• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon IS going to be Recasted...-_-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Pokémon IS going to be Recasted...-_-;

Well, I wrote Veronica Taylor yesterday and she replied with this response

Veronica Taylor said:
Hey Scott-
Unfortunately, this is very real. We have been informed that Pokemon USA has already made plans to do the Anniversary special with substitute voices. Apparently, they haven't made a firm decision on the next season yet. None of us have been formally asked to do the show, we've simply been told we'll be replaced. Pokemon USA has made no effort to negotiate with 4kids, simply feeling that getting a cheaper rate to dub the show is enough. They care nothing for the quality. They will be using new script writers, voices, music, etc. We (the voice actors and those at 4kids who work so hard on the show) are all extremely upset as we care very much for Pokemon and what we've worked to create. However, there is nothing that we can do. It seems that the only recourse is for fans to write to Pokemon USA and tell them how wrong their decision is and how it will adversely affect the show.
Thanks for your concern. Please spread the word and let's all try to work together to right this wrong before it's too late.

Veronica
This is very sad. According to CyberCubed the address to write into is:

Pokémon USA, Inc. (HQ Offices)
400 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017

Let's all do what Veronica suggested and write in to Pokemon USA and tell them to stop what they are doing and keep the VA's.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread was actually meant for the supporters of keeping the Voice Actors. If someone wants to make a new thread about being all happy about new VA's then let them float their boat in that new thread. We don't need - "No, I don't care or, I don't watch the dub, or get over it" in this thread. Thankyou.

In other words, if you aren't here to support and just tell us that we are being idiots/hypocrytic - then take your happy *** and go make your own thread. We don't care to read what you have to say in a topic that is meant for Supporting the original Voice Actors. Thankyou.

~Scott;229;

Last edited:

Heracross

Custom User Title
Sure it's unfortunate, but I would hardly say their voice talent was wasted. They do still have well over four hundred episodes to be remembered for.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Well it's evil to just take that away from them. They've been doing it for 8 years now and PUSA wants to just take that away from them and the fans.

~Scott;229;

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Well, that is just a gosh darn kick in the pants to all of us, especially those who stuck it out through the god-awful latter eps of Orange Islands and just about all of Johto. (Has much fury, but cannot post his thoughts as they come.....)

Since Pokémon U$A (as I shall forever call them) have decided an extra buck is more important than producing a decent show (especially when said show was a massive cash cow already o_O) I guess there is nothing more we can do except wish Ms. Taylor, Mr. Stuart, and all the others fair winds on their way.

As for me, I'll make my statement by simply ignoring the rest of the episodes except the Tucker and Anabel episodes, when and if they're dubbed. And I'll tape the special, not because of how great it'll be (it's gonna blow chunks) but simply for posterity.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Considering Season 8 won't even be over yet, it seems odd to hear a special with all new voice actors, and then go back to the 4kids voices until the season ends.

Veronica said no firm plans were in motion for Season 9 yet, so maybe if there's enough outcry from hearing the new voices in the April 29th special, they'll reconsider the voices for Season 9 and keep the main cast.

I don't care if 4kids isn't dubbing the show anymore, but I DO care about the voice actors. If this turns Pokemon into a "DBZ Season 3" this will be absolute garbage.

I suggest people write or send e-mails asking them to reconsider:

Write to them:

http://www.pokemon.com/contact.asp

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Y'know, what I find amusing about all this is that for years people have been complaining about these voices every chance they get (ie. Ash sounds like a girl! May is too annoying! James shouts all his lines! Max sounds like he has a cold!). And now that they've finally got their wish it's suddenly a reason to boycott the show?
And then we get people accussing PUSA of being cheapskates, when the exact same thing has been said about 4Kids again, and again, and again.

This is crazy, fer sure.

No more Ortiz = uber win.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Done. I say we should all cast aside our differences over the show for now, and send them a clear, united message about how outraged we are.

Like for example, I never expected me and CyberCubed would agree on anything. Sometimes the best of people come out in the worst of times, eh?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Gravy said:
Y'know, what I find amusing about all this is that for years people have been complaining about these voices every chance they get (ie. Ash sounds like a girl! May is too annoying! James shouts all his lines! Max sounds like he has a cold!). And now that they've finally got their wish it's suddenly a reason to boycott the show?
And then we get people accussing PUSA of being cheapskates, when the exact same thing has been said about 4Kids again, and again, and again.

This is crazy, fer sure.

Most of those people are just the usual folk who are content torrenting their Japanese episodes every week and don't bother with the dub.

Others like me enjoy both versions, and I can't bear to think of sweet little May with a different voice. :(

Misty/Jessie were excellent as well, Rachael Lilis and Veronica Taylor will be missed. :/

If they give May some new horribly generic valley girl voice, I'll be disgusted. Honestly, my fear of a terrible high-pitched May voice is what's bothering me.

The Phantom Thief

This is horrible. I like the actors the way they are thank you. I'm gonna take CyberCubed's advice and write to Pokemon USA. I really can't picture Ash, May, Misty, Brock, Harley, etc. with different voices.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Their address is this, hand-written letters I assume get looked at more than e-mails, which can be ignored easily

Corporate Offices
Pokémon USA
1177 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036

and

400 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017

^ This last one is the one we should be writing too, it goes directly to their offices.

Last edited:

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Gravy, you've got a point but some people (me included) like most of the dub voices fairly well and will be very upset to see new ones. Plus, I doubt PUSA will recast it well. I'll miss Eric Stewart and Rachel Lillis' voices the most. I just hope they reconsider

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Actually, Ms. Taylor doesn't know what is going on in the minds of the PUSA board (except they won't deal with 4Kids). We don't know if they'll be bringing in crappy VA's.

And for your information, I eventually came to like the VA's FUNi had for DBZ. I say at least give them a chance.

However, I'm scared about what she said about new music. Please don't tell me that PUSA intends to create music like 4Kids. Give us the original soundtrack dangit.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
If they give May some new horribly generic valley girl voice, I'll be disgusted. Honestly, my fear of a terrible high-pitched May voice is what's bothering me.

Oh, God no. I may not be your everyday May fan, but the thought of her being revamped into a terrible Ash/Harley mix (possibly with worse dub lines to match) makes me sick to my stomach.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
CyberCubed said:
Most of those people are just the usual folk who are content torrenting their Japanese episodes every week and don't bother with the dub.
Eh, I wouldn't say that. I've seen plenty of people around that have zero access to any of the japanese episodes, yet have still found one reason or another to complain about the voice acting. On here, on other forums, even people I know from college.

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

The epitome of grace
This calls for a new chain sig! :p

I like the old voices just fine. I don't want to get them replaced after 7 years of watching Pokemon, but who knows about this? I mean, most kids who watch the show don't know what's going on. If I hadn't seen this thread, I would be totally clueless just like the next person. Everyone has a right to know about this.

BTW, the most hate-mail about this will come in after the new voice change. Those who don't have any way of knowing what's going on will be just as mad as we are right know, and A LOT of kids will be writing letters.

It's clever though, since there's nothing that can be done about it. When everyone knows, it will be too late. The producers can't just go back and re-air the episodes with the old voices, right?

Heracross

Custom User Title
The Big Al said:
However, I'm scared about what she said about new music. Please don't tell me that PUSA intends to create music like 4Kids. Give us the original soundtrack dangit.
Or maybe they'll have music from the original version that never made it into the dub before. Doubtful, but I assure you there is plenty. :p

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Guys, here's a place to write hand-written letters to, I also edited this above:

400 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017

Status
Not open for further replies.