• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon! I Am Glad I Got To Meet You (1224)

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I just noticed that the paldean starters appeared by the order of the Paldean Pokedex: Sprigatito, Fuecoco and Quaxly.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Told y'all that it's stupid how Ash is not logically recognized and hounded by people after his huge win.

Maybe the fact the PWC only had 10k trainers made it a really small league.
Lol, if a league with 10K trainers is considered a "small" league, then what would a regular regional League like the Sinnoh League be considered?

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Literally his battle frontier celebration was exactly the same. even less so because there was far less actual celebration and more set up for the next region with the battle with Gary and Ash leaving right away, please watch the episode
I've watched the episode hundreds of times and I remember seeing Oak, Delia, Mimey AND TRACEY (the last time he ever opened his mouth btw), having a surprise for Ash. Yeah, it was scrapped because of Gary. They were busy having a natural transition to the next series, something they don't do anymore.

Risrhayne

Can someone explain to me why Goh's reaction is considered to be hypocritical? I am mighty confused by some of these comments people have.
I’ma die on this hill for this one lol you can say I read the subs wrong all you want to

Goh was never conflicted about whether he should go on his own or not, he was conflicted about telling Ash that he made the decision to go on his own. That’s the biggest issue; GOH ALREADY MADE HIS DECISION. We wouldn’t be having this discussion if Goh was all like “I don’t know what to do now that PM over”. THEN his response to Ash suddenly saying he’s leaving would have made sense. His fears of abandonment would have been understandable because that’s not the first time a close friend of his suddenly disappeared.

But because Goh already decided that he was going, even going as far as stating exactly why Ash SHOULDN’T tag along and that Ash would push him to go for it, there really was no need for that kind of tension. He lost the “you betrayed me” card the second he decided on leaving. It’s like he had a whole scenario in his head;

“Ash, I’m leaving you to go on journey.”
“Noooo~but we’re supposed to be fwends!”
“I HAVE to go! I’ll never be a good trainer for Mew if I’m always relying on you!”
“Promise we’ll be fwends forever!”

What actually happened;

“Hey Ash, I…um…never mind, th-the stars are pretty tonight right?”
“Goh, I’m going on another journey.”
“WHaT??!! I thought we were friends!!”

If we can gain anything from this disagreement, the biggest takeaway is that Goh was lying to himself when he said he wanted to go on a journey alone. He thought he was until Ash announced he had the same intentions and suddenly reality hit. He probably would have reconsidered his decision if Ash told him not to leave. But being Ash, friendship has never been a thing to hold him back, only be a driving force. But poor Goh had to learn that the hard way. If a kiss on an escalator couldn’t get Ash to stay put, I’m not sure what Goh thought he was bringing to the table that would keep Ash by his side.

But hey, watch next week end with them beating Lugia and Ash and Goh realizing that they still make a great team and can get stronger together, Paldea Region lets GO! and I eat my words XD

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
My biggest contention with Goh is the writers' apparent inability to figure what to do with his Park 'mons and the answer appears to be "nothing." Why? Why are you leaving them behind? When Ash does it, he has a specific reason, so I don't get why Goh needs to do the same.

Risrhayne

My biggest contention with Goh is the writers' apparent inability to figure what to do with his Park 'mons and the answer appears to be "nothing." Why? Why are you leaving them behind? When Ash does it, he has a specific reason, so I don't get why Goh needs to do the same.
Poor Sakuragi. Losing his research fellows means no grant money.
“How am I supposed to feed all of these guys…?”

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Poor Sakuragi. Losing his research fellows means no grant money.
“How am I supposed to feed all of these guys…?”
Goh returns to the lab to visit his mons...
"Hey Professor, where are the Pokemon that I left here?"

Cerise: "I put them in these boxes, and I got you a bunch of newly hatched starters because they were easier to take care of. Surprise!"

/jokes...

Goh was never conflicted about whether he should go on his own or not, he was conflicted about telling Ash that he made the decision to go on his own. That’s the biggest issue; GOH ALREADY MADE HIS DECISION. We wouldn’t be having this discussion if Goh was all like “I don’t know what to do now that PM over”. THEN his response to Ash suddenly saying he’s leaving would have made sense. His fears of abandonment would have been understandable because that’s not the first time a close friend of his suddenly disappeared.

