

"Sure," Thalia said. "Veilstone sounds good. I'll just give my mom a call whenever I can. She probably wouldn't be very impressed with the fact that I just sort of left her to fend for herself back in Sunnyshore with my sister." Another faint smile crept onto Thalia's face as she recalled one of her mom's 'moments' but the smile faded as she remembered the situation: someone was out to kill her and/or her companions.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Hearthome City - Evening
Faral Alvost.

Faral was disappointed when he had decided to leave without fighting, but perhaps it was for the best circumstances. The girl who he was pretty much protecting had said her name was Nikki Fleming. She had a few choice words for her perspective. They both had left her before she could explain that her weapon could not kill unless she flipped the blade around.

She had sheathed her katana after they both had left, leaving her irritated. She had chosen to ride on her dodrio, using dodrio's short flying capabilities to leap through the routes like it was a straight dash. She had fed her dodrio before returning it to the pokeball and entered Hearthome City.

Although it was fairly late in the afternoon, there seemed to be several people going about, most of them ignoring her. She prefered it that way. She idly strolled through the town, making her way to the pokemon center. Although she got lost a bit, she eventually did find it and went in and had her dodrio healed. While she was waiting for her dodrio to be healed, she had heard that starly were some rather good pokemon that when they fully evolved, could become a powerful bird to reckon with. She would perhaps go for it once she found out why she had to come to Hearthome City from her brother.

"Of all cities to go to, why did it have to be in a city where hearts was a common sense of interior design," she thought to herself after observing the interior of the room she had rented. She let her healed dodrio out and let it settle itself onto the rather large cushion that was in the room before showering and heading to bed. As she laid on the bed, one question came to her mind. "Why can't life be normal for me? I've always had to fend for myself. Using pokemon is pretty much useless against those guys dressed in black. I just hope they don't find me." She slowly drifted off to sleep, hoping that she didn't end up dead.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Nikki Fleming - Evening

"Velistone City here I grace you with my presence" Nikki thought as she smiled at her flying Pokemon who flew her to the City. It is a bustling city, full of action and life, a place where Nikki can connect to in her opinion.

"Return" she ordered to her flying Pokemon as it obliged returning into the capsule it lives in. Nikki decided to shop just to help her kill time and it was like most women her age, a favourite past time but before that she knew she had to get a room in the Pokemon Center. As she walked in, after healing and obviously getting a room, Nikki decided to just have a shower after she took a whiff of herself and stated that she smelt like the sea much to her dismay.

Nikki yearned for company of humans something she must needed in her opinion. "I wonder when will someone I know meet me our do I have to go straight to Snowpoint" she thought as she dressed up and walked outside the Pokemon Center to shop in the department store for one reason, clothes.

After a lot of shopping and dining, Nikki carrying her bags decided to chill out and relax at the Pokemon Center by going into her room and walking downstairs at the dead of night to make it easier to relax without sleeping. So she walked into her room and pulled out a book from one of her drawers and sat on her bed and started to read.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
"Then it's settled, we'll head to Vielstone." Reteka announced, he shifted his body and adjusted his sword before picking up the black bag he had obtained, he then walked over to where the men's weapons lay, seven swords, nine tasers three axes and eleven hand guns. "Thalia you can call your Mother, Em you can help me understand whats happening me whilst she's doing that, and then..." He trailed off a smirk appearingg on his face.

"I can keep my promise." This was directed at the black haired one of the two girls, he looked down at the hand guns and he removed all the cartridges of bullets in all of them bar one, he pocketed the cartridges and hid the gun inside his shirt, he then turned to the two girls.

"Let's go."

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
"Thalia you can call your Mother, Em you can help me understand whats happening me whilst she's doing that, and then..." He trailed off a smirk appearingg on his face.

"I can keep my promise." This was directed at the black haired one of the two girls, he looked down at the hand guns and he removed all the cartridges of bullets in all of them bar one, he pocketed the cartridges and hid the gun inside his shirt, he then turned to the two girls.

