• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon History - Should it be explored?

JamesRaynor

Didnt' they just use low-tech versions? In 4ever it explores oak's past a little bit I thought he used an 'old fashion' pokeball.

I like the idea of a game based upon the prehistory of Pokémon. That would introduce a lot more fossil-pokémon. I mean just imagine meeting a wild Bastiodon in the victory road! It wouldn't have any gyms or elite four, but you could meet other trainers that had traveled back in time just like you'd have done. Maybe the region professor had sent you on a mission back in time to get DNA from some extinct Pokémon that there hadn't been found any fossils of? Maybe if the whole plot has been shown in the first two games of some future generation then this could be the third game.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Shieldon could be a starter!!! AWESOMENESS!

Nyter

Island Challenger
YES... I love it when things are descriptively based... They should have an instructional youtube video that explains "Pokemon" for Nu-Bs.. You kno, a "Pokemon for Dummies" Guide video.

People are to scared to enter the world od Pokemon because they think its too much for their little brains to handle...

Firebrand

Indomitable
Or have like an oracle of ages, pokemon style. You go to certain places, or do a certain thing and you go back a couple hundred years!

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
That would be very interesting. As a kid, I loved dinosaurs. I'd love to see a game in the future where you could travel into the past and capture dinosaur pokemon.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
when exactly was the PokéBall invented? When did Pokémon battling/training become legal? What were those old trainers like? Was the world like it was for us 100+ years ago? Were their Victorian-Pokémon battles?

There actually was some kind of explanation for the pokeball thing....
Remember Sir Aaron's staff in the movie of Lucario and the mystery of Mew? That was a primitive object used to enclose pokemon. Later, another similar device was developed using round berries known as Apricorns. Modern pokeballs are made with the same concept but using advanced materials, but old-fashioned Apricorn balls are still used nowadays.

And yes, it would be interesting to explore its history...

Zibdas

not bad
There actually was some kind of explanation for the pokeball thing....
Remember Sir Aaron's staff in the movie of Lucario and the mystery of Mew? That was a primitive object used to enclose pokemon. Later, another similar device was developed using round berries known as Apricorns. Modern pokeballs are made with the same concept but using advanced materials, but old-fashioned Apricorn balls are still used nowadays.

And yes, it would be interesting to explore its history...

Don't forget ol' Sammy's Pokeball.

Also, it'd be great to see a dodo bird WITHOUT A CRAPPY ABILITY.

Orion

Psychic Master
Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken, but I recall the episode #74 which was about the Pokémopolis and this ancient artifacts:

[IMG200]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/074/I216.jpg[/IMG200]

which were some kind of ancient pokeballs. They seem to be more ancient than Sir Aaron's rod.

Firebrand

Indomitable
^ they held an abra, kadabra and alakazam, right? I think i remember that.

Zibdas

not bad
Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken, but I recall the episode #74 which was about the Pokémopolis and this ancient artifacts:

[IMG200]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/074/I216.jpg[/IMG200]

which were some kind of ancient pokeballs. They seem to be more ancient than Sir Aaron's rod.

Oh man, Iloved that episode. Creeped the crap out of me, though.

The Odd Keystone/Hollowed Tower anyone?

Aegon

A game set in the past would be lovely. The simplicity of the areas would be great, and conflicts around the time of the Poké Ball would be a nice storyline. There would be a lot of possibilities if Pokémon reached into the past.

Jaggy101

I'm Jaggy and proud
I think that would a cool idea for a next game, would be good for the wii with some Wi-Fi enabled stuff if the idea of the sides of war to join with others to do things.

Geekachu

I certainly wouldn't mind something that explored the history of Pokemon. What would be even more interesting would be whether there would actually be Gyms and an Elite Four. I mean, imagine Unova in the past. It's so industrialized that imagining areas as such as Skyarrow Bridge, Castelia City, Nimbasa, Marvellous Bridge, would be no less than awesome.

TehLulzMastur

I really want Grey to be about the brothers, the ones who befriended what I like to think is Kyurem. Have you pick one of them to be and travel around the Unova region, doing exactly what you did in Black and White, but in historic Unova. Then, you would fight the opposite brother at the end, causing Kyurem to split, and it mirror the fight between the future trainer and N.

Psycho Cut

This would be cool!

I got thinking, perhaps we could tie it in with shadow pokemon, this'd make it easier to make into a spin-off game.

For example, you play the role of a modern day, strong, respected trainer. One day you are visited by celebii who tells you telepathically (or by some other means) that an evil group of trainers have found their way back in time, by capturing and enslaving dialga, and plan to create a whole world of shadow pokemon that they control. They choose to do this 200 years in the past, when the number of pokemon trainers were far fewer, and many of the mysteries about them were unsolved. So, Celebii calls you back in time to stop the whole world falling into darkness....

And it would include a shadow dialga at some point :D

Tyrant Tar

It'd be interesting if one Version of a Generation took place in the future and the other in the past. They'd be the same game for the most part -most differences being merely aesthetic (think Gen 5's Opelucid City/Gym Leader)- though it would give a nice rich history to whatever region it takes place in.
Perhaps the third game could take place in the "present", giving even more history to the region/Pokemon in general.

I doubt it'll ever happen (the differences between Black & White is probably as far as they'd stretch the duality themes), but it's fun to dream...