• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon in your area

Maru

Iron Maiden ~
Hmm...I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I have a Meowth called Max, a Mightyena called Cross and a...Starly? called Maiden :3
As I live in the city there are not too much Pokémon.. A lot of Pidgeys, some Rattata, Hondour, Absol, Mightyena, Poochyena, Glameow, Meowth...well, Pokémon like that.-

John13wb

Earthbound Hero
A lot of Rattata, a few Raticate. Probably a couple herds of Stantler, swarms of Starly and Starvia, Treeckos, Poliwags, um, I don't know what else. Oh, lots of Miltank.

Profesco

gone gently
I wish we had some Treeckos around here.

There are plenty of animals roaming around my neighborhood, though. We've even had some raccoons come up onto our back porch and investigate. Nothing too exotic, sadly.

I suppose there'd be the typical assortment of Meowths, Pidgeys, Pachirisus, and Butterfrees in great number. The raccoons could be represented by ... what? I'm not sure. We'd have to watch out for Stunkys, and we'd have Stantlers who were comfortable enough with civilization to saunter right up onto the sidewalks and smile as you drove past. I think there'd be some Mightyenas roaming the less-populated areas, too. Oh, and we have a warren of Bunearys in the backyard, and you can sometimes see them hiding in the shrubbery.

Gosh, it's almost magical when you think about it. :p

well I live in the countryside and have alot of the bugs, caterpee line, weedle line, maybe pinsir, alot ledyba and ledian, spinarak line, and the wrumple line amd combee line.
Birds, well the pidgey line and a taillow family live in our barn. Is there any pokemon based upon hawks?
There's a forest close by were there would be stantlers, some vulpix and if you are extemely lucky you might see something from the shinx line. In the winter u can see snover and abomasnow.
the lake would been filled with magicarp ...lol
i would have two glameow and som some finneon and magikarp(yeah we have some carps in an aquarium before they grow to big.)

Atrum Animus

Penguin Trainer
Oh boy. Let's see... Sandshrew, Hippopotas, Digglet, Gligar, Gible, Numel, Trapinch, Skorupi... Getting a theme here? Central AZ. In town, there would be the usual city Pokemon. So, yeah. Ground and Rock fiesta.
And the occasional Ludicolo... Sorry. I had to.

Alright, in my backyard you can find some pachirisu, buneary, zigzagoon, spearow, and a lot of yanma in the summer. Also not far from where I live you can see some ursaring, stantler, and, maybe if you're lucky, some mightyena. In the winter mostly all the bug pokemon die or migrate. There might also be some ice type pokemon. Near the beaches there are lots of wingull, whiscash and some other fresh water fish. Oh, and there are lots of bidoof and bibarel. You can see their dams in almost every ravine river.

Also one summer at my cottage there was an apocalypse of mushrooms everywhere on the ground so I guess that means that there must been shroomish everywhere. There are also some zubat, and Venomoth.

goldfly2005

Hmm. Lets see.Considering the multitude of lakes in the area(330), there would be plenty of water types, such as Poliwag and it's evolutionary line, Goldeen, Magikarp, Lotad, Psyduck, Wingull and Squirtle.
We're a mining town, so tons of Geodudes, maybe a few Onix, some Magnemites, and possibly a few Beldum.
Near the outskirts of town, Teddiursa & Ursaring, Stantler, Bidoof, Vulpix & Ninetales, Poochyena & Mightyena, Treecko, Hoothoot, and Furret.
Then there's the more general Pokemon, such as Murkrow, Zigzagoon, Stunky, Rattata, Glameow, Meowth, Pachirisu, Pidgey, Tailow, Starly, etc.
We'd have domesticated Torchic, Miltank and Tauros.
We might have some legendaries, such as, say, Articuno(very cold in the winter in these parts).

I live in Burntisland which is a seaside town in Fife, Scotland.

So starting with my garden and street there would be:

Pet life - Assorted Meowths, Glameows, and Skittys... depends on the type of cat i suppose
A few people have dogs so they would be walking Growlithes, Houndours, Electrike line, and Snubbulls.
Lopunnys and Bunearys. A house up the road has chickens... is there actually a chicken pokemon yet? Torchic and Combusken?

I once had Chinchillas =] so Chiramii once lived here.

Bug life... Caterpie line, Weedle line, Ledyba line, Spinarak line (lots of), Combee line, Wurmple line, Venomoth at night, Nincadas purely to represent the vast assortment of beetles found in my garden but obviously no Cicadas and i guess the Burmy line for Mothim but i've not seen things resembling a burmy before.
If 5th gen has a woodlouse pokemon there would be ooodles and OODLES of those... seriously we have tonnes of the things! Oh Slugma and Magcargo... lots of slugs and snails
Oh and all the poison types would have weakened poison to hurt thier prey only as there is nothing deadly to humans in Scotland unless you're allergic.

Plant life - Bellossom, oddish, Paras, Tangela, Hoppip line, Seedot line, Shroomish, Breloom, Budew line,

Bird life - Wingulls... lots and lots and lots and lots of flipping Wingulls!!! One of the reasons i disliked the 3rd gen games at first was because i was sick enough of seagulls in real life then i get plagued by them in a game! No pellipers though. No pelicans you see.
Many Mamepatos, Pidgeys, Starlys, some taillow and swellow (especially on springwatch haha), lots of Murkrows, many Spearows, the occasional Hoothoot and Noctowl (hear them but never see them). Since Natu is very small and we get small birds like Bluetits i will also say the occasional Natu will appear.