"Let's go." He said.

"Wow, not so fast." Em said as she stood in front of him. "Gotta check something first." She said as she placed her left foot in Reteka's stomach and weakly kicked him on the ground. "I don't want you to hurt yourself, and I know what I'm doing." she said as she then sat on Reteka's chest. "Sorry." She said as she began checking his body for wounds, she soon noticed his right hand: "What?" She muttered as she took the hand and felt the fingers and knuckles. "Reteka, how come your knuckles aren't broken?" She asked, "With a punch you use a little while earlier, you should've atleast broke your knuckles!" She said, "But it's only a small cut wound, nothing more nothing less..." She stated.

"You've got a strong body Reteka..." She said as she then playfully placed her face closer to his and then stood up, she stook out a hand to help him up, she looked to Thalia and smiled. "Cmon girl, let's go."

ashds

(Stabberz has said I can do this if anyone has a problem with it then I will make a sign up for the charter in question)

Dark Twilight base- Veinstone

The eighteen and a half red head sighed depressingly as she finished reading her orders which sounded pretty easy because they told to capture some unknown kid. She changed into a red mini dress with black tights and plain red shoes she also picked up her weapon (which is the same as Axel’s in kingdom hearts 2) and left the base.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(a half hour later)

Jeff wandered around Veilstone looking some what amazed at the sights of the city

“Hey kid come over here” he heard a female voice whisper from an alley it was the kind of tone that did make Jeff blush

Feeling that he has nothing to lose Jeff followed the voice but had he hands on his swords just in case he then saw a girl a little older than him he couldn’t but blush even more

The girl was surprised by the blush and even a little bit flattered seeing as how he was the male she know who blushed by looking at her and she had to admit he wasn’t bad looking himself she then said to him in her normal voice “My name is Mars. Got it memorized?”

ashds

(Stabberz has said I can do this if anyone has a problem with it then I will make a sign up for the charter in question)

Dark Twilight base- Veinstone

The eighteen and a half red head sighed depressingly as she finished reading her orders which sounded pretty easy because they told to capture some unknown kid. She changed into a red mini dress with black tights and plain red shoes she also picked up her weapon (which is the same as Axel’s in kingdom hearts 2) and left the base.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(a half hour later)

Jeff wandered around Veilstone looking some what amazed at the sights of the city

“Hey kid come over here” he heard a female voice whisper from an alley it was the kind of tone that did make Jeff blush

Feeling that he has nothing to lose Jeff followed the voice but had he hands on his swords just in case he then saw a girl a little older than him he couldn’t but blush even more

The girl was surprised by the blush and even a little bit flattered seeing as how he was the male she know who blushed by looking at her and she had to admit he wasn’t bad looking himself she then said to him in her normal voice “My name is Mars. Got it memorized?”

Nirarekdan

((OOC: Late post >.< very bad late post. Sorry guys))

Lake Valor- Midday

"Do you hear that?"

Elizabeth sat up straighter at the tense tone in Feht's voice. The espeon growled softly, and Captain clacked his beak loudly. Listening closely, the trio could hear the sounds of fighting up ahead. Maybe the poachers had been caught by law enforcement, finally, and were giving them a hard time? "Come on, let's go!" the girl said, and Captain clacked his beak again, plowing through the brush.

"Wait! You don't know what could be going on!! Feht said, running alongside them and trying to see what was going on before they ran straight into danger. As they neared, though, Eli nudged Captain to the left, towards the entrance to the lakeside area. Whoever they were, they would probably try to flee that way, and she would need to cut them off. They broke into the open a few moments after the sounds of fighting stopped, and Eli looked back towards the lake wondering if she'd gotten it wrong and should have headed towards the forest instead.

