• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HGSS Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Been listening to the OST on my iTunes for a while now. Typing in "route" in the search bar and playing through all the pokemon route songs is great for work. But yea. I adore the Kanto remixes and all the wild/event/trainer/leader battle themes sound pretty ace.

no way. they have 'em on iTunes? yes!
oh man, sooo downloading.

Blackthorn city, ah, nostalgia...

ForteAnly

I've been loving the entire remixed soundtrack. I can't wait until I get the GB player though.

Cobalt_Latios

Just got to Kanto.

*sniff*

Best soundtrack yet. Cannot wait to challenge a Gym Leader.

On that note, Lance's theme is just as awesome as before. Wondering if it changes to 8-bit with the GBplayer...

C_L

ForteAnly

Just got to Kanto.

*sniff*

Best soundtrack yet. Cannot wait to challenge a Gym Leader.

On that note, Lance's theme is just as awesome as before. Wondering if it changes to 8-bit with the GBplayer...

C_L

Oh man I can't wait until I get to Kanto so I could listen to the new soundtrack.

Cobalt_Latios

Oh man I can't wait until I get to Kanto so I could listen to the new soundtrack.
The Pokemon trainer theme... the effin' Pokemon Trainer THEME!!! It sounds amazing.

Still can't wait to hear the Kanto Gym Leader Theme. I've already heard it, but I can't wait to hear it in game!

C_L

SaulGCube

Aeroga
I love the remixed soundtrack, this is one of the only Pokemon games that I actually put on headphones for.
My favorites themes are the Johto Gym Leader music(so freaking awesome), the Kanto trainer battles(i agree 100% Cobalt lol), and most of the routes. =D

Wolgon

Crazy Crocodile Lady
I love the music in this game so much. It's like the soundtrack to my childhood was thrown into the 21st century to become even more awesome, yet it still kept its nostalgic win. I think I actually shed a tear or two the first time I hopped on my bike. How many hours did I spend listening to that tune back in the day? <3

Is there anywhere that I can download (Or buy!) the OST? I suppose the site linked on the first page might have it, but I can't read Japanese.

Last edited:
HGSS has the best soundtrack of any Pokemon game so far, hands down. It takes the original tracks (which were already good), and remixes them into pure awesomeness. The best have to be the Gym Leaders (both Johto and Kanto), Trainers (Johto and Kanto again), Wild Pokemon theme (both), Rival battle theme (amazing), Lance's/Red's battle and Team Rocket's battle themes. It's only because of the music that I'm battling everything that comes my way.

But I agree with Narutopokedude. You should have gotten the GB Player a lot earlier.

ForteAnly

The music in this game is just simply amazing. Arrived in Kanto and the music is absolutely amazing. I really love the music in this game.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
OMG, Lake of Rage, damn, it brought me to tears.

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
I love both the remix of the original music from gold and silver as well as the return of the original music when using the gb player. Nintendo did good this time, really really good!

Jasper Kazai

Ice Cold Milk
I surprised myself that I remembered all of the game's music from the originals. I played the originals so much, but it's not like the music particularly stuck in my head (not that I don't like it). But when I got my SS, once I enter a new city and the music starts, it just jumps right back into my mind. They did a great job with the remixes, I love them all so far.

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
3 cheers for Nintendo and Game Freak for the music, everyone!

Not really that far into the game, but I would have to say that the Rival battle theme is so wicked. I look forward to fighting him because of the music. Gym leaders are kinda of meh. Entei's theme is pretty cool too.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
okay, question...how the hell do you find them on iTunes?! my stupid computer won't let me listen (T_T)

besides that, love Route 38, gonna spend a LONG time there. :)

Arnold

<<< Epic Avatar
Just got this, and this time I'm posting in the right thread huzzah

But..Azalea Town Intro song sounds so much like Wham's Last Christmas Intro listen to them both and you'll see.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
I am a little upset that there no " time variant" of the music but since it had double music it would make since.