• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HGSS Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
This new soundtrack is so awesome. SO. AWESOME. There literally isn't a single track I didn't like. Not even Goldenrod, which always sounds like it's going to go into a rendition of Sweet Caroline (now you will never unhear it!) and I wish was faster.

The Johto battle theme makes me weep TEARS OF AWESOMENESS it is so awesome. I get goosebumps. And Lance's battle theme made getting my ***** kicked worth it. I can't really comment more since I only heard it thrice. xD;;

I love how EPIC everything sounds, too. It's like the people doing the music were really, really into it.

I didn't want the new songs spoiled for me, so I only just recently heard Lugia and Ho-Oh's new battle themes. My thoughts:

Lugia's sounds like a boss fight from Zelda. Not sure if that's a bad thing. Ho-Oh's sounds like a remix of the Frontier Brain battle theme. Still sounds good, though.

Zbynek

indeed Lance´s and Red´s battle theme (they are the same) is awesome. its basically a remix of the intro theme of FR / LG, but i like this one better. this crappy Lance finally gets what he deservers...

Derald Snyder

I remember hating when I had to battle a trainer (not a Gym Leader) in Kanto in the original G/S/C. That music grated on my ears, BADLY. This time around, it seemed like a mix of the FR/LG and G/S/C battle music, upgraded to DS quality. Not perfect, but still a HUGE improvement.
I did like the Kanto Gym Leader music in the originals, and they made it even better here.

Legendary Beast music caught me off guard. Didn't think each beast would have their own variation of it. I think my favorite is Raikou.

Last edited:

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
I am playing HeartGold.

I am in LOVE with the rival's new theme.

Silver's theme forever...<3

Marzillius

I love the Rival theme (just plain awesome), the Champion theme (I love that the intro is a part of the Pokémon Main Theme), the Team Rocket theme (I just like it) and Ho-Oh's Battle theme.

Budynko

Biggest Espeon Fan
I don't like remixes as much as from original GSC. My favorite by far is Ruins of Alph and caves! :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I remembered hearing a track back in G/S/C, but I couldn't remember where I heard it. Then just the other day, I heard it again on the radio on the HG/SS PokeGear. I looked around for the HG/SS version, and I finally found it. It was a track used for Clair when she appeared in the Dragon's Den in Crystal version. I had restarted HeartGold version so I rushed through the game and I got to the Dragon's Den part of the game. Sure enough, it played when she appeared. I was struck by such nostalgia; it was amazing. I love how we can listen to old songs on the PokeGear on Sundays in HG/SS. It's a great addition to the games.

likethesky

I like shiny things
I love the music in route 47 (The route with groundon/Kyorge/rayquaza)
I hatch eggs there just so I can listen to the music.