However, all she saw was a group of kids standing in the middle of several bodies. As she watched, she felt them go from thinking creatures to empty things, and she shuddered. Feht's fur was standing on end, a low growl in her throat as she caught the scent of blood on the breeze. "What in the name of Arceus happened....?" Eli said quietly, too stunned for a moment to do anything but stare. Whether either of these groups were the poachers, she'd just walked into a world full of trouble.

Last edited:

Kyira

Insane, but fun.
The sun set upon the horizon, send shafts of red and orange streaming across the sky, reflecting off the silver clouds, turning them a light pink.
The 19 year old girl walked gracefully down the dirt road as the wind gently swirled around her. Ashley, her vulpix, skipped happily in front of her, enjoying the wind as it brushed across it's red fur.

"Ok..." Alice said, staring at her pokenav which she has kept with her since she was in Hoenn, "We should make it to veilstone in a few minutes." She gave a quick sigh of relief, then trotted ahead of vulpix. "Well, might as well help time go faster!" She turned her head back to vulpix "Race ya!" then took off running. They raced each other to Veilstone, though three-fourths of the way there Alice returned Ashley to her pokeball when the small pokemon got to far ahead of her.

"Ok, you can come back out." Alice said casually as she released Ashley, "Hey! I did not cheat." She said as Ashley let out a sharp growl. "My hand slip," Alice stated, as she looked around the town, "Anyway, I'm tired, we better find the pokemon center." Ashley nodded and jumped on Alice's shoulder, after a little while a searching and asking directions, because Veilstone was a huge town they found the pokemon center, and got a room for the night.

Last edited:

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
((OoC: Late sign up and start, o_O I'm just going to head over to where everyone's heading. Hope this post is fine.))

Dark Twilight Commander Saturn
Veilstone city- Dark Twilight Base

Saturn sat in a chair facing multiple computer screens. Half of them displayed scenes from surveillance cameras and the other half displayed countless amounts of information regarding the children with mysterious powers. Well, what Team Dark Twilight knew about them.

Giving an annoyed sigh, Saturn whirled around in his chair. “Why does Mars get all the fun? I’m stuck here researching while she gets to go out and actually find one!” Saturn complained leaning back in his office chair.

The room around him was small and dark with the computer screens as his only light. A few light bulbs hung from the ceiling, but they had burnt out long ago. As Saturn’s complains fell into the eerie silence he sighed turning around again to face the screen.

His gaze fell upon a screen that was tapping a secluded ally way somewhere near to the Veilstone Department store. In the scene the camera capture a girl with red hair barely younger than yours truly dressed in semi-modern clothes. Saturn chuckled, that had to be Mars, but facing her was a guy he didn’t recognize.

Quickly he did a face scan on the guy with his high-tech computer finding that this was indeed the man that possessed the steel power. He fell back in his chair saying to himself, “Man! Mars has it easy, all she has to do is waltz up to this guy and somehow bring him back to base! It’s not… Hold the phone.”

Saturn shot up looking directly into the security camera below the one capturing Mars and the Steel guy missing them blush at each other. This one was of a girl in the Pokémon walking up the stairs to the rooms. Quickly he paused the camera and took another face scan. When the results came up he smiled, yet another match, Veilstone must have been loaded with them. He knew that the girl had looked familiar.

He began to do face scans on random people trying to find more of the elemental people. Many more negatives rang up leaving him somewhat disappointed. Looking at a security camera he zoomed in on the entrance of the city seeing a group of bloody and beaten teens entering the city. Doing a final face scan Saturn gave a cocky smile and picked up a headset from the desk he was sitting at putting it on.

“We have a target heading up to room B16 of the Veilstone Pokémon center, I repeat, target heading up to room B16 of the Veilstone Pokémon center. Any able troops head to the location. Also 15 troops head over to entrance gate 4, we have spotted targets there as well,” Saturn called into the receiver. Pressing a button he continued, “Charon, Take over for me.” He was answered by a groan, but then a “Yes.”

