• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon in your area

Pokémon in your area

Yeah, I love these kinds of threads. We all know GPD hasn't had much activity recently, so why not stir up some fun? ^_^ Basically the purpose of this thread is to list what Pokemon would live in your city or town, if Pokemon existed in our world.

Well, I'd have to say there'd be quite a few interesting Pokemon in my town. Murkrow would be abundant around town, as crows seem to be the most common bird where I live. We'd certainly have Wingull near the beach, along with freshwater Water Pokemon in the lake, such as Magikarp, Shellos and maybe Squirtle. I'm sure there'd be a few Gyarados, as well, though they'd be rarely ever seen. Seeing as Ogopogo is said to live in the Okanagan, there might be odd sightings of Dratini, albeit they'd be extremely rare.

We'd have Geodude, Graveler and Machop up on the mountains near my town, as well as Pokemon like Dugtrio and Rhyhorn.

In my backyard, I could probably find Pokemon like Caterpie and Wurmple scurrying around, as well as Oddish and Seedot. I bet Pidgey and Starly would roost nearby every so often. Maybe even some Swablu.

My pet cat would likely be a Glameow or Meowth, if Pokemon were real. I'm leaning towards Glameow.

The animals around my town would be pidgey, taillow, zubat.
I love dogs and monkeys so my pet would be a growlithe or a chimchar.

We don't have Pokemon where I live, only animals.

No. 1 Machop Fan

We'd have heaps of Wingulls and some Murkrow and Machoke around where I live. If there were Cockatoo and Magpie Pokemon, we'd have them too.

Champion Lance

Penis Used Harden
Heaps of Wingulls and Furrets. The odd Aipom here and there.

Floydyboy

Oink oink
Lots of Heracross and Venomoth. Kangaskhan, because occasionally I see a few Kangaroos.

In my area there would be alot of pidgeys and spearows flying around by day. In the afternoon There might be a few butterfrees and the odd beedrills. By night you may sometimes hear a howl of a ninetails, with its vulpix cubs.

you guessed it, i live in an urban area :)

Nacreous

Fire trainer
A lot of Pidgeys,Spearows,Murkrows,Wingulls,Growlithes,Glameows,Taillows,Kricketots & Kricketunes,Yanmas,the Caterpie line,the Weedle line

GreenDay4ever

bye!, i had a blast
lots of birds... and lots of fish's.... and some ice pokemon probably

like: Murkrow, pidgey, wingull, magikarp, finneon, krabby, snover... and maybe some rock types as well...

Secret Identity

Pseudo Trainer
I'd most likely see Pachirisu, Spearow, Murkrow, and Wingull. Very rarely, I'd see Yanma and Beedrill. I'd never actually see Kricketot or Kricketune, but I know they'd be around. My pet dog would be a Houndour.

D

Deleted member 133172

Pigey, Murkrow.

Caterpie, Weedle. beutifly, Butterfree

Stantler, Pachirisu, sandshrew, sandslash.

magicarp, gorbees

MKFC

Shade of Blue
My house would be infested with Grimer. The AIDS-infested Pidgey that Bonaparte was talking about would be here as well, along with Rattata with the same disease.

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
*shrugs* What the hell.

One thing I see a lot here is frogs. Frogs are just all over the place. But these are your average ordinary non-poisonous frogs, so Politoed, and, by extension, Poliwag and Poliwhirl. Poliwrath would be iffy. We also get quite a few ducks here, so Psyduck and Golduck would be located around here. This place is rather tropical, so we can add Wingull, Tropius, Staryu, and Starmie to the list. I'm also going to say that we'd get a few Magby, Magmar, and Magmortar here as well. And we also get a tonne of lizards here, so Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile, Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, and Kecleon. And this is Florida, which is famous for Gators and Crocs, so Totodile, Croconaw, and Feraligatr would be here as well. Oh, and of course Exeggcute and Exeggutor.

