1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon IS going to be Recasted...-_-;

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by MidnightScott, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyuu

Hyuu Under the sea

The recasts suck and really grit at my ears ):

I have to support MidnightScott and Plasticeye's side and the way I see it; if nobody voices their opinion, than nothing changes. Either way, since you won't get arrested or anything for saying your opinion, than just take the time to continue fighting.

I think the Veronica Taylor/4Kids dub are still showing on Cartoon Network and... I forgot what the channel that shows it on early morning was called -_- So right now, let's not say anything about majority until the PUSA dubs show and the rating changes are revealed. Saying things with no definite value to either side doesn't support your arguement well.

2. plasticeye87

plasticeye87 Can you see me?

Good idea for now let's keep sending our letters and see what happens with the new dub. Remember patience is a virtue and sometimes it's wise to bide our time.....;202; ;202; ;360; ;360;

3. PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa Veronica Taylor fan

Oh. ^^

Hehe, lol. XD

No wonder I was confused. XD XD

4. shadowofdreams

shadowofdreams SEXAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pokemon usa is EVIL! EVIL I TELL YOU!

5. Matt`

Matt` r u srs?

There's a difference between a show getting canceled and a show getting their voices changed.

I don't really see the point of this. It won't do any good.
    You can keep on trying to get the voices back, though, it's not going to happen.

6. MidnightScott

MidnightScott Super Gamer

Don't you think I would realize the difference? I'm not like you, I think about what I'm saying before I say it ;x

Take your negativity and leave.

And since when do you have the right to tell us it's not going to happen? You don't, so shut it.

~Scott;229;

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  7. PokemonTrainerLisa

Yeah, I hate it when all people do is assume......

And they always assume the worst too. :(

Why does everyone have to be so negative around here?

It's almost as if there's hardly any positive or optimistic people here (I mean, besides me and some other people).

8. Matt`

Matt` r u srs?

I have the right to tell you it most likely will not happen. I might be wrong. I might be right.
    You don't have to listen to me.

Go right ahead and continue your campaign to get the voices back.
    My Opinion: I don't think it will do any good.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  9. Ash's Pika Pal

Ash's Pika Pal some have to let go

It is better to try then to not try at all! Don't be so negative, that is what ruins good things, being negative. Have at least a little faith in us and S.O.V.A. If all of us try hard enough, the campaign will come through. And Pokemon will be back to the way it used to be and is supposed to be, with the original voice actors.

10. Heracross

Heracross Custom User Title

There is a difference between being negative and being realistic. Whether or not you guys choose to continue is entirely your own business, but the fact is things are not looking good for your campaign.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  11. Hidden Mew

Hidden Mew Fog Trainer

Maybe some people's "realistic" point of view sounds too negative for others? I don't know. I feel a bit of negativity about how this campaign isn't going so well, but I'm still hopefull. As I read on, I absorb the negative energy, but that's just how I am. We are the fans, the source of their profits. Without us, they lose money. Fans do have power over what they watch. I know that there are people outside of this board, as well as some here, that support this campaign still. If you don't think its working, then okay. Its your opinion and everyone has a right to their opinions. I try and respect those opinions as well.

12. Fire_Fan

Fire_Fan Watch me burn..

*screams*

Noooo... I am truley going miss Veronica and Rachel they really made Misty and Ash's vocies and I know for one I loved how they made Ash and Misty.

I am in netrual mood I'm neither hopeful or agaisnt this I will just hope they come to thier senses and see Veronica and crew made Pokemon .

But if it happens I will accepte Pokemon as I am not one to base a show by voices.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  13. The Power of Pika

The Power of Pika Way Past Cool!!

Though there's negativity on both sides and no sees this. I mean you got the negative on the ones who say it won't work but there's negativity on the other side. Anyone remember the 5 sentences.

"What if the new VA's never improve"
    "I will never get use to the new VA's"
    "The new season is going to be the worst season if the new VA's do it"
    "the show is going to die if the new VA's do season 9"
    "The show is going to lose ratings if the show goes through with the new VA's"

Those are negative vibes aswell. Though the negativity is against the new VA's. If people didn't improve we wouldn't have cartoons at all because even the old VA's would still be bad. Do you understand what I'm saying.

Now here's what's positive.
    "We are going to win"
    "The old VA's will come back if we keep pressuring PUSA"

On the other side.
    "The new VA's will improve over time"
    "They weren't that bad"

Both sides are throwing negatives and positives. The same things can be said for both sides.

14. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

I have noticed that when you ask the strongest anti-SOVA'ers why they hold their positions as they do, you either hear about Eric Stuart or a multitude of completely irrelevant things like the sandwich or the Trainer's Choice mistake. So if you think about it, really, there's not much they have aside from the shared hatred of Stuart's James voice---which is why you constantly hear about totally irrelevant things in this debate.

15. Ash's Pika Pal

Ash's Pika Pal some have to let go

But, what if the new voice actors don't improve,then Pokemon will be out of luck. Now if the original voice actors do come back, we won't have anything to worry about.And it won't be risking Pokemon with the original voice actors,but it will be a very big risk with the new voice actors. That's why we have to keep trying. The people who are supporting S.O.V.A are the ones who are keeping this whole thing strong. Not the people who are not supporting S.O.V.A, remember that.

16. Heracross

Heracross Custom User Title

Irrelevant to the voice actors, yes, but some people seem to think that the animé should actually go back to 4Kids, which is where the other arguments come into play.

17. PokemonTrainerLisa

And then again, there's the majority of the people working on SOVA, who are like me. These people do not care whether Pokemon stays with Pokemon USA or it goes back to 4Kids, all we care about is getting the original voice actors back. :)

So yeah, with that you have yet another side and view on this whole thing.

And that's another reason why I get so confused with this VA situation. There's just too many different sides, and too many people involved. It's very confusing indeed.

People Involved - Including Companies, VAs, and Fans:

- New voice actors

- Original voice actors

- 4Kids

- Pokemon USA

- Fans Supporting SOVA, Who Just Want The Original VAs Back

- Fans Against SOVA

- Fans Against Pokemon Going Back To 4Kids

- Fans Against Pokemon Staying With Pokemon USA

- Fans Neutral Towards Everything

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  18. Shift

Shift I'll learn you good!

I suppose I'm more or less a member of the last group. I mean, I sure don't want 4Kids messing with it anymore, but on the actor front, I'd pretty much neutral.

19. plasticeye87

plasticeye87 Can you see me?

I just want the voices back that's it everything else is an add-on to me......

20. Captain Brain

Captain Brain Well-Known Member

Agreed. But some of those 'add-ons" are quite nice and if possible should really be included. ;025;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.