• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HGSS Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Favorite themes:
-Bike theme. For me, G/S/C always had the best bike music and this remix version is even better.
-National Park theme. Very calming and beautiful.
-Ho-Oh's battle theme. I got chills at the start of it when you face Ho-Oh. Very wonderful.
-Cerulean City, Celadon City, Ecruteak and Olivine/Violet city's theme.
-Trainer Red battle theme. Simply the most epic fight music.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just noticed something. I mean, I noticed it before in Gen 2 but I guess I forgot about it until now. Both Ecruteak City and Cianwood City have the exact same music theme, only remixed in Gen 4. Both also have two Legendary Pokemon (which are counterparts of each other) just on the outskirts of town (Lugia in the Whirl Islands for Cianwood, Ho-oH in the Bell Tower in Ecruteak). I love the remix of Ecruteak's music more though :/

Does anyone know the name of the instrument they use in the beginning of the Ecruteak theme? The one that sounds Japanese (don't know how else to put it...)

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
Ecruteak theme is very good as well as Ho-Oh's theme. They really brought out the japanese Theme for them.

Route 47 and 48 were very good to me. I liked them as soon as I heard them.

Vermillion's theme was peaceful. I like that to.

I liked all of the rearranged music, but some of the tunes like Saffron's seem a little less vibrant, more "shy", if that makes any sense. I can't really describe it any other way...

The only two songs that I disliked were the GB versions of the Pewter/Viridian theme, and the Cerulean theme. I wish it sounded like it did back in the day, but somehow those tunes are a little bit different. I liked the Lavender Town theme, but it seemed a little too happy for the game... I guess it fits since there's only a small house there for the departed vs. the large Pokemon Tower that took up 1/8 of the town...

I like the soundtrack, however nothing will beat the original. This is only based on what I've currently heard, which is up to Blackthorn.

dbz20055

I really enjoy HGSS game for the sound i realized that those game the sound was more at certain points teckno hip hop, electronic sound instead of jaz like other games. and I also really like the pkm that follows you around.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
I have really enjoyed the battle theme against the trainers (not the leader) in the gyms in Kanto. Having listened to the originals and quite enjoying those, just hearing that fantastic remix is simply amazing.

Whiscash

Professional catfish
I loved the original GB music the most, but most of the new ones are quite pretty too. I especially like Goldenrod and the route music...not sure which one it is, the one west from Ecruteak City? Oh, and the Tohjo Falls music...and I haven't got to it yet but I remember loving the Vermilion City music on GSC so would like to see what they've done with that.

Although I used to LOVE the Game Corner/Lucky Number Show music and am not sure about what HG/SS has done to it at all. =/

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Not in love with the slower and stretched out Goldenrod music.

Volaro

I don't care what anyone says, the new Goldenrod theme is a lot better than the old.

Also, love the 8-bit mixes of the Battle Frontier and GTS.

Maru

Iron Maiden ~
I reaaally love Cianwood theme <3 Lugia and Ho-oh songs are also awesome. And Raikou's is awwwww, (L) Every song from this games is awesome. The only things I complain about are the songs of some legendaries. I mean, why the legendary birds don't have a song? And what about Mewtwo? I think they should have their own songs. I

ArceusandtheJewelofLife

Speedrun Champion
Yeah, Lance and Red share the BEST music ever.
I used to hate the Kanto gym music, but now I love it.

Toastybob

Is this real life?
I've just begun the game, and am extremely impressed with New Bark Town's music. Love that piano at the end...

In other news, I've listened to most of the soundtrack on YouTube at the time of Japanese release, and it was good, but not amazing. That said, I think hearing it within the actual game is definitely changing my mind.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I like Ice Cave's music the best. They did a good job in terms of remixing it.

MM13

Seestra
i dont know if you guys know about this but i realised that the music in the pokemart is the same as the one in hoenn

Mirae

Got to say that overall I am very satisfied with the HG/SS soundtrack.
My favourites;

-The Kimono Girls theme. Could not have done any better there, Gamefreak!
-The Johto gym leader theme. Awesomesauce, love the start of it, gets you pumped.
-The National Park theme, so peaceful.
-Lance/Red battle theme, still as awesome as the original imo.

Kyogre911

now getting tsutaja
I like almost everything. The only thing that I don't like is the new Vermillion remix. I always loved that song, but the remix kinda ruined it for me. Thank god for the gb player.