• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon IS going to be Recasted...-_-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hidden Mew

Fog Trainer
I'm confused now. Is the "Save the Dub" effort over? I hope not. Did Pokemon USA make an offical annocuments for about this whole thing?

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
Hidden Mew said:
I'm confused now. Is the "Save the Dub" effort over? I hope not. Did Pokemon USA make an offical annocuments for about this whole thing?

No, but even if they do then it doesn't matter. We can campaign whilst season 9 is airing if thats the case.

Hidden Mew

Fog Trainer
kaibachaoschampion said:
No, but even if they do then it doesn't matter. We can campaign whilst season 9 is airing if thats the case.

That's good. I haven't had time to write my letter and my e-mails until today. Some of the other posts where people were giving up and wanting to close the thread really got me nervous. Thanks for the information.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
I can always just delete the thread myself if I please ;x.

Anyways, who knows anymore.

~Scott;229;

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
We may as well just give up, sad to say. PUSA's clearly dug into its position and couldn't care less what anyone thinks. Not only that, the diehard apologists (the ones who demonize the last eight seasons because of one Trainer's Choice error, a certain bad edit, and a poorly dubbed special that took a year to make it here) are dead-set on terrorizing anyone who comes out against the new voices---and once a system of attack against anyone with a certain opinion is in place, it'll just get worse and worse. They'll just call us all hypocrites, which is funny because they all said not to judge until after Mastermind aired and now that it has and the world sees PUSA can't handle this job to save their lives, they tell us to shut up until the next season airs. What's next? "Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea"'s US release? Season 10? Helllllllllo, Hypocrisy City.......

It's finished, over and done with, kaput. SOVA has failed.

Captain Brain

The Great Butler said:
We may as well just give up, sad to say. PUSA's clearly dug into its position and couldn't care less what anyone thinks. Not only that, the diehard apologists (the ones who demonize the last eight seasons because of one Trainer's Choice error, a certain bad edit, and a poorly dubbed special that took a year to make it here) are dead-set on terrorizing anyone who comes out against the new voices---and once a system of attack against anyone with a certain opinion is in place, it'll just get worse and worse. They'll just call us all hypocrites, which is funny because they all said not to judge until after Mastermind aired and now that it has and the world sees PUSA can't handle this job to save their lives, they tell us to shut up until the next season airs. What's next? "Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea"'s US release? Season 10? Helllllllllo, Hypocrisy City.......

It has not failed. Look at the DVD release of season 1. They gave us what we want PUSA is more than the new dubbing co. They run Pokemon. If this release shows nothing else than the fact that they do care I am satisfied. It just takes more persistence, so buck and keep sending those letters. ;025;

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
The Great Butler said:

NO. SOVA has not failed. We have also "dug into position." We need to keep trying, giving up doesn't get us anywhere. If we keep campaigning we can get somewhere because theres always a chance. If we don't for Season 9 then we can keep campaigning for season 10 and a rebud of season 9. They can "not care" all they want, the boycotting will start and there goes a ton of their money. Theres proof that they are listening too, look at the Pokemon.com article. You have proof right there. Maybe it is proof that they don't care that much, but there listening and thats what we need to win. If they stop listening then the boycotting will force them to listen. Its not over until the death of everyone who supports the SOVA campaign, that is when we fail. There is a chance until then.

AtoMan

Restoring the Kanto
Well, but have you all noticed that the PUSA dub cast for Season 9 will be DIFFERENT than the one from Mastermind Special? They really decided to change something, but it would be too expensive now. They FOR SURE are dubbing it now, and won't change everything.

And it's possible that original cast was too busy, and PUSA wanted to speed-up the dubbing process? Beacuse USA don't need to be whole year after Japan...

Omega Pirate

shove it up ya bum!
Can I just say (It's a bit late, but the Mastermind special hasn't aired in Asitralia yet) that I watched part of the Mastermind special on YouTube and the voices were terrible. When I first heard Ash's voice when he's reading that letter I nearly threw up. I only watched up until they get to the castle and couldn't stand it any longer.

Chris

Old Coot
I hope you folks realize that by the time Season 9 starts airing, it'll be quite too late. By that time, they'll have sent a good batch of episodes to the network to air while they work on more episodes. Changes during the middle of production due to fan response hardly ever occur in a show.