But because Goh already decided that he was going, even going as far as stating exactly why Ash SHOULDN’T tag along and that Ash would push him to go for it, there really was no need for that kind of tension. He lost the “you betrayed me” card the second he decided on leaving. It’s like he had a whole scenario in his head;
I think there is one detail that's missing that makes Goh's reaction understandable. It's how Ash delivered the news that he was leaving. It was delivered with all the grace and care of a flying brick, and I can see how it would trigger Goh's feelings of being abandoned or that their friendship was over. Goh's in unexplored emotional territory here because this is all new to him, and that means some of his reactions might not be rational from our point of view.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I think there is one detail that's missing that makes Goh's reaction understandable. It's how Ash delivered the news that he was leaving. It was delivered with all the grace and care of a flying brick, and I can see how it would trigger Goh's feelings of being abandoned or that their friendship was over. Goh's in unexplored emotional territory here because this is all new to him, and that means some of his reactions might not be rational from our point of view.

Ash wasn’t even that bad, because ash hasn’t even gotten into his own reasoning and thoughts before goh accusses him of betrayal because ash dared to come to a decision without consulting ut with him even though he already did the exact same but just lack the courage to actually do it. Like he was lining up to do the exact same thing by just calling ash and readying to make a declaration, so it’s obviously unfair to call out ash for actually doing the same thing in the same way goh was planning in doing.

In the end it just comes up as hypocritical. Goh is allowed to do it because he’s the ‘sensitive one’, but ash does it and he’s the worst. A reasoning behind a douchy behavior doesn’t excuse the behavior in itself. Just because there’s a reason ‘that people won’t understand’ it doesn’t change that action goh did was a douchy move. If anything it will just make it seem more douchy because people ‘can’t understand’. Doesn’t help goh kept insisting that ash was in the wrong even after they ‘made up’ while ash was pointing out he was doing the same thing, instead of owning up to his own outburst, even if it’s ‘jokey’. At worst something like that could be seen as passive-aggressive digs by people.

Last edited:

Queen Cynthia

Dignified Queen of Sinnoh
I'd say it was a classical misunderstanding and nobody, neither Ash nor Go, should be blamed.
On the one hand, Go is the "sensitive one" whose first real friend is Ash. This is why it's kind of understandable he was overreacting because he seemed to be overwhelmed by his insecurity.
On the other hand, Ash has always reacted in a very straightforward way. Yes, that might come across a bit harsh and nonchalant but it's probably because over the course of so many years, Ash must have gotten used to farewells. And yes, Ash could have said something like "Go, I would like to go on a journey, what about you? What are you plans?" That would have sounded more respectful. But as I said we can't really blame Ash because that's just how he is and he certainly didn't mean to be rude.

What I do care about, however, is how Ash is treating his OAK'ed Pokemon (his friends and reliable partners after all). If you ask me, that's outright rude. I'd definitely understand if one of his Pokemon would want to "break free".

Soniman

Break the Limit
(Not that it makes a difference, because if Goh got upset for any other reason, you would have complained about it too, because that's all you really do on these forums. Complain, make unfunny comments and then collect likes from wherever possible. I look forward to the day you actually become a genuine person with genuine things to say.)
I’ve been here since the XY days and even back then he was like that, just ignoring him is all you can do since nearly 10 years later he’s still doing the same shtick of complaining about any minor thing every single episode, make extremely bad faith arguments, and like farm with unfunny jokes, may as well hope for the sun to rise in the west before he speaks genuinely lmao

Last edited:

Risrhayne

Trying to figure out if Goh had a pathetic excuse to lash out at Ash sure is a handful, don't you all think.
Well appropriate for this forum, if we interpreted the situation incorrectly, we either didn’t watch the episode, didn’t read the subs, we’re not genuine people and we’re trolls because god forbid anyone says Goh reacted badly to sudden change despite having met a ton of people Ash also had to say goodbye to out of the blue and despite Goh’s habit of also suddenly bailing on his friends without consulting them.

