• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Home

NeoDude-5000

Wait what? Only Galar region Pokedex Pokemon are transferable? So that means I cannot bring my OG Sceptile from Sapphire? I can't bring in Nebby? I can't use starters that are from Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh (unless DP remakes), Unova, Kalos, and Alola? And I cannot complete the National Dex?

Is this a joke? I made so many memories with the Pokemon I caught in every past game since Ruby and Sapphire, and they're making us throw them away? And I thought the Xbox One announcement was a disaster.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Wait what? Only Galar region Pokedex Pokemon are transferable? So that means I cannot bring my OG Sceptile from Sapphire? I can't bring in Nebby? I can't use starters that are from Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh (unless DP remakes), Unova, Kalos, and Alola? And I cannot complete the National Dex?

Is this a joke? I made so many memories with the Pokemon I caught in every past game since Ruby and Sapphire, and they're making us throw them away? And I thought the Xbox One announcement was a disaster.
You can complete the national dex in Home, just not in S&S, apparently.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Man, the fans really aren't ignoring this, they want Nintendo or GameFreak to hear them. Look at the dislike bar for the recent Sword & Shield gameplay video on the Nintendo channel featuring Treehouse gameplay. Although I suppose it is kind of just the start. I really hope GameFreak listens though and opens Sword & Shield to all Pokemon.

Creyk

Man, the fans really aren't ignoring this, they want Nintendo or GameFreak to hear them. Look at the dislike bar for the recent Sword & Shield gameplay video on the Nintendo channel featuring Treehouse gameplay. Although I suppose it is kind of just the start. I really hope GameFreak listens though and opens Sword & Shield to all Pokemon.
They have a history of not listening.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
They have a history of not listening.
True but for the most part I think it's understandable due to their "Just trust us" attitude often turning out right in the end. However for this special case, this should not happen and I hope GameFreak realizes that the "Just Trust Us" attitude doesn't always work.

I'm really disappointed that you can't bring over pokemon that aren't on the dex but I think we will get a really big pokedex. I just hope the only excluded pokemon are the alolan mons and ub's. That wouldn't matter to me as I don't care about them. But I doubt those are the only ones.

shadowF

Have a feeling all the Kanto Pokemon will be available in SWSH to promote connectivity between Pokemon Let's Go and SWSH.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Have a feeling all the Kanto Pokemon will be available in SWSH to promote connectivity between Pokemon Let's Go and SWSH.
Well there shoots me getting them as my phone sucks at transferring from Go to Let's Go lol. I'll have to rely on the GTS and random trades for that.

Nockturne

This is such a weird decision to make considering the lack of connectivity between gen 2 and 3 was like Masudas biggest regret. And I really hope its not a case of they literally can't fit all the Pokemon on one game anymore, going forward that would take a bit of shine off the franchise for me tbh.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Galar Dex Pokemon only being allowed to be transferred forward is incredibly dumb (at least the Roserade line is in the Dex). Here's hoping for free patches down the line to allow the other Pokemon to be transferred over....rather than waiting for a new game to be released.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Dumbest decision ever. I was still very much on the fence on whether or not to get Sword or Shield, with how expensive everything was starting to look. The Switch is expensive, the games are expensive, there is an additional fee for going online that never existed on the 3DS, Home might also cost an additional fee. And I might have needed multiple of those subscriptions to use multiple save files. But not being able to transfer pokémon that aren't in Galar is abysmal. I like battling, I like having a large amount of options, and coming up with combinations that may or may not work out. But with hundreds of pokémon out, that means probably most of my current teams and combinations are already completely out. I like my Minun + Suicune combination to get Volt Absorbing Suicune on the field. I like using Baton Pass + Weakness Policy Umbreon, I like using Eject Button Amoonguss with Rage Powder next to Skill Swap Spinda to set up Contrary Regigigas with Superpower (even though it's not that reliable). Even though the combination was terrible in practice (too Intimidate-weak and Regigigas lacks spread STAB damage), I liked using Simple Beam Xatu next to Swagger + Persim Berry Regigigas to turn Regigigas to +4 Attack without Slow Start in a single turn. I liked using U-Turn Incineroar next to Araquanid to set up an Entrainment on a Kyogre switching in for Incineroar, because Water Bubble Kyogre is just fun and insane to use, or even use Baton Pass + Weakness Policy Umbreon instead of that Incineroar for that combo, because Kyogre at +2 with Water Bubble can OHKO even the likes of Tapu Fini and Amoonguss with Water Spout.

But with them limiting the number of pokémon so much, the potential of combining those pokémon for fun strategies is severely constrained and crippled. People say you can still get them in Home and collect a dex, but there's no point there for me. I want to get pokémon to use them, to play the game with them. To battle with them, to enter contests with them, to just have fun with them. I don't want to get pokémon just so they can collect dust on some cloud server somewhere. Needless to say, unless they're completely rolling this decision back, I won't be buying Sword or Shield at all.

Pokemon Power

I'm still getting Sword, I'm still gonna enjoy it, I still think these will be great games. But I have a feeling this decision will receive tons and tons of backlash from the fanbase! I can just imagine a ton of rabid fans storming into GameFreak headquarters and shouting stuff like, "I want this Pokemon in the Galar Dex!!", "I want to send all my Pokemon to these games!", and "I wanna catch 'em all!". I wonder if they're prepared to deal with that.

keithpetrosky

Wait, so we can’t transfer all Pokémon? Or is this temporary as they continue to upgrade homes features? I also read no z moves, wtf was the point of making that just to “erase” them!?

If these bad features continue my Pokémon days are over, I thought this game was more for veteran players? It sounds like a remake of Pokémon not a continuation.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don't really care about transferring older Pokemon, in fact I wouldn't mind trying to use a different team than I'm used to like with BW. As long as the story and characters are good then I don't mind it.

Zero1999

Judging by how things are turning, i'll probably skip these games, Gotta not catch'em all.