Hidden Mew

Fog Trainer
kaibachaoschampion said:
NO. SOVA has not failed. We have also "dug into position." We need to keep trying, giving up doesn't get us anywhere. If we keep campaigning we can get somewhere because theres always a chance. If we don't for Season 9 then we can keep campaigning for season 10 and a rebud of season 9. They can "not care" all they want, the boycotting will start and there goes a ton of their money. Theres proof that they are listening too, look at the Pokemon.com article. You have proof right there. Maybe it is proof that they don't care that much, but there listening and thats what we need to win. If they stop listening then the boycotting will force them to listen. Its not over until the death of everyone who supports the SOVA campaign, that is when we fail. There is a chance until then.

Once again, I agree with you. In my e-mails to those officials at Cartoon Network and in my letter, I also mentioned how the boycott would cost them a large sum of their profits. I also like this attitude in the campaign. If this doesn't work for season nine, then there's always season ten at least. Hopefully a redub of season nine if that's the case. This also helps me to think that my letters and e-mails aren't for nothing.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Well, for anyone even THINKING about giving up, this is what Pie recently said on the SOVA thread in the Bulbagarden forums.

Pie said:
First, I'm not sure if we can say all has been said and done quite yet, because unless I've missed something, things as we know it are still up in the air. But I do agree that we should be looking long-term right now. I think we can keep the banner flying for a whole year. Maybe I'm a dreamer - but if you can't believe you can do something, then you won't. Ambition is a key ingredient for success.
I completely agree with her. ^^

I mean, there's been no news concerning anything lately, and like Pie said the last thing we heard was that everything was still "up in the air" for season 9, so please don't give up hope yet for season 9! We still have time left to save it if we work fast enough everyone!

Also, I should also mention that Neku (another member at BMGf) mentioned in the SOVA thread that she thought SOVA should try to reach out to:

MySpace

and

to Slayers fans so we can get them interested in this too, since 3 of the VAs that we're trying to save worked on that show as well.

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
Edward Elric said:
I hope you folks realize that by the time Season 9 starts airing, it'll be quite too late. By that time, they'll have sent a good batch of episodes to the network to air while they work on more episodes. Changes during the middle of production due to fan response hardly ever occur in a show.

Its never too late. I don't know how many times i've explained this. But to put it in short because I don't feel like writing it out again as I constantly seem to. We havn't lost until we give up, we can do it if we keep trying.

Hidden Mew said:
Once again, I agree with you. In my e-mails to those officials at Cartoon Network and in my letter, I also mentioned how the boycott would cost them a large sum of their profits. I also like this attitude in the campaign. If this doesn't work for season nine, then there's always season ten at least. Hopefully a redub of season nine if that's the case. This also helps me to think that my letters and e-mails aren't for nothing.

Yes, definitely. We can't lose as long as we keep trying.

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Well, for anyone even THINKING about giving up, this is what Pie recently said on the SOVA thread in the Bulbagarden forums.

I completely agree with her. ^^

Pies words are very true.

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
I mean, there's been no news concerning anything lately, and like Pie said the last thing we heard was that everything was still "up in the air" for season 9, so please don't give up hope yet for season 9! We still have time left to save it if we work fast enough everyone!

Indeed, we never need to give up for season 9 either. This is no confirmation of contracts being signed. Even if their was thate when the season 10 and season 9 redub campaign starts.

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Also, I should also mention that Neku (another member at BMGf) mentioned in the SOVA thread that she thought SOVA should try to reach out to:

MySpace

Yes, that a great idea. MySpace is a great idea, there are loads of people there.

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
to Slayers fans so we can get them interested in this too, since 3 of the VAs that we're trying to save worked on that show as well.

Sorry, I don't watch Slayers. Did the VAs for that get changed then? :S

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
No, kaibachaoschampion.

And I've never seen Slayers either.

But, I found out from Neku on Bulbagarden that 3 of the voice actors who we're trying to save actually worked on Slayers: Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart, and Rachel Lillis (I think).

So, I believe that if we managed to get support for SOVA from the Slayers fans, they might actually help send letters and write emails to help the voice actors they know and love (even if they don't watch or like Pokemon anymore).

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
PokemonTrainerLisa said:
No, kaibachaoschampion.

And I've never seen Slayers either.

But, I found out from Neku on Bulbagarden that 3 of the voice actors who we're trying to save actually worked on Slayers: Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart, and Rachel Lillis (I think).

