• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Home

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
One thing that did caught my attention is that Pokemon that are locked away from Sword & Shield will still be utilized in Home somehow and I'm not talking about future games. I wonder what that means though I have a hunch it's realistically just some extra items, BP or some Pokemon Home-style Pokedex.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
If Pokemon Home is compatiable with non-Gamefreak Pokemon Switch games then that will be impressive and worth the price of admission in my book!

Eternalfalcon

Unova champion
I think it will achieve what it's trying to do but at the moment there's not enough information about it for me to get excited I do like the idea of being able to do everything from one app across all devices though

Acer11

Then it would be possible to get a Sirfetch'd in a different Pokeball such as a Safari Ball in Sword and Shield.

BCVM22

But Masters (to my knowledge, I don’t play) doesn’t give you Pokémon to transfer, and we already know Home is GO-compatible. And neither one of those games is a Switch title.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
But they inevitably will exist. If Pokemon Home is a service then you may as well maximise compability through future Non-Gamefreak Switch Pokemon games.
Though so far Pokemon Go is currently the only spin-off title in which you can transfer Pokémon to Pokémon Home. Whether we get other spin-off titles that have Pokémon you can transfer over is still up in the air particularly with console spin-offs seemingly having gone the way of the dodo.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Though so far Pokemon Go is currently the only spin-off title in which you can transfer Pokémon to Pokémon Home. Whether we get other spin-off titles that have Pokémon you can transfer over is still up in the air particularly with console spin-offs seemingly having gone the way of the dodo.
Only spin off I can see possibly getting a game on the Switch is Mystery Dungeon but only if they fix the major flaws from the last two games. Particularly the ridiculousness of how difficult the first boss battle was in Gates and how easy it was to accidentally get off of the carpet while holding an item in a Dungeon at the Keckleon mart. I kept being KO because I accidentally went left too far and was immediately called a thief when it was unintentional. There needs to be an option where you can say it was an accident before you get attacked.

JohnLynch

Well there are still a lot we don’t know about Pokémon Home. Who said Pokémon won’t be able to hold items in Home? I just hope that Pokémon in Home actually have a purpose instead of just sitting there for no reason.
Pretty much guaranteed we know the main stuff about Home. They haven't said much more because in all likelihood there isn't much more to say.

But what if Game Freak fixed
all of that by allowing item transfer from Go, LGPE and SwSh? What if there were mini games to allow levelling up, EV training and more? I suspect Home will be more than Bank 2.0
I suspect your in for a world of disappointment.

If Pokemon Home is compatiable with non-Gamefreak Pokemon Switch games then that will be impressive and worth the price of admission in my book!
That would be impressive. Which is exactly how you know it wont happen.

So I'm a bit out of the loop, but catching up we seemingly don't even know what home is yet. My guess is it's something like Pokemon Ranch maybe mixed with Pelago. A place where you can interact with your pokemon. Maybe they won'y be registered in the national dex, but you can at least do some things with them. Since they are putting such importance on playing a role with Home, that's my guess.

Maybe it's mostly for storage with other things added in. I can't say for certain, but if Home actually turns out to something nice maybe people would be more inclined to accept it.
Its Game Freak. It's going to be nothing more than a low effort port of Pokemon Bank with some basic trading to make up for the fact that trading is going to be missing some features in the main game.

BCVM22

But they inevitably will exist. If Pokemon Home is a service then you may as well maximise compability through future Non-Gamefreak Switch Pokemon games.

But those non-existent games themselves would have to have something to send to Home, which they usually don’t.

There’s just nothing about these games that don’t exist yet that makes them inherently relevant in a Home thread, is the point.

Eternalfalcon

Unova champion
I can possibly see that happening but it depends for what games rumble rush, shuffle and masters I don't think will ever happen but games like go I think will, and whilst it's a completely different game to the mainline series I think it's just enough alike the mainline games to allow compatibility with home.

Last edited:

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
Its Game Freak. It's going to be nothing more than a low effort port of Pokemon Bank with some basic trading to make up for the fact that trading is going to be missing some features in the main game.

Well excuse me for wanting to be enthusiastic. Lol Say what you want about GF, but they do care. It's not necessarily their fault they have to push the game out for Christmas. If anything it's TPC to blame here (but that's another topic)

I haven't seen home so it's too early to claim it's "low effort" when we've literally seen nothing. That's just being disengenous. If you aren't satisfied with the games I can't change you mind, but please don't make claims without some sort of substantial evidence.

JohnLynch

Feel free to prepend "I believe it is likely" to my statements if that would make you feel better. Bet you $1 I'm right though.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm desperately waiting for a Pokémon Direct, hopefully announced last week of September for a first-week October reveal, to learn more about Home's services and annual fee.
So am I, the more info about it, the better.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
My predictions for Home:

1) We won't hear anything new about home until after Sword and Shield's release, possibly not even during 2019.
2) Bank and GO are the only non-mainline games that will have any connectivity to Home. No Masters, no Quest, no Mystery Dungeon, etc. will ever be able to transfer pokemon to Sword & Shield. If Game Freak isn't involved in the development of the game, there is almost 0 chance they will go to the trouble of programming Home with compatibility to said game. We haven't seen compatibility with a non-Game Freak game since Battle Revolution, and games like that didn't require any work on Game Freak's part.
3) While it would be great for Home to have a lot of functions Bank does not have, like mini games, Poke Pelago functions, or even Pokemon Amie/Refresh functions, Home will probably just be Bank with online trading.