• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon! I Am Glad I Got To Meet You (1224)

Red and Blue

Thesnowmander11

1224.jpg

Pokémon! I Am Glad I Got To Meet You​

After Ash has won the World Coronation Series and Goh has achieved his goal of finding Mew again, Ash, Goh & Chloe decide to go camping. With nothing but Pokémon around them, they reminisce about their memories with Pokémon, but Goh has something that he is unable to tell Ash. Will Goh be able to bring himself to tell Ash?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
damn is this the end

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
No, you forgot to write an episode review (smile), here have an unecessarily long essay for no reason:
My condolences go out to the Tauros and Snivy for being the only of Ash's Oaked 'mons to not physically appear in the episode, at least they appeared in a fantasy alongside the pokemon Ash released (and Larvitar) unlike the Alolan 'mons who are... in Alola.
Sidenote, I'd like to know why Mimey looked sunburned* when Koharu was looking for Ash and Go, though given that Ash intends on going on another journey, I would expect Mimey to go back to Pallet Town, and it should imo, there'd be little reason for it to stay at Sakuragi's lab. *On further reflection, a week after watching the episode (so today to be more specific), I found out that Mimey's appearance was changed to look more like how Mr Mime looks in Legends Arceus and Pokemon Home.
I did like that during the campfire scene, Go and Koharu reflected on how they had developed during the course of JN, from Go saying he didn't need friends to doing a 180 thanks to his journey and Koharu going from not liking pokemon to finding her world expanded thanks to Eevee.
The conflict in this episode, stemming from Ash and Go saying that they want to go on their respective journeys, it felt a tad odd to me, considering Go had initially thought that he felt like he'd be betraying his friendship with Ash by going on a journey alone when the opposite would surely be the case, and he even pondered this during his chat with Koharu that Ash would probs say "Go for it". If anything, Go was going to at least discuss his plans, unlike Ash who basically decided what his next step was on the spot. The decent thing for Ash would've been to say "What do you think about me doing X?", on the other hand, I suppose this mini spat padded out the episode for like a minute.
I did like that this episode referenced the first episode with Ash and co being chased by a flock of Spearow, though unlike in EP001, the Spearow were dealt with peacefully with them falling asleep and landing on the ground gracefully. Another parallel I liked with this and EP001 was that unlike that episode where Ho-Oh appeared, this episode had Lugia appear and with Lugia's appearance, the series has come full circle. JN began with Ash and Go encountering Lugia (technically it was JN002, but whatever), and it's ending with them encountering the same Lugia.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Part 1 of JN's finale and honestly unlike others who feel the title was wasted, I think it's really apt
The last episode being called "The Pokemon Master and Rainbow" is much better and this episode was literally made to be a final love letter to the fact Pokemon exists and they are thankful for it

Seriously this episode in general is just a love letter. With bookends to JN such as Goh saying the same stuff to Chloe about Farfetchd and Diglett that he did in the very first episode, to Lugia appearing again, to Ash and Goh 's first adventure clashes resurfacing, to gratitude for all the journeys thus far in the anime, callback to all the mons Ash released and still has, the very first spearow incident. I feel these last two episodes were so lost in all the drama and uncertainty and leaks and speculation back then, it's nice to come back to it and feel......nostalgia for JN lmao, even tho it just ended. It had its charm at times, and this episode was a perfect showcase of that

Starswirl Pikachu

So it seems that Goh is thinking of going off on a journey and yet Ash surprises him by announcing a journey as well. Goh has an emotional reaction to this news but we can see that he has grown at least a little bit. By contrast poor Chloe and Eevee feel a little underdeveloped for how far in the season it is. They didn't do anything wrong exactly but is this going to be how it ends for them? (even each of Ash's Aloha friends seem like they got more fleshed out)

Moving on to other events, Lugia seems to have appeared although I wonder why it is not more talkative so far?