• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon! I Choose You (001)

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I think the overall feel of this series is what the rest of the series lacks. That and the "WOW. This is cool" cause its new. But i digress.

I think, besides the emotional part at the end...My favorite part was Dexter.

"To steal food from STUPID Travelers."

"Wait...Does that I'M stupid?"

Pikachu: *laughing his freaken head off*

I love that part so much. It still makes me laugh. XD

I think the overall feel of this series is what the rest of the series lacks. That and the "WOW. This is cool" cause its new. But i digress.

I think, besides the emotional part at the end...My favorite part was Dexter.

"To steal food from STUPID Travelers."

"Wait...Does that I'M stupid?"

Pikachu: *laughing his freaken head off*

I love that part so much. It still makes me laugh. XD

Oh yes, how could I forget to put that in my post? Dexter was getting slick, it was funny that he was doing that. I wish that continued to the new series, but eh, at least we got it. xD

Lucille

I miss the humor from this episode I wish it was still present in the show now

This to me was a really good set-up. To be honest, not much of the adventure and humor that I love happened yet in the series so this isn't one of my favorite episodes but to me, it is one of the nostalgic and emotional episodes. Ash is introduced as a very likeable character whose dream is to become the number one Pokémon Master. It is the night before he gets his first Pokémon and Ash is restless. After he dreams about each of the starter Pokémon and which one he will choose, Ash realizes he is late and rushes to Professor Oaks lab. There he meets his rival Gary and his group of cheerleaders. Gary rubs it In Ash's face that he got the best starter Pokémon from the pack and goes onto to mock Ash even calling him a "loser." Gary in my opinion is set-up really well here. He is essentially the jerk that Ash always wants to catch up with. One of my minor flaws with this episode is that Ash and Gary act as if they had just met for the first time here when in reality that is not true. After finding out that all the 3 starters Pokémon (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle) have been taken, Professor Oak reveals that there is one more. It is Pikachu, the electric mouse Pokémon. Pikachu isn't too fond of Ash and after thundershocking Ash, Ash is given his Pokedex and Pokeballs. After a teary farewell from his mother, Ash can finally start his journey.

This is when the episode starts to get really good now that we've got passed all the set up. Ash attempts to catch his first Pokémon and fails several times which leads to his actual Pokedex, Dexter, mocking him which was hilarious. Pikachu also can't help but laugh at his trainer's miserable attempts. Later on, Ash throws a rock at a Spearow which causes the Spearow to attack Pikachu. After getting thundershocked, Spearow calls his flock and chases after Pikachu and Ash. Ash and Pikachu land in the water and a girl named Misty ends up pulling them out with her rod. Ash ends up taking Misty's bike much to Misty's dismay. Ash ends up telling Pikachu to get inside his Pokeball. Pikachu begins to admire his trainers bravery and his worry for him. Ash tells the Spearow that he will capture and defeat them all. The Spearow come at him and Pikachu saves Ash with a powerful thundershock. As Ash and Pikachu lay there, they notice a mysterious Pokémon fly across the sky. The Pokedex confirms that there is no information and that there are still more Pokémon waiting to be discovered. Ash and Pikachu walk off to the nearest Pokémon center as the narrator closes us out.

What I liked about this episode: It is a good set-up episode. We get to meet Ash, Pikachu, Misty, Gary, Professor Oak and Delia. The interactions between Ash and Pikachu were great. There was humor that came from Delia, Professor Oak and Gary. The ending was emotional.

What I didn't like about this episode: This is not my favorite Kanto episode and I'll tell you why. Even though it was a good set-up, it was essentially a set-up episode for half of the episode which is fine. The plot is quite simplistic and Kanto is usually known for its out of there plots. Those are the kind of episodes I like. It's what set Pokémon Kanto apart from a lot of other shows.

Ke$ha

Banned
My favourite episode because Misty appeared for the 1st time lol I loved that she was mad at Ash when she meet him but its great that her bike helped to get Ash to Viridian city faster. I was happy at the end of the episode because Ash and pikachu finally bonded and they saw Ho-oh appear in the rainbow. A really awesome episode.

ArmadaUGS

Still my favorite episodes to this day. Pikachu is so hilarious in this episode when he laugh cause Ash is doing some pretty stupid things and when Ash ask him to open the mouth to tell him what's wrong. Also Ash trying to get Pikachu back in the ball is so epic cause Pikachu is better at football then Messi :p

I also love the fact that Ash is basically risking everything and Pikachu finally understand he can trust Ash. This is a master piece of work and I will always love this episode =)

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
A legendary episode of the best franchise in this world :) The Ho-oh that appears at the end is epic because it was 2 years before Gold/Silver were even released. Ash asks the pokedex 'What's that?' to which the pokedex replies "There is no data. There are still pokemon yet to be identified."

*~Silver*~

*Facepalm* Remember when Pikachu didn't want to go on the journey with Ash so Ash started dragging it around on a rope? xD

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
A legendary episode of the best franchise in this world :) The Ho-oh that appears at the end is epic because it was 2 years before Gold/Silver were even released. Ash asks the pokedex 'What's that?' to which the pokedex replies "There is no data. There are still pokemon yet to be identified."

I loved that; it made the Pokemon world seem large and mysterious.

*Facepalm* Remember when Pikachu didn't want to go on the journey with Ash so Ash started dragging it around on a rope? xD
A Professor Oak's suggestion! 0_o

Canada

Banned
i remember this it was the one where ash got pikachu and it didnt like him and the spearows cam yeah ive seen this so many times already lmao i like the episode im sick of it now lol

Chriiis

I loved that; it made the Pokemon world seem large and mysterious.

It definitely did. I think that's what got me hooked to the anime/series for a while.

I think I should start re-watching the series.

The episode was great. I remember most of the stuff. It's still funny how they say Pokemon. I cried a little when Ash was trying to protect Pikachu from the flock of Spearow, I wish BW had some of these moments, but it's still an amazing series. Onto the next episode.

I've started rewatching from Episode one recently and it really is refreshing: All the bickering that him and Misty go through(what made it so funny) and remembering Gen I Pokemon as new and mysterious in their first appearances.

Canada

Banned
Yeah that Ho-oh part was pretty cool back then.

I've also started rewatching the series.

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!

A Professor Oak's suggestion! 0_o

Professor Oak, tell the next beginner at Pokémon... is that if you give them a Pikachu, watch out for its attitude at first. It will death shock, and death stare you xDDD

And the Ho-Oh at the end was marvelous. >:3 I thought it was beautiful when in was younger.

Colt45

Cobalt
This was a great, emotional episode, honestly one of my favorite in the series because of the nostalgia and memories it invokes.

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
This was a great, emotional episode, honestly one of my favorite in the series because of the nostalgia and memories it invokes.

You gotta love the classics. for some reason the low quality and choppy frames makes it all the more nostalgic