• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon IS going to be Recasted...-_-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Did you not read it - there is no confirmation about the 9th Season. The 10th Anniversary Special will be done by other voices - but I could care less about an Anniversary Special...

We can all hope that the 8th Movie & the 9th season of the show will have the same good old voice actors.

~Scott;229;

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Maybe we should send some. Kids will definitely notice if the new VAs come in, and they'll be upset but by then the show would have been recasted. We should do something now before the decision is made

Heracross

Custom User Title
Rufinito18 said:
God, the voices are fine. We've had em for 7 years..sure, May for 2 years along wth Max....but COME on...do they think we are gonna take this crap? -_-
Not only that, but apperently they think fans won't care at all. lol

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
What we can all do is write in to Pokémon USA asking them to keep the Voice Actors from 4Kids to do the voices.

~Scott;229;

RandomCharizard

Email : Sent.
Hopefully these voice actors will be alright. More original music will be kept, and dialouge also.
*dies of dreams*
Btw, the 8th movie has already been dubbed. The oak episode too. But thats all I know. :/

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Again, if you don't write, they won't do anything.

That special is made to "test-drive" the new voices. If there is a bad enough outcry about how horrible those voices are in the special airing on April 29th, they may reconsider and use the 4kids ones for Season 9:

Pokémon USA, Inc. (HQ Offices)
400 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017

Write letters to them! E-mails will just be deleted...hand written letters have stronger approaches.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
CyberCubed said:
Again, if you don't write, they won't do anything.

That special is made to "test-drive" the new voices. If there is a bad enough outcry about how horrible those voices are in the special airing on April 29th, they may reconsider and use the 4kids ones for Season 9:

Pokémon USA, Inc. (HQ Offices)
400 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017

Write letters to them! E-mails will just be deleted...hand written letters have stronger approaches.

Yes, everyone please write into them. Keep doing it like every week and send the letters. We cant let them ruin Pokémon with new VA's!

~Scott;229;

E

Ethereal

CyberCubed, we get it. You don't need to CONSTANTLY repost the mailing address. Please. We DO get it. ._.

Anyways, this does suck. I've never had a problem with 4Kids, and it'll suck if they do leave. Then again, I mainly watch the Japanese episodes, so meh.

Rufinito18

mE Entertainment
MidnightScott said:
Yes, everyone please write into them. Keep doing it like every week and send the letters. We cant let them ruin Pokémon with new VA's!

~Scott;229;
Hell yea!

*points at sig*

Put it in ur sig every1!!!!

and...how about we start a petition at petition online , then lets add al the letters, and ppl email them/ send them printed copies of the petition.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I don't see how they can think people won't care about the voice changes... I mean, Pokemon's been such a huge craze for such a long time, you'd think those suits would have the common sense to realize people have gotten pretty dang used to the voices we've been hearing for years on end. :/ Sure, 4Kids isn't perfect with voice roles, but no one's going to give all the perfect voices. Even James' voice, for example, was good in the beginning. There's no way a change in all the voice actors will be worth it.

Of course, on the other hand, I admit it would be interesting to hear new voices and music and style of dubbing the show. But overall it's still not worth it, so I'll pull out my pen and paper and postal stamps as soon as I get around to it. :p

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Here too. Seriously, a change comes and you people act like it's the end of the world. You people seriously need to read "Who Moved My Cheese". I think you could learn from it.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Rufinito18 said:
Hell yea!

*points at sig*

Put it in ur sig every1!!!!

and...how about we start a petition at petition online , then lets add al the letters, and ppl email them/ send them printed copies of the petition.
Online petitions suck. The most you'll get that way is a fit of laughter from random people who find it while surfing around.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
The Big Al said:
Here too. Seriously, a change comes and you people act like it's the end of the world. You people seriously need to read "Who Moved My Cheese". I think you could learn from it.
Agreed.

Y'know, before sending off a metric ton's worth of handwritten complaints, shouldn't you people at least wait until after the special airs to pass judgement on PUSA's way of handling the show? What's the point in condeming these people when you have no idea what they're capable of?

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
The Big Al said:

If you aren't here to support then don't post in this thread, thanks.

I'm gonna begin to write letters. This should be a joint-venture. Everyone who cares about this should voice your opinion by writing a letter to them.

I do agree with CyberCubed - it does seem like the 10th Anniversary Special is being used to "test-drive" the new voices.

~Scott;229;

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Gravy said:
Agreed.

Y'know, before sending off a metric ton's worth of handwritten complaints, shouldn't you people at least wait until after the special airs to pass judgement on PUSA's way of handling the show? What's the point in condeming these people when you have no idea what they're capable of?

The special airs April 29th, after that it'll be a little too late. They'll have to dub Season 9 months in advance to get it ready for it's September debut.

Besides, we know these new voice actors are only trying to "imitate" the old ones. In other words, we'll have people trying to sound like the old ones, only sounding completely off.

Writing NOW is the best bet.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Gravy said:
Um... the whole point is that people don't want knew voices. Sure, they could be good, but they won't be the voices we got used to all these years.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Kamex said:
Um... the whole point is that people don't want knew voices. Sure, they could be good, but they won't be the voices we got used to all these years.
Well, it's been stated that the company is making an attempt in hiring VAs who are capable of imitating the current voices. So...umm..yeah, my point still stands. For all we know, they could pull off the voices and do a much better job of it~

Status
Not open for further replies.