• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon IS going to be Recasted...-_-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtoMan

Restoring the Kanto
Cutting? Not neccessary.
Lip changes? No.

ONLY thing they need to do is make new opening theme and video, think about new eyecatchers, make repainted title screen, and think about changing some BGMs (especially the songs). And pure dubbing, which not takes too long...

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
AtoMan said:
OF COURSE they started. Do you think they dub episodes a day before they air? NO. When the season starts, most of it (if not all) is dubbed.

I would have to disagree as about a month ago when I emailed Veronica Taylor she said they had only just finished dubbing the few last episodes of the 8th Season. Get your facts straight next time.

For one those negotiations between Cartoon Network and PUSA were just about airing Chronicles (I mean most likely just that - but who knows?)

Well, giving us the 1st DVD Boxset and Chronicles is probably just one of their "hush-hush" schemes to keep us all quiet about that horrid thing they called a Pokémon 10th Anniversary Special.

All I can say is that Chronicles wasn't even done by the same team that does the actual show - the Legend of Thunder was the worst >_>;

Anyways - they better let us know soon what their plans are (I hope they keep the Old VA's - those new ones totally sucked (and I don't care if I'm being "mean" or "selfish" Edward Elric)

~Scott;229;

RandomCharizard

MidnightScott said:
I would have to disagree as about a month ago when I emailed Veronica Taylor she said they had only just finished dubbing the few last episodes of the 8th Season. Get your facts straight next time.

For one those negotiations between Cartoon Network and PUSA were just about airing Chronicles (I mean most likely just that - but who knows?)

Well, giving us the 1st DVD Boxset and Chronicles is probably just one of their "hush-hush" schemes to keep us all quiet about that horrid thing they called a Pokémon 10th Anniversary Special.

All I can say is that Chronicles wasn't even done by the same team that does the actual show - the Legend of Thunder was the worst >_>;

Anyways - they better let us know soon what their plans are (I hope they keep the Old VA's - those new ones totally sucked (and I don't care if I'm being "mean" or "selfish" Edward Elric)

~Scott;229;
You're not, you're being a dick.
The Mirage Special was FAR better than the Raikou special. (dubbed)
Why dont you give it up? The only people that are supporting SOVA now are the lame *** ones that hated the VAs before they heard them.

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
RandomCharizard said:
You're not, you're being a dick.
The Mirage Special was FAR better than the Raikou special. (dubbed)
Why dont you give it up? The only people that are supporting SOVA now are the lame *** ones that hated the VAs before they heard them.

Oh really? Were lame are we. You may think what youy wish but I will never give up. I see quitters as pathetic. If you don't believe you can do something then you won't do it. I'll never give up and I hope that the other people supporting SOVA won't either. The day I die is the day I stop supporting SOVA. Besides that I have never hated the new VAs. I just hate the fact that they are working with Pokémon, I have nothing against them other than that. I gave them a fair chance, especially when I saw the trailer for the special. I was kind of in releif then because Ashs scream in the trailer sounded like Veronicas Ash a lot. So I went to watch the special thinking that they would be ok. How wrong was I? Next I would like to say that I liked the Raikou dubbed special better than Mirage. But I like The Mirage special better than the Raikou special. I liked the Raikou special better because the VAs (Other than Jackson/Vincent) were good to hear and I can handle one VA change as long as that one va isn't too different and being that Jackson doens't really appear often I didn't mind. The reason I like Mirage better is the way that it was edited, so Mirage is better in that respect. But viewability? I think the Raikou special because I regard voices as the most important think in a show. Sometimes music doesn't really play in the original soundtrack so thats proof that music isn't as important. Characters speak more. That me reasoning in that respect and another reason why we should never give up hope in SOVA.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
RandomCharizard said:
The only people that are supporting SOVA now are the lame *** ones that hated the VAs before they heard them.
Actually, RandomCharizard, most of the people working on the SOVA campaign (including me) really love and care for the voice actors for Pokemon, and that is why we want them to continue working on the show.

And even though I was one of those people who knew they were gonna hate the new VAs before they heard them, I was proved right about that after I saw the special.