Picking up a dark cloak, Saturn stood up and began to rush out of the room heading out to entrance gate 4.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
Reteka grunted as they reached the entrance to Veilstone, he still hadn't talked to Emerald after her antics despite the fact that he had so many questions about what he was going through with these "powers", as Em said he should of broken his hand when attacking with that punch, it was a Mega Punch he knew that much.

That phrase...Mega Punch, he had seen Infernape user it and it had turned out just like that, a sudden thought twinged in his mind, when he had run fast and then impacted with the men...Quick Attack, he had even seen Emerald hit some with a Karate Chop.

He looked to Thalia who was walking along in the middle, he had made sure he had put distance between himself and Emerald, he moved closer to the black haired girl and gently touched her hand before moving his hand away again

"Do you want to head to the Pokémon Center now?"

Double-oh-Platypus

Thalia Jackson, Veilstone City - Day

Thalia felt the brush of Reteka's hand against hers and she quickly drew hers away, crossing both arms across her chest. She wasn't about to go all sappy and hold someone's hand; that just wasn't her.

She had been to Veilstone a few times when she had traveled around the eastern part of Sinnoh. It was a dirty city with a lot of gambling going on. Definitely not the place to be found if you were a single teenage girl. Of course, this time, however, she wasn't alone.

"Do you want to go to the Pokemon Centre now?" Reteka asked. It wasn't really addressed to anyone in particular, but Thalia had a sneaking suspicion that it was more directed to her than to Emerald.

She shrugged in response. "Doesn't matter," she replied, twisting a strand of her black hair around her finger. "Whatever."

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
Reid was stood still in an empty barren field. The only thing around her for miles of what she could see, was grass land. She had completely spaced out as she walked from what once was a cobblestone path. As she looked up to the sky she tried to identify where abouts she was by the position of the stars. She sighed as she held her left hand up into the air and stood like a statue, not even breathing, until she brought it down again. "Looks like this place will be dry for another week or so." she muttered and sighed, raising her other hand as the air around her began to grow moist, small clouds forming in the sky, there size wasn't nearly alot, but it would be enough to start raining in an hour or two. Happy to be helping out with nature, she continued on her way to...she really did not know where she was going. she just remembered having a dream telling her to "walk and don't stop until you get there", she continued walking and wondered wether she ever really would find where there was.

ashds

Jeff pulled his sword from their sheaths and ran towards Mars he jumped up at the last second and swung both of his swords downwards Mars got her spiked throwing discs above her head and they blocked the swords what they DID NOT block was the kick in the stomach Jeff gave her just as gravity was forcing his body to come back down. He then summer salted away from her, he charged at her again using long swings to overwhelm her close up defense and short ranged offence for five minutes the two block and parried each others slashes and stabs. Jeff slip one of his swords into the handle of one of her discs he then placed the other sword in as well and pulled the disc in question from her grip.

Mars threw her other disc at Jeff which missed him and cut off a piece of a drain pipe, the drain pipe did hit him and knocked him out.

Mars picked up her discs sheathed Jeff’s swords and carried him back to base.

greywolf123

Seiko-Morning-Hearthrome

Seiko sighed slightly as he walked into what struck him as an awfully gaudy city. Sure, he'd heard about how friendly it was to families, and its attire was no surprise due to its contests, but it still struck him as wholly gaudy and flashy. He was not used to such flashy cities, Blackthorne was very low key, you didn't get flashy when the temperature could plummet down into the negatives spring fall and winter, and the balmy temperatures here were a rare occurrence there.

However, he did not plan on staying here long. He wanted to go to two places, Pastoria, to meet his Aunt. He hoped at least, she was still there. They had asked if he could go visit her, and she had accepted, but he wasn't quite sure how happy she was with this whole arrangement. She seemed to think he was rather impolite to drop in on her all the sudden. They had to contact her, because she'd had a falling out with her family, and they hadn't told her about his parents. That they had died, and he was trying to stay low.

