• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HGSS Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That's part of what I meant. Let me try and say it more clearly:
For the Kanto places that had their original corresponding themes corrected in HG/SS, when you turn on the GB Player and go to a place that had "incorrect" music in G/S/C, the music that plays is not what it was in G/S/C, and they didn't use the R/B/Y 8-bit theme either, instead they made a brand new 8-bit theme for Cerulean, Fuschia, etc...

I'd like to add that the GB Player cannot convert certain themes to 8-bit themes.

The music in these Battle facilities cannot be converted: Battle Hall, Battle Factory, Battle Arcade, Battle Castle.

MetaPheonixPal

The music in Hg/Ss is really good =P It brings back old memories
I really love how they added in the GB Player since now you can hear the originals. Great Job Gamefreak. Hopefully they shall keep the GB Player in the Hoenn Remakes.
I can't wait till this comes out in America so I can listen to these tunes in my own game :D

Lorde

I really love how they added in the GB Player since now you can hear the originals. Great Job Gamefreak. Hopefully they shall keep the GB Player in the Hoenn Remakes.

Well technically, those aren't the originals. The 8-bit versions lack some of the instruments used in the originals. Without those instruments, they cannot be called "originals".

Hoenn remakes? I didn't know that was confirmed.

MetaPheonixPal

Well technically, those aren't the originals. The 8-bit versions lack some of the instruments used in the originals. Without those instruments, they cannot be called "originals".

Hoenn remakes? I didn't know that was confirmed.
Seriously? o_O Well they are pretty close I guess.

Of course its not confirmed but with Kanto Remakes and now Johto Remakes then why not Hoenn Remakes next Gen, hmm?

Lorde

Seriously? o_O Well they are pretty close I guess.

Of course its not confirmed but with Kanto Remakes and now Johto Remakes then why not Hoenn Remakes next Gen, hmm?

They are close, like I said some instruments were removed from the 8-bit versions but they sound similar to the GSC themes.

I don't like to assume so.

MetaPheonixPal

They are close, like I said some instruments were removed from the 8-bit versions but they sound similar to the GSC themes.

I don't like to assume so.

Either way I shall enjoy them as a I listen to them once the games come out in America. =P

I am not making you assume it. Thats just what I think. You can choose to believe it or not or just ignore it and move on with your life.

Super Aipom

Aipom is on TV now!?
Has anyone found a way to listen to the GB Player opening theme in-game?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
No, it can't be done with the GB player. BUT you can hear it on the radio on Sundays, when they play random GSC music. I heard the GS main menu/title music theme that way. =D

Heart

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
The music is amazing! My favourite is Ecruteak City's theme along with Hibiki & Kotone's theme. The GB player is great for nostalgia purposes but I probably won't use it very often.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
The new music in HGSS is some of the best in the series in my opinion and the GB Player is a good item for nostalgia. I'll be switching in between regular music and the GB music often just because of how great of an addition it is. The only piece of music I don't like that much is Goldenrod City's theme for some reason. Maybe because it seems like a shopping theme or something, but I prefer the original music for Goldenrod City.

The Cinnabar Island music is so... sad. I like how it fits the island after the events of the volcano eruption.

No, it can't be done with the GB player. BUT you can hear it on the radio on Sundays, when they play random GSC music. I heard the GS main menu/title music theme that way. =D

But are they the true GSC themes, or the GB Player versions?

ShinySandshrew

†God Follower†
You know I didn't think this was legal. Shouldn't you be getting permission from Nintendo or something? In the credits it clearly states that the music is copy-written also. Free music downloads, unless sponsored by an organization, are considered piracy. Am I missing something?

Jace

You know I didn't think this was legal. Shouldn't you be getting permission from Nintendo or something? In the credits it clearly states that the music is copy-written also. Free music downloads, unless sponsored by an organization, are considered piracy. Am I missing something?

Rarely is there any fret to linking downloads, just hosting them. So sites like Megaupload would get the most heat if anything went down. A few years back, when Diamond and Pearl were leaked, I actually hosted the songs on a Boxstr site, which is alot more low-key and personal than sites like Rapishare, and it only took three days for it to receive an injunction for my account to be deleted an all files removed.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

This was "ripped" directly from the game, which I legally own and bought. The official soundtrack is not out yet either. The download I provided links to the music I "ripped" and is not the pirated version of the OST.

Besides, if you happen to read the first post, I stated that I will delete the download links as soon as the Official HGSS OST is out, which is tomorrow, Oct. 28th. Also, I am encouraging everyone to purchase the OST.

Moreover, I have no plans of pirating and uploading the Official OST once I buy it and I will never do so.

Lorde

I don't think it is illegal if you ripped it from your own game.

It's not like we've made our own CD using the music. We aren't making a profit. The official CD isn't out yet.

T to the M

Killerbanana :O
I love how they remixed the themes. Espacially the Champion's theme and the Kanto Gym Leaders theme are awesome :)

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Just a note to everybody, the Official Soundtrack for HGSS is out today.
Download links are deleted. Thanks for those who supported it.