• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Human Character Appreciation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
No clue if this was already made, if so, I apologize. This is a place for you all to discuss your favorite (human) characters in the Pokémon universe, what you like about them, how they relate to you, etc. I could also make a least favorite characters thread if you all feel like it. I’ll start:

As of late, Allister is definitely one of my favorite characters. He’s freaking adorable, and I can relate to the fact that he has crippling anxiety, although I’m not anxious about being around people. He also stutters, which is adorable in and of itself. I love him.

Ultra Beast Lover

I'm a bit of a sucker for kids, especially those who don't really have anyone so naturally I like Emma. I thought her story was cool and it was really sad when Looker had to leave.

I like Looker and Cynthia not just because they're strong and cool, though that helps, but because they have a warmth about them. Most of the grownups just send you off with words of encouragement but Cynthia and Looker are happy to see you, offer advice, and support you in their own ways. That's probably why I like the gym leaders of BW so much. They let you be on your way but stay updated on the situation, they don't make you take the responsibility of fighting N because they don't want to do it but rather because they know N respects you and will likely listen to you, and when the sages all try fighting you at once they step in and fight for you.

I like Lillie and Gladion, Lillie for having an awesome arc with a legendary that I wish we could have and that downright adorable scene in the original with the rain and the cave. And Gladion because not only does he say, "Sorry you got roped into this mess." But he also shows a really sweet protectiveness of his sister.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Cyrus, Lillie, Lawrence...just scant few of the human characters I like. I mean heck I'm going a massive fanfic on that last one and he had like 20 minutes of screen time.

I wish the villains got more respect from the fan base.

Ultra Beast Lover

Cyrus has the potential to be very interesting should DP remakes come out next year. The RR arc hinted that Cyrus may have been the person who lived in the mansion in Eterna Forest or at least he had a connection to Rotom. Maybe they'll develop that a little more

Nyter

Island Challenger
Cyrus has the potential to be very interesting should DP remakes come out next year. The RR arc hinted that Cyrus may have been the person who lived in the mansion in Eterna Forest or at least he had a connection to Rotom. Maybe they'll develop that a little more

Weren't Cyrus and Flint cool with each other at one point and then there was some sort of fallout between them?

And wasn't Jasmine also somehow involved with them?

Ultra Beast Lover

Weren't Cyrus and Flint cool with each other at one point and then there was some sort of fallout between them?

And wasn't Jasmine also somehow involved with them?
You might be thinking of the manga. Flint, to my knowledge, never mentions Cyrus in the anime or games.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
It's easy to assume that Cyrus knew both Flint and Volkner at some point considering they're all around the same age from the same hometown.

I'm all for Cyrus and Rotom being friends NOW but the original game hinted that CHARON was the Rotom Kid and that he turned bitter and selfish after Rotom ditched him. It was basically said that Cyrus HAD no friends and kept to himself all the time. It would feel like an asspull if they suddenly gave Cyrus that backstory. Heck, Sugimori's own art suggests it was Charon.

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah, that's the only thing that's really confusing right now. Charon was clearly the guy with the Rotom yet it sounds like Cyrus was the guy?

raichu27

I like characters like Ash, Brock(especially in the older series), Dawn, Lt. Surge, Lillie, Gary, Giovanni, Tyson(Hoenn), etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.