1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon IS going to be Recasted...-_-;

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by MidnightScott, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shift

Shift I'll learn you good!

Wich add-ons would those be? The music? The writers? And from which side?

2. Captain Brain

Captain Brain Well-Known Member

Most of the stuff is unknown at this point. Such as who is better at what. We haven't seen PUSA's skills as of yet. The Special doesnt count because it was a rushed pilot episode, We are hoping however PUSA is an improvement. The only thing so far that we want from 4Kids is staff related. plasticeye87 and others may have things to add to this. ;025;

3. plasticeye87

plasticeye87 Can you see me?

My "add-ons" include music (does every single show on earth has to have a full symphonic score a la Star Wars or any random opera?) , characterization since there are some differences between Ash, Misty, Brock, May, Max, and Satoshi, Kasumi, Takeshi, Haruka, Masato and the so called pointless edits since to some people the show isn't Pokemon or Pocket Monsters it's Ricemon: Gotta eat em all! or Onigiri Youkai......

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  4. Heracross

Heracross Custom User Title

Yes, because that's definately the only thing 4Kids ever changed in the animé. Excellent job.

5. plasticeye87

Not sure what you mean??? All I did was point my so called add-ons......:confused: :confused: :confused:

6. Heracross

Was replying to this part since you guys always ignore the other dub changes that have been pointed out and simply b*tch about people b*tching about the onigiri.

7. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

They're just being a jerk. The ongiri edits is just the most noticable of 4Kids mutilation of Pokemon. They don't rip it to shreds like One Piece so 4Kids lovers can say they don't edit it that much. But that fact remains they gutted the show.

-They removed perfectly good music and replaced it with that electronic crap they just throw together.
    -They edit out text leaving blank signs. And they're not even consistant with it.
    -They edit ongiri (which is also inconsistant) and are sloppy about it.
    -They've changed the characters. How many times must it be said "KOJIRO ISN'T GAY!"?

And yet people want this insult to the anime to continue because they don't want change. They'd rather pout and complain instead of accepting the change and taking action to improve on it.

My only problem with PUSA is that they hired the new VA's based on the 4Kids cast. Screw 4Kids, act like they never dubbed the anime. Taylor was never Ash, Stuart was never James, ect. Listen to the Japanese cast and try to base your casting on them, not 4Kids. Otherwise they'll be continuing the SAME mistakes 4Kids made.

And for the love of all things decent, stop acting like the 4Kids VA's are gods. They're actually a rather medicore group. You want to complain about the VA work. Well I've got my own complaints. You know my complaints about Ash sounding too much like a woman, May squeaking, Max just being annoying, and James being turned into a fruit basket (the James thing really annoys me because the first VA did a brilliant job, slightly goofy at times but at least I could respect him as a villian). Lilis and Blaustein have done very well (especailly compared to their colleagues). They're not the brilliant cast you make them out to be.

8. plasticeye87

I get ya I don't whine about that although if I remember 4kids had this show http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_Foodons and I'm suprised they didn't whine about that one and its changes if it had any....

9. kaibachaoschampion

kaibachaoschampion Feather Trainer

There not improving it with new VAs. Even if everything is perfect now other than the VAs i'll still like the 4Kids version bettter because the VAs are what make the show and have been doing it for 8 years. So thats not my opinion. I am complaining to get them to take action to imporve it. I DO NOT like the new VAs and to have new ones would destroy it for me.

When the Sonic VAs changed I hated it and refuse to play the game in English Language.
    When the Dragonball Z VAs changed (Not when they got rid of the Ocean cast because I didn't see the first 2 Seasons at that time) in the UK for the movies I refused to watch it.
    When the UK got new VAs for Dragonball and GT I refused to watch it.

Get the point? I like consistance and Pokémon will be no different. Imo the VAs mentioned above didn't improve enough to sound like the old cast so nor will these.

I have one thing to add to this: In your opinion.

10. Heracross

How is that not an opinion?

11. Shift

Shift I'll learn you good!

I agree with you there. If PUSA wants to do the job themselves, they shouldn't try to imitate what 4Kids has already done; otherwise, there would have been no point in getting back the rights from them at all (besides the music).