He was actually a person of interest by the police, as they were wondering where he was, however, they thought him dead, if only because of a witness seeing him fleeing, and the fact the bullet shells were being fired at him, not away from him. However, he couldn't let them find him, because if they did, he doubted he'd live long. It wasn't he didn't trust the police, he just didn't trust anyone. That was why he'd camped outside in the forest, instead of actually entering the city. He didn't rust he could be safe there.

However, as he looked inside, he felt his PokeGear ring slightly, and he sighed. He wasn't exactly sure who could be calling him, as only two numbers were registered, his sisters and his aunts. Opening it up, he found it was his aunts. Answering it, he frowned for a moment. "Yes, I know. What? Why? Ah. Well, Okay. Two days it is." He hung up after that, and cursed to himself. Apparently his aunt had to go somewhere, and would be gone for two days. She said she'd pay for any hotel he stayed at, he just wouldn't be able to get to her house yet.

"Of course." He figured something like this would happen. Now not only was he alone, but he was stuck in an unknown city. On the plus side, it did mean no one would know who he was, right? He sure hoped so. This city was immense, and only after someone kindly offered him a map, which he accepted begrudgingly, that he was able to find a Pokemon Center. He wanted to heal up his Pokemon first. As well, he knew people tended to gather there, he might be able to find out if there were any news about people in black. Any news would be better than no news.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Nikki as the type of girl she is decided to hit the streets and walked around the brisk day of the city. "Such a place where I fit in, ha" she thought as she in her a dressed up attire of a long glamorous light blue dress and her hair tied up. "Now we have a place where I can eat or gamble" she thought as the sunlight hit her light blue eyes and her face giving Nikki a shimmering look. However while walking around she noticed two females and a male looking suspicious in her opinion. She thought she could see them face to face with her eyes against theirs however the direct sunlight made her seem something like a ghost or an angel as she thought "I am getting weird vibes from them". Nikki winked and then walked away quickly, she didn't trust the look of those group of people at the entrance of Velistone City.

"Who are they" Nikki thought "Should I go talk them, they seem weird but I feel like there is not going to be a harmful results of it". Taking a different route Nikki in her glamorous outfit appeared behind them. "Hello, I can tell there is something special of you three, some sort of powers or is there love between a couple" she coolly remarked in her sultry acting voice "Or is sir playing his cards or madame is not too trusting of him or love, I can see sir's actions but I shall not pry"

"Nice job, Nikki" she thought "You are playing the part well, time to just play around. Nikki decided to take it up a notch while the girl was twirling her black hair "Do you need directions to your destined location, sir and both madame, I will be gladly to point to your destination" she remarked in a sultry voice "You seem out of place here" her voice giving her a mysterious profile just like she learned in acting class as she lent her help.

Last edited:

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
Em noticed that Thalia crossed her arms to Reteka, she raised her eyebrow but said nothing. "Meh, nothing important I guess." She thought as they arrived at the third biggest city of Sinnoh: Veilstone City.

"Do you want to head to the Pokémon Center now?" Reteka asked, a bit obvious to Thalia.

"Suck-up." Em thought as she saw a woman approaching them:

"Hello, I can tell there is something special of you three, some sort of powers or is there love between a couple" she coolly remarked in her sultry acting voice "Or is sir playing her cards or madame is not too trusting of him or love, I can see sir's actions but I shall not pry"

Em rolled her eyes at this, but it seemed the woman was very pleased of what she just said. Em slowly got annoyed at this, she felt like she wanted to punch that woman in the face just to shut her up. But she took a deep breath and tried to stay cool. "Do you need directions to your destined location, sir and both madame, I will be gladly to point to your destination" she remarked in a sultry voice "You seem out of place here" The woman continued

"Goddamnit" Em cursed in herself, "Not interested..." Em quickly said as she walked away, "Thalia, Reteka. I'm off to the Metorite Park, if ya wanna come. Come if you like. I'll come later tonight to the pokemon center I guess." She stated as she placed both hands behind her head and started walking where the sign next to her said that the metorite Park is.

