• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HGSS Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Bank$

I've said this before in this thread somewhere but I'll say it again.

The Johto gym battles/E4 & Kanto gym battles are awesome. I made 10 minute songs out of them lol.

tsol

Been listening to the OST on my iTunes for a while now. Typing in "route" in the search bar and playing through all the pokemon route songs is great for work. But yea. I adore the Kanto remixes and all the wild/event/trainer/leader battle themes sound pretty ace.

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
This is probably the first handheld game I've ever actually kept the music on for. I think just about anywhere you go the music is so fun and amazing :D From being on a route to getting in a battle, the music's the best by far that I've ever heard from any pokemon game. I especially like Violet City's music (though that's about as far as I've gotten into the game so far)

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm currently in Azalea. My favourite music so far is the trainer battle music.

Cobalt_Latios

Dark Cave sounds even better in game. I dunno, there's just something about it that's so awesome. And the battle themes are just plain fun.

Damn, it's one thing to listen to it on your ipod, but to hear it in context... wow.

C_L

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Dark Cave sounds even better in game. I dunno, there's just something about it that's so awesome. And the battle themes are just plain fun.

Damn, it's one thing to listen to it on your ipod, but to hear it in context... wow.

C_L

I know, right? After getting the soundtrack, I thought that the Johto Trainer Battle song was...meh.

After listening to it in-game, however...*bounces around*

Cobalt_Latios

I know, right? After getting the soundtrack, I thought that the Johto Trainer Battle song was...meh.

After listening to it in-game, however...*bounces around*
And then the gym leader.

EPIC!!!

I gotta say, for those that missed GS when it first came out, damn, this makes up for it.

Can't wait till I hear the Champion Theme.

C_L

Leyniar

I agree, the rival's scene is awesome!

I think the music in this game is better than in previous games. I love it =]

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Some of the songs were put together in a more lackluster way than others, but overall the majority of the songs fit the game's atmosphere.

Define "lackluster". I'm sure they spent the same amount of time working on all the music tracks and I'm sure they put in a lot of effort on the project. I think the music sounds good, as for atmosphere, most of the music was remixed from the original GSC games so it should go along well with the game haha.

Cassiel

Goddess of Mischief
All I can say: Ecruteak City's theme <3

I like the Cianwood City's theme too. It's so relaxing and smooth.

MegaTravis

Pokemon Trainer
I really like the music in HGSS. It sounds awesome and it very enjoyable to listen too.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
My new favourite is the title screen theme. I've always liked the Pokemon theme song.

Naraku

Speed Trainer
i like goldenrods theme. it sounded kind of depressing in the older versions but they really spruced it up along with alot of others.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I like them, of the ones I've heard. I've only heard up to Goldenrod, so I can't comment on them all. I think Goldenrod's got a bit slower, and added more "drum beats".