It’s whatever at this point, we can go on and on arguing about this, taking whatever sides we want to. The show’s got 2 episodes left at the most, so let’s save the namecalling for the next batch of “controversial” characters.

Risrhayne

If you still feel confused, please re-read the dialogue which I so kindly shared for you. If you persist on making this ridiculous claim, I will simply keep sharing the dialogue until you develop the ability to read and comprehend what you read.
Fine. I’ll reread what you kindly wrote. I also decided to rewatch the episode and I’ve got some dialogue to share too;

Chloe: So, you’d be going alone?
Goh: I’d end up relying on Ash if he was there. So I’ll go alone.
Chloe: Have you told Ash?
Goh: Oh, he’d tell me to go for it. I know what he’s like. And…I feel kinda bad about it…like I’m betraying our friendship.
Chloe: So you don’t know what to do?

I’m not sure where you’re getting the assumption that I can’t read, because Goh clearly wants to go on his own. For some reason though, we’re going at this because apparently even though Goh said what he wants to do, why he should do it, why Ash shouldn’t come with him and that Ash would support his decision, he’s somehow still conflicted about whether he should leave or not because Chloe said so. At no point did Goh say he was hesistant on leaving because he wanted to run his idea by Ash first. He knew he would say yes.

GMax Helios

Regardless of whether his outburst was justified or not, my opinion on Goh still hasn't changed at all. I still think he's the absolute worst companion ever, even worse than BW Iris, who was very hypocritical herself. Especially since some of his attributes seem missing for some episodes, only for them to come back later on when it's convenient. Remember when the Articuno episode actually brought up how Goh doesn't cooperate well, but then they immediately contradict themselves by mentioning the battle against Golurk? And that's not even mentioning the time he briefly teamed up with freaking Team Rocket to battle Zapdos. And as for his countless undeserved victories? Only 1 word is needed. Suicune.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
That's really odd too because we've seen Goh consistently rotating the other half of his party (the non starter one) and, unlike Ash, he has no reason for a "fresh start". Also, we know transfering pokémon back and forth IS a thing in this universe.

Even the games, made it extremely easy to the point, now we can do it anywhere, anytime without needing the pokémon center.

Really weird decision and, in my opinion, a poor attempt at trying to mirror Ash. This kind of thing works for Ash, given his stabilished character traits and backstories, but not for Goh

Xuxuba

It's on-character for Goh to be really sad that his first real friend is leaving, while Ash has a far easier time considering the sheer amount of times he has done this before. But i do agree that the whole "you should consult me before deciding anything" seems like a bit of an overkill. It makes him sound way more clingy than he ever was lol

It's on-character for Goh to be really sad that his first real friend is leaving, while Ash has a far easier time considering the sheer amount of times he has done this before. But i do agree that the whole "you should consult me before deciding anything" seems like a bit of an overkill. It makes him sound way more clingy than he ever was lol
Kinda bothers me how when Brock left for good (in DP) Ash didn’t seem that sad. Same with Serena. The most emotion he showed was with Kukui and Burnet and the Alola gang however the latter was more happy crying.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
That's really odd too because we've seen Goh consistently rotating the other half of his party (the non starter one) and, unlike Ash, he has no reason for a "fresh start". Also, we know transfering pokémon back and forth IS a thing in this universe.

Even the games, made it extremely easy to the point, now we can do it anywhere, anytime without needing the pokémon center.

Really weird decision and, in my opinion, a poor attempt at trying to mirror Ash. This kind of thing works for Ash, given his stabilished character traits and backstories, but not for Goh

Let’s be honest, the writers just wanted to go with the usual status quo without thinking much about it.

Though tbf, goh has rarely used the non starter pokemons for a while now. The lab mons basically barely exist anyways, so i can’t even blame the writers for not wanting to think about them anymore.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Acquaintances, friends out of convienience, Koharu made the effort to interact with Goh while Goh didn’t care either way. I think the intention is that he spent the majority of his time in his apartment alone and not really interacting with anyone, I think they more saw eachother as classmates rather than besties