• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon! I Choose You (001)

Pokemonger49777

IT'S ASHER JESUS!!!
Wasn't that like the first episode? I can't remember, it was from too far back.

Pacman

The first episode.

Ash should have got a Spearow. I know, in the Manga a Fearow was attacking them and Ash got that one.

Some_Random_Person

Abort, Retry, Fail?
This is the first episode I ever saw, and I think it was one of the most memorable. I remember when I wondered what the 'golden bird flying over the rainbow' was when i first saw it.

If only Pikachu's personality stayed like in the end of the First episode untill the end of the First Season. Right now Pikachu just seems to be like a Robot that uses thunderbolt every end of the episode o_O

Anyway, this was the Third episode I saw (the first being Samurai one and then the one after that, as I hired this episode on video after) I Love this episode, Pikachu's personality, the way the Pokedex called Ash 'stupid', getting Pikachu (Oak: I'm afraid the Trainers who came earlier got this Pokemon) and overall, the way it was set out ?_?

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Ah, the episode that started it all. I don't think this episode was what got me to get into the anime back then, but it did manage to spark some sort of interest that made me want to tune into it every single morning during its initial run in UPN.

Despite what some people may think, Pikachu as a starter is a really bad choice. It's one of the harder to manage Pokemon and the anime showed that quite well. Ash woke up late, managing to miss out on all three of the starters. He gets the unruly Pikachu to start off his journey, which he's only dressed in his 'jammies. Heh, I always found it funny that the boy's first day as a trainer was all messed up, it added to the charm of the first series.

I remember how mystical the scene with Ho-Oh was at the end. I really expected to see an on-going storyline involving this Legendary, especially after what was said about it in episode two. However, it barely ever came out again.

spongeaud

Shikamaru Fan!
I watched this episode the other day and I haven't seen it in the longest time and it was funny the pokedex callin Ash stupid and Ash almost getting pikachu killed Ash sacrificing himself to crazy Sparrow to save a pokemon that didn't like him it was a good one that I had forgoten about!
Yeah for the first epi!!

Bring the ****in' good old "Pokemon" back!!!

;227; Will Cartoon Network ever show the orignal "Pokemon" again? Mr. Turner, don't give us that ultra lame-*** new-age "Pokemon Battle Fronter" ****!

Dang, I watched this episode some time ago and I'm amazed at how much the show has changed

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
The episode that started it all...

This was back before I wanted to punt Pikachu across a football field, We get to see how uber it can be...

What do you think the Anime would be like if Satoshi had actually gotten the Zenigame like he wanted, Would Shigeru have gotten Pikachu?

GreatLiver

Oh watching this episode is great. The opening showing the opening from the games is classic. God I still get goosebumps when I hear the music from when the spearow are attacking Satoshi.

King Slazo

UK Pokemon Fanatic
At least you guys can see Season 9 (Hurry up, Toonami UK).
I think this is a much better attempt at a first episode than many other series, and the reference to Ho-Oh at the end is hilarious, especially when Ash mistakes it for an Articuno in episode 2.
Other than that, an interesting episode where Ash doesn't get it all his own way for once!
(And I still buy the DVDs, despite being in the UK)

xx129

The wing is the thin
:386-s: What was the point of having the Ho-oh at the end. And, I thought that Ho-oh was made in Johto.

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
Ho-Ho was a preview of new pokemon on the "horizon".
unintentional pun about rainbows.

bubblybubbly-bubba

~ Forever Lonely ~
The first ever pokemon episode.I loved it when pikachu licked ash' cheek <3 so cute!

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
This is probably one of my favorite episode. It is so awesome I love it. I want it for GBA video but I can't find it.