• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon IS going to be Recasted...-_-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Gah! You people are driving me crazy. You've basically written the history of the dub through next year and we're still a month out.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Oh well - atleast at Pocketmonsters everyone cares. All I can say is that if its driving you nuts then don't come read or post in the topic...

Anyway - we have already begun comprising a letter that everyone can print off and send in.

~Scott;229;

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Here's a good template. Happens to be the letter I sent.

Hello,

I am a longtime fan of the "Pokémon" television series, and I am utterly disgusted and dismayed that you have made the decision to recast the entire voice cast from top to bottom. This is disrespectful to those like me who've stuck it out with you over these past ten years, and even moreso to the hard working actors whose voices you have decided to needlessly cast away. In the places of truly talented people like Veronica Taylor and Eric Stuart, we will get 'sound-alikes.'

Please reconsider this terrible decision, and avert disaster for one of the best TV shows on the air.

Change/alter/disregard as you will.

Torchic23

gee that's swell
I'll write! I wanna make sure this doesn't happen! Everyone should write! Do you wanna see Veronica Taylor leave?!? Then start writing! It's up to the poke fans now!

E

Ethereal

mangod/pikachu said:
I literally feel like I'm about to cry. That's how deep it is and how much these voice actors have grown on me. *tear*
*checks profile*

You're 16, and you're crying over a cartoon that will STILL AIR HERE, but is just going through some changes, as most cartoons do? It's NOT that serious. Really. It isn't. :<

As a few others have said, in two years, you'll not give a damn that these are new people. :/

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I don't get it. Some people refuse to see anything but a bunch of whining slobs who just complain for the hell of it. Is it all that far out of the range of possibility that some of us actually feel bad for the people on the real losing end of this, those who are losing their jobs? Sure the show will go on. But this group has been doing it for all eight, soon nine seasons. They've seen the highs, the lows, and everything in between. These people know how these characters should be. They know the personalities. They've honed the voices. I see no reason why it was absolutely needed to replace them.

Go ahead and flame me, anyone who disagrees. But I will stand for what I believe in, even if I'm alone in doing so.

Alfonso

Derpgull
seizureman said:
Um, sorry to see you upset as I am myself, but a bunch of hatemail won't change Pokemon USA's mind.

If people are stupid, they'll send hate mail. If people are smart, they'll go about this in an INTELLIGENT manner that will convince them to change their minds. Even if they do do a better job, simply disregarding the people who have worked on the show for so long is extremely cold and a sign of things to come, in my opinion. Nevermind the fans, as long as it's cheap it's okay.

We aren't getting better voices, we're getting knockoffs. Knockoffs of what a lot of people don't like. I'd rather have the original, thanks.

If I had each VAs e-mail I'd thank them personally. I'm... shocked and saddened that the voices I've heard for the past 8 years are being booted off. I went through my teen years hearing them.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I've disagreed with you in the past, Alfonso, but damn..........you just summed up my feelings on the whole.

They could use a calm voice like you in the chatroom right about now.....*dies*

Arrow

The Southern Cross
I think that if this many people feel that strongly about it, maybe we should do something. Add my name in your little letter thing.

Kabuto

little punks!
Yes, but Pokemon USA still won't care about people that are sad. They are like many people, want money and care about nothing else.

Dark Butterfly

Has left SppFail
WHAT!?!....but why am not I surprised?

-sigh-

Leave it to 4kids to butcher a show more butchered then it already is ¬_¬ why do i have the feeling more name changes will take place? well if it turns out like Tokyo Mew Mew or as they call it "Mew Mew Power" I'm not gonna be surprised

Dark Butterfly

Has left SppFail
seizureman said:
Yes, but Pokemon USA still won't care about people that are sad. They are like many people, want money and care about nothing else.

*nods* exatly if its a half assed job but makes lots of $$$ they could care less

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Actually, we will care. The voice actors have done a great job - they are professionals who put life into their characters. Imitations wont be enough to please any fan of the show - if they replace the VA's - they wont just be hurting the VA's, but the fans as well.

Thanks for voicing your opinion Alfonso. :D - I'll PM you two of the VA's emails.

~Scott;229;

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Why in the world was this moved to the spoilers section? What do new voices and Pokemon USA have to do with spoilers?

Dark Butterfly said:
Leave it to 4kids to butcher a show more butchered then it already is ¬_¬

Pokemon USA has control of the rights, 4kids has no control over it anymoe.

As for butchered? You mean a show that was 90% uncut and accurate to the original? Bar Pokemon Chronicles and the Movie 1 and 5 dubs, the Pokemon dub was excellent.

why do i have the feeling more name changes will take place? well if it turns out like Tokyo Mew Mew or as they call it "Mew Mew Power" I'm not gonna be surprised

Uh, Nintendo will keep all the names 4kids gave the characters. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. The filler characters will still be given "American" names, because that's what Nintendo and Pokemon USA want.

As for the topic, no I do not want May sounding like some generic female character, as opposed to the excellent voice Veronica Taylor gave her. I do not want Jessie sounding terrible either, probably the second best voice in the show.

I do not want all 386 Pokemon sounding differnetly, especially the Pokemon in the main group that the main characters have.

This brings back bad memories of the DBZ Season 3 dub. The horror.

Status
Not open for further replies.