Not a bird but sometimes, very rarely i see bats so Zubats also... Very ironic considering they are stupidly common in game.

Rodent life - well i get the occasional field mouse so i will say Plusle, Minun, Pichu and pickachu not ratatta as i never see any rat in my garden. Pachirisu as it is the only Squirrel option and i have one bounding around my garden at the moment... likes my window sill.
Oh we'd also get Shaymin land forme as there is alot of hedgehogs. I'd have put sandshrew and sandslash but it would be too damp for them here what with their ground typing and all. Shaymin hogs with their grass typing would love it here.

Just a damn shame that i usually see them splattered, mushed and flattened on the road.

So venturing away from my garden i know there are bunearys and pretty much all the same birds and insects/arachnids etc.

However i think frogs and the such like can live here so poliwags and politoeds.

Vulpix and Ninetails roam the streets. Miltank, Mareep, Flaaffy and Tauros roam the fields. There's a horse place aswell so Ponytas.

Then we get to the beach and the Sea. So

Magikarps, possibly feebas futher out.

Krabby, Kingler, Corphish line, small fish so i can only think of barboach or remoraid for that. Lileeps, Cradilys, anoriths, Psyducks, Seel, Spheal, Sealeo, Farfetch'd, Shellder (lots of muscles), Staryu line, surskits, shellos and gastrodon.

I am going to say wailmer aswell as it is the closest thing to a dolphin at the current moment and the occasional dolphin is seen in the sea. I think we also have sandtiger sharks so Sharpedo also.

If i lived way up north in Orkney or something i would ahve the rare possibility of seeing a Kyogre as Orca whales have been sighted there.

Now every summer the fun fair/shows/market whatever you want to call it comes to Burntisland and i assume it would attract things like Ratatta, Koffing, Grimer as it creates a lot of smoke and alot of food is dropped.

Oh and Ratatta and Raticate can be found in the new housing estates where an aluminium factory used to be and when it got demolished people at the other end of the town were finding rats in their drawers and whatnot =P

Before that place got demolished possibly Magnemites, Voltorb and geodudes from the red rock could be found.

There's a hill in my town called the Binn, Up there i'd imagine more pachirisus, Stantler, Geodudes, Onix, Pidgeotto, Pidgeots and Stataptor. Maybe Woopers and Quagsires as it gets muddy.

Out in the sea again there is a lighthouse so an Ampharos must be there =P

Wow so many animals to think about!

Last edited:

Magcargo96

I love this avvy
Let's see... Many people in my neighbourhood will have a Meowth or a Skitty.
There will be Hoot-Hoot's and Zubat in the night, and there will be swimming some Magikarp in the river. Spinarak, Ledyba, Yanma, Butterfree, Mothim (a lot!) Beedrill, and some rare Scyther's. In rare occasions also some wild Ratticate. Also some "fainted' Corpfish.
And some rare Shaymin. There isn't a other hedgehog pokemon isn't it?

TehLulzMastur

Not much. Loads of Murkrow, but not much else. Oh, and you wouldn't believe the amount of Mothim in the area!

Also, if you go down to the country-side, there will be Miltank. Many.

SmartD

There's a lot of trees where I live in my neighborhood, so a few small bug Pokemon and maybe small bird Pokemon.

saar

Shiny Flygon
My area will be with:

Loads of birds as Starley, Pidgey, and more.
Also - cats, like Meowth, Skitty. And of course bugs like Caterpie, Weedle, etc.

Yup, that'd be cool.

rocky505

Ekans line, Teddiursa line, Vulpix line, Zigzagoon line, Rattata line, Pidgey line, hoothoot line, I can't list all of them since there will be way too many to list.

wesling123

I live in a busy and dirty urban area so mostly the Pokemons that will live in our place would likely be some small insects and some stray dogs and cats like Meowth, Skitty, Poochyena and also some Natus and Pidgeys... ;328;

I live in a small suburban town in the Chicago area. I have a pet Treecko in my room and a dog that that kinda acts like a Persian (very lazy and thinks she needs constant attention).

My neighborhood is fairly new, so the trees aren't big enough for Pachirisu. However, there are some birds, like Taillow or Murkrow. We've also had TONS of Lopunny making nests for their Buneary in people's yards lately. There's also a lady on our street who keeps feeding the Psyduck, so there's usually a couple dozen of them in her yard in the morning. There is also a small lake in my neigborhood, so maybe Magikarp and Squirtle.

Outside my neigborhood, there are some major roads and shopping areas, but I wouldn't say there would be any Grimer or anything. It's not that dirty. Farther towards the outside of my town, though, there are some rural areas. There are some Rapidash and probably Rattata in the corn fields. If only there was a corn pokemon. Central U.S. has so much corn... It's also flat, so not many rock types.

tom-tom

Furret <3
Wingulls(I live like 60 miles from the beach, wtf?),Hoothoots, Charmanders, and Sevipers.

Southern California.

Frog Of Steel

Quirky Nature
Slight bump.
There is some forest in my area, so Stantler would be occasionally seen. Also, since Nidoran are rabbits, I'd see them too. Starlies, Pidgies, and Taillows would be seen too, probably along with other bird pokemon. Combee and other bug pokemon would obviously be around. Dog pokemon like Growlithe and Houndour and other pet pokemon would be common. I do see ravens and crows sometimes, so maybe I'd see Murkrow. Also, Pachirisu would be common. That's all I can think of.