• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon! I Choose You (001)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon! I Choose You (001)

Pokémon! I Choose You!

Ash Ketchum has just turned 10 years old and it is time for him to start his Pokémon Journey. However his Starter Pokémon is a rather disobediant Pikachu. Will Ash be able to Tame this Pikachu?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
Well, i am amazed that you were or who ever did it or worked with you did all these episode with a pic, and a small summary...

PIKACHU YOU LOOK CUTE...lol

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
FlamingRuby said:
I still remeber that part when Ash met Pikachu...

"Hi, Pika-AUUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!!"

Yea...same here it is unforgettable...i wish they would air that as a special some time...when Pokemon Anniversary comes...

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
and Ash's little "That's right! I hereby declare to the Pokemon of the world" speech?

and the spearow chase?

and Pikachu's kiss?

J

Jade Mage

The Nidorino-Gengar battle is still the best. Nostalgia is good.

L

Luke04

This was the best eposide ever. I remember of an eposide that Ash made pikachu fight a golem what eposide was that?

W

Waterstar Misty

It is unforgettable, the first pokemon episode that started it all. I can still remember it all. Pikachu at first acting like it was smarter then Ash. Pikachu protecting Ash when he found out he could trust Ash, and Misty fishing Ash out of the river and then he takes Misty's bike. This entire episode is one of my favorite.

R

Raiden

That episode was so funny at the beginning, and sad at the end!
I was actually interested in Misty. She'd dead boring now - especially with her Togepi.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Pokemon had such great beginnings.

Anyway, is it true that Misty slapped Ash in the Japanese version? I always thought that's why there was a frozen frame and Misty positioned the way she was when it unforze.

M

meggirl63

That's a good episode! Ash was soooooo cute as a ten-year-old! Oh, Gary was cute too!

F

Factory Head Noland

I always wondered something:

If Prof. Oak knew that there were 4 Trainers starting their journey that day then surely he realised that someone would lose out because there are only 3 starters so the 4th person was never going to get a starter.

If all 4 Trainers had turned up at the same time then someone would lose out on the spot.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
The Big Al said:
Anyway, is it true that Misty slapped Ash in the Japanese version? I always thought that's why there was a frozen frame and Misty positioned the way she was when it unforze.
Yep, it is. You can actually still hear the sound effect of the slap if you listen closely enough :p I did find an animated gif of that part on a random french website before as a matter of fact...*goes to investigate*

K

Katsuya

And so begins my quest - to review all the eps.

Best bit in this episode - Start of the episode, where it's the Game's opening screen.

Yellow

Banned
I love this episode. Pikachu and Ash were shaky at first, but in the end, they became friends. I have this episode on GBA video, and my favorite part was when Pikachu licked Ash's cheek.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Gravy said:
Yep, it is. You can actually still hear the sound effect of the slap if you listen closely enough :p I did find an animated gif of that part on a random french website before as a matter of fact...*goes to investigate*

Can you get us that link. It would be nice to see. Even for the beginning 4Kids took out little stuff and did a bad job of covering their tracks. :rolleyes:

Hao Kaiser

Aww... Crap.
this was the 2nd eps i saw... I got it on video, the first one i saw was where charmander evolved, but i couldnt see it for static...

I liked this episode, but it isnt one of my personal favorates, im not sure why...hmm

M

Magi of all

Ah the memories. I remember the first time I saw this episode, back when Pokemon aired on Fox. I wondered where the pokeball Ash got pikachu out of. What happened to it, there was a lightning bolt on it.

One of the most memorable episode. I remember my friends and i would debate who hooh was and we use to call it "golden bird" lol. Ash was funnier in the early Kanto episode.