• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon! I Choose You (001)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ash getting chased by Spearows was hilarious. Also found it hilarious that his own Pokedex implied that he was stupid and all the electric shocks Pikachu was spamming. It was really cool when Pikachu fought off all of those Spearow though and that's when the coma theory begins.
8/10

This episode was both very emotional and very hilarious. It's definitely one of the best OS episodes imo.

Best part was Ash thinking Dexter called him an idiot. :)

Last edited:

Anti luring

Reigning Champ
oh wow. seeing this series brings in oldstorm attacks in my head

Tactical Squirtle

Seeing the Gengar v. Nidorino scene is so nostalgic. Was really happy it was featured not only in the opening sequence of the game but the first episode. I was really hoping he would get Squirtle.

zA-kO-raY

Honestly this episode brings back so many memories whenever I watch it. I always laugh at the fact that Gary is 10 years old, yet has his own cheer squad and car.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
This is probably my favourite episode of the entire Pokémon anime because it's the ep where Ash obtains Pikachu, the ep that begins the Pokémon anime and where he fails to capture a Pidgey.

Since Pikachu clearly didn't want to go with Ash,why didn't he make run for it after shocking everyone outside while he had the chance?
Surely he could have got away before anyone recovered.

MattySadler

Since Pikachu clearly didn't want to go with Ash,why didn't he make run for it after shocking everyone outside while he had the chance?
Surely he could have got away before anyone recovered.

Maybe secretly he did want to go with Ash, but Pikachu has been hurt in past relationships so he didn't want to open himself up to heartbreak again.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
When I watched it, I was quite confused how sudden Pikachu liked Ash from disliking him. Such as being laughed at when failing to catch Pidgey and then hugging (I think) him at the end and seeing Ho-Oh.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I re-watched this recently and I wondered, do you think the anime would be better if the dex had kept up all its snarkiness? Like Dizzi from the original and early Beyblade or something. I mean it was quite a fun character but after a while insulting ash might be too cruel a running joke

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
This first episode of the anime was awesome especially when Ash met Pikachu since they didn't get along at all ha ha. The Spearow chase scene on the bicycle was intense and the music that played when the flock charged at Ash was gorgeous. :)

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I actually really enjoy this episode and it premiered your first Jhoto Pokémon, Ho-Oh, before they even knew it. To this day is my favorite legendary. The quote in my biography is straight from this episode, when he yells at the Spearow. Definitely the beginning of something great.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I actually really enjoy this episode and it premiered your first Jhoto Pokémon, Ho-Oh, before they even knew it. To this day is my favorite legendary. The quote in my biography is straight from this episode, when he yells at the Spearow. Definitely the beginning of something great.

I was surprised when Ho-oH flew by cuz it wasn't native to Kanto. I recently found out that it was designed already by the time this episode aired however which is cool. :3

keepitsimple

site of lies
I re-watched this recently and I wondered, do you think the anime would be better if the dex had kept up all its snarkiness? Like Dizzi from the original and early Beyblade or something. I mean it was quite a fun character but after a while insulting ash might be too cruel a running joke

I would say probably not. I tend to find gags funnier when they only happen once or a few times. Plus I don't think one gag would be enough to "make the anime better".

Bananarama

The light is coming

I think maybe, in moderation, it would be better. If it was done too much, then the dex wouldn't be a very enjoyable part of the anime. I think the instance in this episode was alright enough, because it was pretty brief.

JudySpell

Banned
Good 1st episode of the show. I loved how Ash overslept and Pikachu being Ash's last resort as a starter was hilarious. Pikachu was such a brat though.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I really liked the design of Pikachu here. I have nothing against the newer look, but I think that Pikachu looks much cuter when it's chubby :p

I also don't like the way it acted toward Ash here, though. I thought that it was completely unnecessary, especially since Ash did absolutely nothing wrong to Pikachu.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I really liked the design of Pikachu here. I have nothing against the newer look, but I think that Pikachu looks mucher cuter when it's chubby :p

I might've thought he looked cute if he had acted cutely at least, but just seeing him be defiant and obstinate with Ash didn't exactly help in my opinion hee hee. I'm probably just nitpicking tho. ^^;

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I really liked the design of Pikachu here. I have nothing against the newer look, but I think that Pikachu looks much cuter when it's chubby :p

I also don't like the way it acted toward Ash here, though. I thought that it was completely unnecessary, especially since Ash did absolutely nothing wrong to Pikachu.

Yeah, even Pikachu was a bit of a nuisance here, refusing to get into its Poké Ball, electrocuting Ash and laughing at Ash's failures. Or I'll consider the possibility that he just started as a Trainer and didn't have much experience.