• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Home

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Yep. They mentioned that Dynamaxing replaces them.
Dunno, the wording was kinda odd.

To me it sounded like they were trying to convey the fact that Dynamaxing is this game's equivalent of Z-Moves and Mega Evolution.

However, if they indeed just straight up ditched Mega Evolution and Z-Moves, they are making the stupidest decisions ever with this game. Dynamaxing is not an interesting feature in comparison to Z-Moves and Megas and is honestly more of a rip-off combo of the two. Plus the whole dex transfer thing...

They showed off so much good in the trailer last week, then just completely bombed it with the announcements today. IDK, if nothing changes and this is the road we're going down, SwSh may be my least favorite games of the series.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Dunno, the wording was kinda odd.

To me it sounded like they were trying to convey the fact that Dynamaxing is this game's equivalent of Z-Moves and Mega Evolution.

However, if they indeed just straight up ditched Mega Evolution and Z-Moves, they are making the stupidest decisions ever with this game. Dynamaxing is not an interesting feature in comparison to Z-Moves and Megas and is honestly more of a rip-off combo of the two. Plus the whole dex transfer thing...

They showed off so much good in the trailer last week, then just completely bombed it with the announcements today. IDK, if nothing changes and this is the road we're going down, SwSh may be my least favorite games of the series.
Yea I saw the re translation as well. So we'll see there. It could be that as well.

Agreed on that.

Eh, I'm not feeling that way myself. But I can see how you guys feel that way. I felt similarly with Mario Maker 2. I was really interested in getting it, and now I'm waiting on doing so.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They'd better at least be including 100 new Pokemon to make up for this...

That is the only way to make this right

Espeon4232

Long Time Fan
Honestly adding more new pokemon wouldn't make me feel any better about limited transferring. I really don't get the point of Home now. Why would anyone want to put pokemon in there that they won't be able to remove at all? Also, I thought that trading with home would be a convenience not the only way for some. Not that there is much reason to trade in Home if you can't use what you traded for anyway. This announcement cut my enthusiasm for these games in at least half...

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Wait, so we can’t transfer all Pokémon? Or is this temporary as they continue to upgrade homes features? I also read no z moves, wtf was the point of making that just to “erase” them!?

If these bad features continue my Pokémon days are over, I thought this game was more for veteran players? It sounds like a remake of Pokémon not a continuation.
All we can hope that a patch is released to allow transfer of non-Galar Dex Pokemon to Sword/Shield. But given Game Freak never patched the main series games beyond bug fixes I am not getting my hopes up.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I don't mean to rant, but with Gen 7, at least all Pokemon can still be obtained despite not having the National Dex. I really hope that the negative fanbase reaction about this would reach them and provide a solution.

Or provide a way to obtain all Pokemon in-game.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I don't mean to rant, but with Gen 7, at least all Pokemon can still be obtained despite not having the National Dex. I really hope they provider a patch, and that the negative fanbase reaction about this would reach them.
I hope so too, but I don't count on it. Like with Mario Maker 2, even though they fixed online... nothing on the amiibo situation. So for both Pokémon and otherwise, I'm not holding my breath. And I don't expect it.

DannyDark

I don't usually transfer many, if any, Pokemon.
However I, like many others I'm sure, have even just a select few that we'd like to take into SwSh.. and if even one of them isn't allowed in, that leaves such a sour taste, man.

And with not knowing the Regional Dex, that one that might not be allowed to transfer could be any of our favourite's.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I don't usually transfer many, if any, Pokemon.
However I, like many others I'm sure, have even just a select few that we'd like to take into SwSh.. and if even one of them isn't allowed in, that leaves such a sour taste, man.

And with not knowing the Regional Dex, that one that might not be allowed to transfer could be any of our favourite's.
What the hack then? ...........i was planning on getting home for that said reason ......now i can't !?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I can understand that they want quality over quantity, though with all this negative backlash, I think they may have to think of a way to implement the missing Pokemon post-release. Free DLC, perhaps?
That's pretty much what I'm thinking as well. I'm all for quality at this point, and if they could release the rest as free DLC down the road, all the better.

Sabre_King

Honestly it’s disappointing that you can’t bring over every Pokémon I feel like it has to be just for these games and hopefully future games will allow you to bring over more Pokémon but I hope the list isn’t too limiting; I really hope that at least the previous starter Pokémon can be transferred somehow at the very least there can be hope there since we can see a Charizard with the champion

Barrysun

after hearing Nintendo is going to do a future update on Super Mario maker that they will allow players to play with their friends, it makes me wonder if Gamefreak will do the same with Pokémon. (an update that lets you to transfer all of your Pokémon including non-Galar regional Pokémon, I''m guessing they still needed work to be compatible with sword and shield.

Poke Trainer J

In regards to the recent announcement at E3 2019 that only Galar region Pokémon are transferable to Sword & Shield, let me just point out that Nintendo / Game Freak did this in order to help balance the competitive VGC meta due to the power creep from Mega Evolutions and Ultra Beasts in Gen 6 and Gen 7 which they realized was a mistake to begin with. That and everyone was using the exact same Pokémon on their teams to the point where matches became too predictable so they figured If they restricted teams toward Pokémon only available in the Galar PokéDex it would add more creativity by shaking up the meta.

I mean you can't really blame them for it since they had incredible difficulty coming up with a solution to close the power gap between Pokémon whose base stats weren't able to compete with Mega Evolutions and Ultra Beasts to begin with when Dynamax itself was never really intended to solve the issue in the first place. Most people are only going into this from a casual players perspective when Nintendo / Game Freak already covered that in Let's Go Pikachu! / Let's Go Eevee! as Sword & Shield was to some extent designed with VGC in mind going forward.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
In regards to the recent announcement at E3 2019 that only Galar region Pokémon are transferable to Sword & Shield, let me just point out that Nintendo / Game Freak did this in order to help balance the competitive VGC meta due to the power creep from Mega Evolutions and Ultra Beasts in Gen 6 and Gen 7 which they realized was a mistake to begin with. That and everyone was using the exact same Pokémon on their teams to the point where matches became too predictable so they figured If they restricted teams toward Pokémon only available in the Galar PokéDex it would add more creativity by shaking up the meta.

I mean you can't really blame them for it since they had incredible difficulty coming up with a solution to close the power gap between Pokémon whose base stats weren't able to compete with Mega Evolutions and Ultra Beasts to begin with when Dynamax itself was never really intended to solve the issue in the first place. Most people are only going into this from a casual players perspective when Nintendo / Game Freak already covered that in Let's Go Pikachu! / Let's Go Eevee! as Sword & Shield was to some extent designed with VGC in mind going forward.

VGC is such a miniscule percentage that this reason is absolutely bs. To balance the power creep, deny the opportunity for all other causal players to be able to transfer their Pokémon from previous games? Especially since they promoted Pokémon Home as the upgrade to Bank, and now it's pointless since your Pokémon can't even be transferred. If they wanted to level the playing field for VGC, maybe they should add more restrictions or something within the actual VGC. Why should others pay the price for a VGC shake up?