Last edited:

Kyira

Insane, but fun.
Alice gazed out of the large window, peering down a the large, bright city below. Ashley was curled up on the bed, using her big tail as a pillow. It had only been about an hour since they had gotten, there so it wasn't very late, though Alice tried her best to sleep but failed miserably. She began to pace around the room, trying to think of something she wanted to do.

"I got it!" She said suddenly, running across the room to her bag that was leaned up against the frame of the bed. Ashley jumped, flying two feet in the air, then let out a growl when Alice laughed at her.

"Ok, calm down." Alice said, still laughing, while pulling out a pile of cloths, "Come on, we're going to meteorite park!" She laughed again, her soft melodic laugh sounded like wind chimes in a soft breeze. Ashley cocked her head to one side, questioning her with her eyes.

"You'll see," Alice said before skipping into the bathroom, with a pile of cloths in her hands.

When she returned, any guy would faint at the sight of her.
The simple, long-sleeved, V-neck, cashmere dress extended to her knees, it was tight around the waist, then fanned out at her hips. Underneath she wore light brown, just slightly lighter than her own skin, tights that shaped her legs perfectly. To complete the outfit, she had on black heels, that strapped around her ankle, to give her a more, elegant look.
Though she left her hair down, brushing it until it was shining and the red in it stood out more than usual. She looked like she belonged on a catwalk.

"What? I decided to dress up." Alice said as she saw Ashley's surprised face.

Alice walked happily down the road, many pedestrians, mostly guys, stared at her as she walked gracefully down the sidewalk, vulpix sat proudly on her shoulder. She walked around for a while, asking directions, and eventually made it to the front entrance of the town when finally saw a sign directing her to the park, but something else caught her attention.

Three females and male, nothing really that strange about them, there was just something off that she couldn't pin-point. Though she walked passed them just in time to here the one with brown hair, curse under her breath. Alice flinched, if there was one thing that she hated more than anything, was curse words.

"Not interested..." She quickly said as she walked away, "Thalia, Reteka. I'm off to the Meteorite Park, if ya wanna come. Come if you like. I'll come later tonight to the pokemon center I guess." She stated as she placed both hands behind her head and started walking away.

Alice kept her distance from her, and let her walk ahead, but there was still something off about her...but what? She decided to follow her, still keeping a good enough distance.

Last edited:

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Jade Sweeter
======= In Hearthome City Near the Pokemon Center

Like Bo peep and her Mareep, Jade had followed that brown-hair guy with the walking stick down the dusty road and through the dark cave. The whole time he didn’t notice the sixteen-year old that was tailing him or he was simply ignoring him he really couldn’t tell since the man didn’t even once give him a glance. The whole time he stay a fair distance away until the cave which he lost sight of him because the darkness, but he manage to make his way outside. Eventually arriving at Hearthome City according to the sign.

The inhabitant area was quite large filled with tons of building and lots of people. It size however couldn’t compare to the enormity of Goldenrod City; however it sure got high marks for being as bright and cheerful appearing place. Stopping his roaming eyes, he looked around again until he again located man he had be observing; the way he moved through the city without really giving it much look told him he didn’t like his surrounding. Pausing he pulled out PokeGear and put it to his ear, the conversation seem short from where he was watching from. After a stopped, the brunette guy eventually arrived at the Pokemon Center and entered. Jade remained outside; he didn’t know if it would be a good idea to follow him in that building where they would be in close vicinity of each other. But on the other side just standing outside of the Pokemon Center and staring at the door would be odd...

With a deep breath he pushed the door opened and proceeded inside. The man was really close to him... he could feel it before but now in so much closer range he could better sense something powerful about him. Jade believed it was the way he stood so tall and confident that gave off such an air around. The dirty blonde ended up staring at him from behind, silently wishing he was strong like that guy.