Now onto the subject of insects and arachnids; first things first, we are almost overrun with moths and ants. I mean, GOD, they're all over the place. Dustox and Mothim get in, with Wurmple, Cascoon, Silcoon, Beautifly, Burmy, and Wormadam joining in by association. I also see quite a few spiders down here, so Spinarak and Ariados join in the fun. Add in generic bugs; Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree, Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Combee, Vespiquen, Ledyba, Ledian, Kricketot, Kricketune, Nincada, Ninjask, Yanma, and Yanmega.

Next, we have the city pokes. Lots of tourist attractions are here, so we have Drifloon, Drifblim, Mr. Mime, Mime Jr., Drowzee, Hypno, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Meditite, and Medicham, with the first two representing balloons, and the others representing performers. Street or otherwise. Lots of electricity here, so Magnemite, Magenton, Magnezone, Voltorb, Electrode, and Rotom would be in power plants and such. You could also add Grimer, Muk, Koffing, and Weezing to some areas, but they wouldn't be present everywhere. Beldum, Metang, and Metagross would also appear here and there. Castform, Porygon, Porygon2, and Porygon-Z would also be here and there. That's all I can think of here.

Sea Pokemon. Uh...Tentacool, Tentacruel, Corphish, Crawdaunt, Krabby, Kingler, Magikarp, Feebas, Horsea, Seadra, Kingdra, Goldeen, Seaking, Finneon, Lumineon, Shellder, Cloyster, Mantyke, Mantine, Wailmer, Wailord, Carvanha, Sharpedo, Barboach, Whiscash, Clamperl, Luvdisc, Huntail, Gorebyss, Remoraid, Octillery, Corsola, and Qwilfish, with Gyarados and Milotic by extension.

Add in generics: Rattata, Raticate, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Spearow, Fearow, Starly, Staravia, Staraptor, Hoothoot, Noctowl, Sentret, Furret, Bidoof, Bibarel, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Poochyena, Mightyena, Taillow, Swellow, Shroomish, Breloom, Pikachu, Raichu, Minun, Plusle, Pichu, Azurill, Marill, Azumarill, Buneary, Lopunny, Miltank, Tauros, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Bellossom, Sunkern, Sunflora, Tediursa, Ursaring, Munchlax, Snorlax, Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Houndour, Houndoom, Pachirisu, Glameow, Purugly, Meowth, Persian, Growlithe, Arcanine, Vulpix, Ninetales, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Cherubi, Cherrim, Bonsly, Sudowoodo, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Skitty, Delcatty, Budew, Roselia, Roserade, Volbeat, Illumise, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken, Ekans, Arbok, and etc.

As for legendaries, the only two that I could see actually being here are Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza (by extension), and Zapdos. This is mainly due to weather here.

Yaaaaay.

Last edited:

flygonabsol99

probably some cacnea and cacturne here and there,and buneary's and loppunny.definetly lots of spinaraks and beutifly,as well as ledyba and ledian.Id probably see the trapinch line,gible and gabite,possibly a garchomp.And spearow

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Well I live in the Pacific Coast of the U.S Southern CA which is all desert with some forests so I guess

Sea: Staryu, Tentacool, Wailmer, Seel, Kraby, Shelder, Clampearl, Horsea, lots of Wingulls, and any other sea pokemon pretty much.

Desert/mountain: Cacnea, Eakans no arboks we have rattle snakes, but not cobras, tauros,

Forest: Hoot hoot, stantler, Buneary, all butterfly pokemon, spinarak, ledian, a bunch of other bugs. Roselias, Sunflora,

River: Korphish, lotad, squirtle, poliwags,

Urban: Grimer, Pigey, Ghost types, Murkrows, Sparrows, ratata, all the dog pokemon.

Too bad there's not cockroach pokemon otherwise it would be the most common.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Seedots and Pachirisus litter my back yard, with a few Murkrow here or there. Wingulls are all around the town as well as Pidgeys near boats. I know there are a few Stunkys around too, as well as a few Spinaraks that get in my basement. I can here some Kricketunes and Hoothoots at night but I hardly see them. Volbeat and Illumise show up in the summer, as do Tentacools at beaches. If you dig a little you can run into a Krabby or 2, as well as finding a bunch of Shellders.

So as nerdy as it sounds there are some Pokemon here or there, although I'm really waiting on the Turkey Pokemon so I can go to town.