So, I believe that if we managed to get support for SOVA from the Slayers fans, they might actually help send letters and write emails to help the voice actors they know and love (even if they don't watch or like Pokemon anymore).

Yeah, good idea. I didn't know that, it should be worth it :D

Captain Brain

Has PUSA even started dubbing season nine? What about the apparent move to please the fans with the first season on DVD and the Chronicles in the US? Dose it mean anything? ;025;

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Well, Captain Brain, I have no idea whether Pokemon USA has started dubbing season 9 yet......

But, actually, with these two things they've done for us:

1. The first season coming to DVD, finally

2. Pokemon Chronicles finally airing in the U.S.

It sounds to me like they are actually trying their best to give the fans what they want. O.O

And also, with the two of the above things happening, maybe this is just me, but it sounds like they're trying to tell us that they like the original voice cast and that they want them back as much as we do. I wonder if this means that they're trying to get the VAs back for us?

I don't really know about that, but with Pokemon USA doing those two great things for us, it seems like they're definitely trying to give us what we want. And one of the main things that fans want right now is all the original voice actors back.

I sure hope that Pokemon USA knows that we want the VAs back very badly. And I really do believe that if we keep up the SOVA campaign and everything, we could actually accomplish this near impossible task.

AtoMan

Restoring the Kanto
Bulls**t.

Captain Brain said:
Has PUSA even started dubbing season nine? What about the apparent move to please the fans with the first season on DVD and the Chronicles in the US? Dose it mean anything? ;025;

OF COURSE they started. Do you think they dub episodes a day before they air? NO. When the season starts, most of it (if not all) is dubbed.

Chronicles, Indigo Boxset... PUSA did what USA fans were waiting for, but i think it was made to fans forget about SOVA action. Chronicles would be aired on CN sooner or later, as they had the rights for it. S1 boxset... kinda obvious. But as i sait on Bulbagarden, there would be no reason to redub whole already dubbed season - unless all taped with it were destroyed. It costs too much.

Hidden Mew

Fog Trainer
PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Well, Captain Brain, I have no idea whether Pokemon USA has started dubbing season 9 yet......

But, actually, with these two things they've done for us:

1. The first season coming to DVD, finally

2. Pokemon Chronicles finally airing in the U.S.

It sounds to me like they are actually trying their best to give the fans what they want. O.O

And also, with the two of the above things happening, maybe this is just me, but it sounds like they're trying to tell us that they like the original voice cast and that they want them back as much as we do. I wonder if this means that they're trying to get the VAs back for us?

I don't really know about that, but with Pokemon USA doing those two great things for us, it seems like they're definitely trying to give us what we want. And one of the main things that fans want right now is all the original voice actors back.

I sure hope that Pokemon USA knows that we want the VAs back very badly. And I really do believe that if we keep up the SOVA campaign and everything, we could actually accomplish this near impossible task.

So Pokemon USA has done two things right. That's good. I hope that they want to give fans what we want too. I'm a bit confused about the dubbing on season nine. Wouldn't it be necessary for them to first find a channel to air the season? As far as I know, they're still discussing with officials at Cartoon Network to play that season on their lineup. Also, wouldn't they have already annouced working on that season anyway? I might be just mixed up on how this all works. Besides, I'm still hoping that they'll listen to us before they baiscally kill the show. In other words, I'm still going to send letters and e-mails as much as I can. On a quick note, I think going onto MySpace and Slayers would be a great idea. There are a ton of people on both of them and that might help us out.

Captain Brain

Hidden Mew said:
So Pokemon USA has done two things right. That's good. I hope that they want to give fans what we want too. I'm a bit confused about the dubbing on season nine. Wouldn't it be necessary for them to first find a channel to air the season? As far as I know, they're still discussing with officials at Cartoon Network to play that season on their lineup. Also, wouldn't they have already annouced working on that season anyway? I might be just mixed up on how this all works. Besides, I'm still hoping that they'll listen to us before they baiscally kill the show. In other words, I'm still going to send letters and e-mails as much as I can. On a quick note, I think going onto MySpace and Slayers would be a great idea. There are a ton of people on both of them and that might help us out.

In regards to the working on the show part. There are many things which need to be done least of which is the dubbing, this includes cutting, lip changes, etc. However, if I have my facts right, dubbing is one of the last things they need to do. ;025;

Status
Not open for further replies.