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  12. Dogasu

Dogasu Frustrated Elf

And the 4Kids dub is consistent!? o_O

13. kaibachaoschampion

kaibachaoschampion Feather Trainer

I said it wasn't mine not that it wasn't an opinion.

I meant keeping the same VAs is consistent.

14. Hidden Mew

Hidden Mew Fog Trainer

I agree with you there. As long as the voices are the same, I don't care if Pokemon USA or 4Kids works on it. This whole situation confuses me. Its like it goes back and forth from positive to negative and all the different sides don't help. I also read on a different website that PUSA will change the voices for season nine. Even though some people would think that was clear by now, I wasn't too sure about that because I thought that they would release this information to the public or whatever. Also, the same website said that started last Saturday the voices would change and I know that didn't happen. I just wanted to check if that is confirmed or not. I'm still supporting the SOVA and I'll continue to write letters and send e-mails.

15. TEAMrocket

TEAMrocket Rocketshipper!

I'm a HUGE Dragon Ball fan. Dragon Ball Z had the best VA's...but, i loved Dragonball GT even more. It was something that i never really noticed because i was enjoying the programme too much. Sorry, but kids, even if they do noticed the new voices, won't be bothered to do anything. And, i wasn't even bothered about the VA change either...but for Pokemon i do! >.< Should they have not slowed down the process for the Mirage episode? ESPECIALLY when its trying to IMITATE the best VA's and make people not notice!?....jeeeez, you people! I gave the new VA's a chance, and they suck!

16. MidnightScott

MidnightScott Super Gamer

Ok, the *****ing about Edits needs to stop. I'm sure these "pointless edits" will continue when Pokémon USA does the show as well. Afterall, I believe they are the ones that provide the names to 4Kids, so they probably still had some kind of control in it with this whole Edits situation. The show can still be contracted to 4Kids, but either way I'm sure the edits will continue, so stop *****ing about it. (Yes, we know, Chronicles was a piece of ****, especially Legend of Thunder ~ It wasn't even written by the same team that writes the main Pokémon show)

The edits are actually kind of funny~ like changing a rice ball into a big cracker.

People who don't even watch the Dub should just keep their opinions to themselves - why do you care? You don't even watch the dub!

The only thing this SOVA campaign is focusing on so far is getting the original voices back. I want some of the original music, and maybe translations of the Vocals done by the original Vocalists myself because it's beautiful music.

Now I'm not saying I like all of the dubs music, and I'm not saying I like all of the Japanese music, but I'm certainly not gonna let myself get pissy over it. (It's not the most important thing of the show, the way the plot is told is)

And for those of you who are gonna flame me, I don't really give a **** what you think so you're wasting your time.

~Scott;229;

Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  17. Agustus

Agustus Well-Known Member

Although I like the 4Kids VA's, there were times where I would actually say when a character (excluding Blaustein and Lilis) would talk, "strappi i miei orecchi fuori!* and I'd have to cover my ears. I don't mind May, heck, I like May's voice, but...

1)Ash should sound like a boy. If you wanna go low enough, make him sound like SVT (the Squeaky Voiced Teen. IE: The Simpsons.)

2)James was better with the old voice. I went through all my old videos, and I actually noticed the voice change with James. With Meowth, I like both voices, Ms. Blaustein better than the prior voice, but not James.

3)Max is just annoying in the first place. He's a little wannabe version of Conan Edogawa. His voice matches him perfectly: annoying.

PS:
    *Tear my ears out!

Edit-Also, I do like the old voice actors and would prefer them no matter, but they still have their flaws. We all do.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  18. GemGirl

GemGirl Guest

Whats the adress (email hopefully) for pokemon USA or whoevers doing this bad, bad, bad, badbadbad thing.

19. RandomCharizard

RandomCharizard i hatez pokemonz

Where's the brain for this person who is doing this very stupid stupid thing. Even if you email PUSA it wont help. :<

20. Emerald

Emerald Guest

i heard about the voice replacement(then again who hasnt)it really sucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.