So, my question to you and everyone else against the SOVA campaign is, what is the problem with people fighting for a good cause, and trying to get something back that they cared about?

In my opinion, I see no harm in this. So, yeah, the people who dislike/hate SOVA can do all the complaining and bashing they want, but those of us who are determined campaigners are not going to give up, not ever.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I love how blatant flames are allowed here.........

On topic, I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that SOVA will fail if it hasn't already. All I know is PUSA sure did a good job on one thing---driving away a longtime fan.

I still support the cause, but my enthusiasm for it is all but shot....

RandomCharizard

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Actually, RandomCharizard, most of the people working on the SOVA campaign (including me) really love and care for the voice actors for Pokemon, and that is why we want them to continue working on the show.

And even though I was one of those people who knew they were gonna hate the new VAs before they heard them, I was proved right about that after I saw the special.

So, my question to you and everyone else against the SOVA campaign is, what is the problem with people fighting for a good cause, and trying to get something back that they cared about?

In my opinion, I see no harm in this. So, yeah, the people who dislike/hate SOVA can do all the complaining and bashing they want, but those of us who are determined campaigners are not going to give up, not ever.
Because. ITS POINTLESS. No matter what, it simply WILL NOT happen. Its over for the SOVA campaign. If Veronica Taylor WAS approached and didnt want to do the old Ash, then NONE OF THE VAs WILL DO THE OTHERS. Get that through your damn skulls. The SOVA campaign wasnt all that pointless before, but now that Veronica didnt accept... its defitnetly over. What makes you think PUSA will approach them again? If 1 of them wont accept, none of them will.
The SOVA campaign has failed. You will not get your precious VAs back. No matter how much you want it. It took 1 person to end it. And that person was Veronica Taylor, YOUR PRECIOUS VERONICA TAYLOR! Sorry to break your little fantasy world where it somehow will turn out best for the SOVA campaign.

As for my last post, pardon me for insulting you guys but I've had it with Scott and his bashing against new VAs.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
That isn't good.

I mean, SOVA really needs all the help it can get.

Especially now when everything involving the campaign, such as the letter writing and email sending, has slowed down greatly (due to a severe lack of information regarding the VA situation).

But, even so, me and the other members of SOVA who are on Bulbagarden are not giving up yet. None of us at BMGf have even thought about giving up. We are all determined enough to go on, and we have enough confidence that we will succeed to continue campaigning until Pokemon USA realize what mistake they've made and correct that mistake.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
I'm all for the SOVA campaign, RC. I agree with you though - I am a dick. But atleast I have the balls to back myself up unlike you.

I'm gonna laugh in your face when the old VA's get their jobs back ;)

All we can do is keep on trying and wait for PUSA to make some kind of statement(if they bother to even do that).

~Scott;229;

Last edited:

plasticeye87

Can you see me?
Well after sending a couple of emails and physical letters I'm going to send some more until this wrong is righted I don't what people think I'm never giving up like Galaxy Quest says "Never give never surrender!!!"

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Well, MidnightScott, since you mentioned Pokemon USA making a statement, when I go to JAA this coming Saturday (which is about 6 days from now), hopefully I can get the chance to talk to someone at Pokemon USA, regarding the anime and the VA situation.

If I do, I will ask them as many questions as I can think of. And when I get the answers, after JAA is over, I will post them on here.

Sure, some employess at JAA might not know very much about anything, or even be high enough at Pokemon USA to know anything. But, I figure if I talk to the right person, I will be able to get that kind of information from them.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Well I don't believe anyone working at the JAA Tournaments will know to be honest. They just look like Volunteers is all to me.

I doubt anyone knows but all you can do is try. Good Luck! ^_^

~Scott;229;

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Thanks, Scott!! ^^

Yeah, I won't ask one of the volunteer people, lol. XD

I plan on going to the area where they show the preview clips from the 8th movie, and hopefully they'll have someone working there who knows all about what's going on with the anime right now, especially regarding the VA situation.

