• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon IS going to be Recasted...-_-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal Mew

Gym Leader
hmm it is kinda sad they are doing this, but it happens all the time.
if they do this, at least they will LOOK the same. in real tv shows, they replace actors all the time, and they dont even look/sound the same at all. like in ER, they just replaced that little kid...and in LOST they might replace walt. it sucks, but what can you do?

but maybe if you write to them it can change their minds...the show wont be the same, thats for sure.
I might write...haha I dont know if i have the time though, but we'll see. even if I dont watch the show nearly as much as I once did, I might do it for all of you...simply cause...well I dont know. but yeah :)

even the smallest person can change the course of the future. in this case, even the smallest letter MAY change the course of the future. haha.

IF they wont reconisder...I at least hope they make Ash have a deeper voice. if not, screw the show once and for all =[

pikachu!

pikachu?
This is just sad.. i been hearing these voices for a LONG TIME and the voice actors were working for a LONG time i dont wanan hear diffrent voices thats it... where's my shotgun! where's my torch!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
pikachu! said:
dont wanan hear diffrent voices thats it... where's my shotgun! where's my torch!

Instead of grabbing your imaginary shotgun and torch, why don't you write a letter to Pokemon USA's address I posted on the first page?

Imaginary violence won't help matters, writing a letter on the other hand, could.

Lord Mewtwo

Advanced Human
I don't like the fact that they're getting rid of the VA's that most of us have lived with for so many years, not to say I dismay the new VA's. I'm going to tune in on April 29'th to see how the VA's sound for myself, but I'm still sending a letter, I don't think I can get used to something new this late in the anime.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
I won't believe this news until Serebii confirms it. I've been misled by this board plenty of times before.

But if it is true, it's of no real concern to me, because I don't watch the dub either way.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
gregjammer said:
Remember the saying "Don't cry over spilled milk"? That saying apllies here too. Now, I don't mean to be rude, but I don't like whining over that. It's like showing my wimpy side if I did that, and I don't want to do that... well, maybe not intentionally

^ THAT is what all you people are doing... You never know if they're crappy or good until it actually occurs, so at this moment, stop crying over spilled milk, or in this case, don't cry over something that hasn't actually occured yet... I may get bashed for saying that, but I don't know the actors yet... Could somebody send me a cast list containing the incoming actors that are about to be hired by Pokemon USA as proof of why this is an issue??? If I don't get some form of proof, then it proves, at least at this moment, that Pokemon USA is not the company that's choosing bad VAs, and that this topic could be dead...

E

Ethereal

Jesse GS the II said:
I won't believe this news until Serebii confirms it. I've been misled by this board plenty of times before.
You know, Joe isn't THE ultimate source of confirmation of ALL things in the world. What reason do we have not to believe this? The fact that Joe wasn't the first to get this doesn't make this any less believable, in my opinion. :/

Crystal Mew said:
IF they wont reconisder...I at least hope they make Ash have a deeper voice. if not, screw the show once and for all =[
If he ends up sounding like Barry White, then I WILL be upset. :<

Raevell

Well, I think its been said before that Pokemon USA taking over the dubbing could be the best thing to happen to the Pokemon anime or the worst.

I'm not sure what to think of this. I do agree that jumping to the conclusion that it will all suck is jumping the gun, but these VA's have been there since the beginning. I've grown up listening to these voices. There's such nostalgia behind them for me and I think a lot of the people on this board.

The one thing that irks me the most is the thought that they are going to be bringing in imitators. If they were merely replacing the VA's I would be disappointed but I think the idea of trying to hire people to do the exact same voices is ridiculous. Especially considering that the original VA's still want to do the job.

Especially because as of now the VA's know exactly what is going on. They know the world and are familiar with it. Pokemon could be a new concept to these replacements which could lead to trouble.

Truly, my feelings are conflicting over this matter. Do we even have any idea who will be providing the new voices?

Last edited:

PDL

disenchanted
Ethereal said:
If he ends up sounding like Barry White, then I WILL be upset. :<

I like Barry White :(

... not on Ash of course, that would just be silly.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Yes, this does dissappoint me, being that I respect the dub VA's - most of them doing some excellent work on Pokemon (some of them doing subpar work on other anime, Shaman King, etc.). But I can't say that I think the new VA's will suck, I actually have hope that they might actually be good.