It's definitely possible that they'll have someone working there who knows that kinda stuff, because I'm sure that Pokemon USA knows the fans are gonna be asking them A LOT of questions about the VA situation and stuff. So, they should have someone there who can actually answer those questions.

A

aladdino

i feel weird with the new voices theye well........not the characters

RandomCharizard

MidnightScott said:
I'm all for the SOVA campaign, RC. I agree with you though - I am a dick. And I dont have the balls to back myself up unlike you.

I'm gonna laugh iat my face when the old VA's dont get their jobs back ;)

All we can do is keep stop and wait for PUSA to make some kind of statement(if they bother to even do that).

~Scott;229;
Edited for the good of the truth.
Please give me reasons why you should keep on with the SOVA Campaign.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Why don't you just stop being the little ***** you are and get a life? We don't need your *****ing over the SOVA campaign, so **** off.

Anyways,

Lisa - let me know as soon as you get back on a computer! Have fun :)

~Scott;229;

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Sure Scott, I will definitely let you know about everything as soon as I get on a computer. ^^

RandomCharizard said:

Please give me reasons why you should keep on with the SOVA Campaign.
1. Because WE actually care about the VAs, and we want them to get their jobs back on Pokemon just as much as they themselves want that.

2. If we continue on with the campaign, it's good for both the new VAs and the original VAs, because of the fact that people writing letters and them reading them, will only help Pokemon USA out in the end. And what's wrong with helping out the company that owns Pokemon right now?

3. If SOVA succeeds, it will just prove that the Pokemon fans DO have a voice, and if we prove it to them, we can accomplish just about anything.

4. If the SOVA campaign fails, we will just know that we tried our best to do this and have the satisfaction of having fought for something that we wanted so badly. Also, in the event that SOVA fails, people will still be campaigning for things like a redub of season 9, and to get the VAs back for season 10.

5. With all this campaigning, Pokemon USA is sure to realize sooner or later that one of the things fans of the anime want more than anything is the original voice actors working on the show again.

plasticeye87

Can you see me?
PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Sure Scott, I will definitely let you know about everything as soon as I get on a computer. ^^

1. Because WE actually care about the VAs, and we want them to get their jobs back on Pokemon just as much as they themselves want that.

2. If we continue on with the campaign, it's good for both the new VAs and the original VAs, because of the fact that people writing letters and them reading them, will only help Pokemon USA out in the end. And what's wrong with helping out the company that owns Pokemon right now?

3. If SOVA succeeds, it will just prove that the Pokemon fans DO have a voice, and if we prove it to them, we can accomplish just about anything.

4. If the SOVA campaign fails, we will just know that we tried our best to do this and have the satisfaction of having fought for something that we wanted so badly. Also, in the event that SOVA fails, people will still be campaigning for things like a redub of season 9, and to get the VAs back for season 10.

5. With all this campaigning, Pokemon USA is sure to realize sooner or later that one of the things fans of the anime want more than anything is the original voice actors working on the show again.
She has a point shows like Family guy or Kim Possible were doomed but a little fan buzz and some strong sales of their original merchandise and wouldn't you know it they're back!! If those shows could do it and those are cult classics surely something mainstream like Pokemon shouldn't even have a problem doing this..:D :D

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
plasticeye87 said:
She has a point shows like Family guy or Kim Possible were doomed but a little fan buzz and some strong sales of their original merchandise and wouldn't you know it they're back!! If those shows could do it and those are cult classics surely something mainstream like Pokemon shouldn't even have a problem doing this..:D :D

THANKYOU. See, we can get what we want maybe by submitting to buying their DVD's and watching Chronicle's. :D

~Scott;229;

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
plasticeye87 said:

You know what? You're dead right, and I feel very foolish for not realizing this sooner.

Everyone in SOVA: don't watch the dub, but continue sending in those letters! And also, watch Chronicles and buy Pokémon merchandise. All we need to do is keep the pressure on them regarding the voices while showing that we still care about the franchise, and we might actually be able to pull this off!

Thanks, plasticeye. This really brought my spirits up. I owe you one.

Status
Not open for further replies.