Yes, I have hope. I think the new VA's might be good. Shoot me.

Chris

Old Coot
I did some thinking tonight. It's really funny, actually.

Eric Stuart's upset, as is Veronica Taylor over this. Claiming PUSA is being "greedy" and going with a "cheaper" alternative. Yet..let's go back in time for a bit.

4Kids is notorious for not using original music because it's "cheaper" to use their own. And wait..hold on..

THEY were the ones who replaced the VAs of the Sonic the Hedgehog game series and took THEIR jobs from them.

Payback's a b****, ain't it? :)

And as Gravy brought up earlier (or was it someone else?), most of you complain about the current dub and then whine and complain when someone else takes over. This is EXACTLY like Dragon Ball Z all over again. People couldn't handle the edits of the dub or the dub itself, yet when the Season 3 cast took over, they wanted their precious old-talent back. You people make me LOL. Especially since you haven't even HEARD of the new voices, let alone know who they are.

For all we know, this dub could kick 4Kids' dub out of the park. After seeing the Raikou dub, I'll take someone else to do it. Especially with a company that's less prone to making idiotic mistakes (Arbok evolving into Seviper, saying Girafarig has a "tale" instead of tail, and spelling Onix as Onyx, or having a Pokémon refered to by the wrong name). Hell, maybe we'll finally get to see the Pokémon actually battlings as opposed to cuts to "violence."

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
I was a bit sceptical but it looks like it's true about PUSA having control of the anime. This is found on Pokemon Palaces site.

4Kids Drops Pokemon From Their Website
Posted Monday, 20 February 2006 by webmasterSteve

Well as we all know, 4Kids has lost Pokemon rights to Pokémon USA and, as pointed out by a PPN User, has removed Pokémon from their various websites..

It seems this has recently happened on both the main 4Kids site (www.4kidsentertainment.com) and on the kid-friendly 4Kids.tv sites. It is unknow when exactly they did this but we think they are moving on now as Pokémon USA picks up the the pace in it's handling of the anime.

We'll post more about this if more info or a press release becomes available.

Site links: 4Kids Entertainment and 4Kids for Kids

This is where I got it from.
http://pokemonpalace.net/newspro/arc1-2006.html

I had to check it out myself and they are right. 4kids site don't list Pokemon with their cartoons anymore. I hope the letters work because I'm not sure how I'm going to get used to new voices but then again it happens all the time with shows I suppose. It might be good so I'll still hope.

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
We all knew about that. >_> That's rather old news.

Swifty

I made a banner for the letter writing campaign. If you guys want to encourage other people on the forums to write letters to Pokemon USA, feel free to use this banner in your signature. Make sure you save it on your computer and upload it into your Photobucket account.

[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Swifti/save_dub.png[/img139]

Make sure you link the banner to this thread. Copy and paste this in your signature. Make sure you have the correct URL for the banner between the img tags:
HTML:
[url=http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=111108]
[img]<URL OF BANNER>[/img]
[/url]

Last edited:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I was thinking. I really do feel for the actors. They spent eight years with these characters and why they've made some choices I agree with I think they enjoyed it. But they are ready for life after Pokemon. They might be sad and a tad resentful, however they will get up the next morning and live their lives.

And, one thing I was thinking about. If the VA's care that much about the series, why don't they try to deal with PUSA themselves. Didn't someone say they've done work outside of 4Kids.

And the fact remains, the new VA's are people too. They could be very talented people who care very much for the show. Seriously, don't pass judgement so soon.

Chris

Old Coot
Folks, PUSA ain't gonna listen to you. ;\ If they already chose not to use the current cast and ALREADY hired new people, it's far too late to do anything. If 4Kids didn't listen to complaints, what makes you think PUSA will? ;)

Chris

Old Coot
Sorry to burst your bubble man, but hardly any online petitions or anything of the sort actually work. You'd have to get something that's WORSE to get something to change through signatures. Like Loonatics..although that's still just as bad as is was before its change.

Swifty

Sorry to burst your bubble man, but hardly any online petitions or anything of the sort actually work. You'd have to get something that's WORSE to get something to change through signatures. Like Loonatics..although that's still just as bad as is was before its change.
That's why we're encouraging letter writing. A hundred letters in a P.O. Box is more convincing than a thousand signatures on some online petition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.