• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon is good, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flemming

Pokémon is good, but...

Digimon is superior.

Videogames: Draw
Pokémon got only two truely great games. Red/Blue and Gold/Silver. So does Digimon. Digimon World and Digimon World 2003. Both Digimon and Pokémon got other good games (Rumble Arena, World 4, Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl, etc.), but only 2 games that you will never forget, have you completed them. So, in the videogames department, it's a draw. The Pokémon games got both great music and design, where as Digimon had that awesome feeling of exploring a weird world + good music. Even if 3D, I won't say that Digimon got better graphics than Pokémon, as there was a certain charm to the graphics of the two best Pokémon games. So, it's a draw in the game department.

Anime: Digimon
Are you tired of Team Rocket being blasted off again? Tired of Ash never making any progress? Tired of bullsh!t? So am I. Digimon had 2 series which weren't quite on par with the other (season 2 and season 4). But season 1, season 3 and season 5... True classic animes. What's more, Digimon got deeper characters than in Pokémon. Digimon by far wins here.

Comics: Pokémon
Digimon got some amusing comics, yet Pokémon Adventure should give Pokémon an obvious advantage here, even if repetive and filled with lame characters.

All-around: Digimon
It's pretty even, but the Digimon animes simply makes it superior. And when we talk videogames, well... I might be a bit biased, but I lean a little towards Digimon. Also, the Digimon world is much more flexible and creative.

treespyro

Vintage much?
You know this is all opinion, so you are not right nor wrong. But seriously what is the point of this thread.

Flemming

To make Pokémon fans accept, that Digimon is far more advanced.

Better evolution system, more variation among the fighters, bigger jumps in power, etc.

And as for maincharacters, they are deeper in Digimon. Tai and Matt are deeper than Ash and Gary. And the only Pokémon characters with a story and evolution are Jessie and James.

Pokemon made me belive in myself more when i was younger. Digimon creeped me out.

pokemon>digimon XD

treespyro

Vintage much?
Opinion!!!

I may like Apples better then Pears and my friend may like Pears then apples. Doesn't mean that one is superior then the other

spareux

maldición

Better evolution system, more variation among the fighters, bigger jumps in power, etc.

And as for maincharacters, they are deeper in Digimon. Tai and Matt are deeper than Ash and Gary. And the only Pokémon characters with a story and evolution are Jessie and James.

In terms of how the actual monsters - the central concepts of both - function is incredibly different. How can you "tell" people that one is better than the other when it's a matter of opinion: which concept they thought was better?

It's also very easy to just, for whatever reason, not be able to become interested in something, so someone could quite easily like one and not care for the other.

Everything you've posted is opinion and really you, the thread maker, are the only one who needs to "accept" anything.

Flemming

In terms of how the actual monsters - the central concepts of both - function is incredibly different. How can you "tell" people that one is better than the other when it's a matter of opinion: which concept they thought was better?

It's also very easy to just, for whatever reason, not be able to become interested in something, so someone could quite easily like one and not care for the other.

Everything you've posted is opinion and really you, the thread maker, are the only one who needs to "accept" anything.

A cute little baby can, with fitting circumstances transform into everything, from angels to dinosaurs to devils. In Pokémon, an animal can become a bigger animal...

treespyro

Vintage much?
The point of that post was to show that it is Opinion not fact.

Read the fruit analogy

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~

I lolled when I saw this.

Am I not correct in thinking digimon have one or two attacks each, in each level? Pokemon get four as well as the ability to swap and change there attack to different ones so in effect they actually get hundreds more moves than Digimon. Whats more they actually have typing system which complicates the battle system even further. I believe I'm also correct in saying Digimon has gone no further than the DS, Gameboy series, Gamecube, Xbox and Playstation whereas pokemon has conquered the DS, Gameboy series, GameCube and Wii, the latter being a very advanced platform comapred to the others. I'm not trying to dis digimon (in act I used to be a fan myself) but it was was so advanced they'd be on it too, or soemthing to that effect.

As for the evolution system digivolution is terrible IMO, at least, it is in the anime. It wears off after a certain amount of time so its not even in the vicintiy of real evolution (which is permanent) its more like going supersaiyan or something.

Digimon is superior.

Videogames: Draw
Pokémon got only two truely great games. Red/Blue and Gold/Silver. So does Digimon. Digimon World and Digimon World 2003. Both Digimon and Pokémon got other good games (Rumble Arena, World 4, Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl, etc.), but only 2 games that you will never forget, have you completed them. So, in the videogames department, it's a draw. The Pokémon games got both great music and design, where as Digimon had that awesome feeling of exploring a weird world + good music. Even if 3D, I won't say that Digimon got better graphics than Pokémon, as there was a certain charm to the graphics of the two best Pokémon games. So, it's a draw in the game department.

Anime: Digimon
Are you tired of Team Rocket being blasted off again? Tired of Ash never making any progress? Tired of bullsh!t? So am I. Digimon had 2 series which weren't quite on par with the other (season 2 and season 4). But season 1, season 3 and season 5... True classic animes. What's more, Digimon got deeper characters than in Pokémon. Digimon by far wins here.

Comics: Pokémon
Digimon got some amusing comics, yet Pokémon Adventure should give Pokémon an obvious advantage here, even if repetive and filled with lame characters.

All-around: Digimon
It's pretty even, but the Digimon animes simply makes it superior. And when we talk videogames, well... I might be a bit biased, but I lean a little towards Digimon. Also, the Digimon world is much more flexible and creative.

Its my opinion that RBY was a pile **** compared to what we have now, DP & GS were the only amazing games IMO but thats just me. You'd probably diagree but it doesn't make either of us right or wrong.

Like Treespyro said, see the fruit analogy for more.

Last edited:

Casimir

Good boy.
Opinion!!!

I may like Apples better then Pears and my friend may like Pears then apples. Doesn't mean that one is superior then the other

Pears are far more superior, what are you talking about silly.

Digimon had like one pretty decent game (Digimon World 3 or whatever it was called for the ps1).
The original shows were pretty good too.

BuuuUuUuT Pokemon always has the childhood place in my heart.
And Pokemon is the second biggest video game franchise in the world, c'mon man. But to each their own.

Aeron

Bum Eyes
And the reason for this thread is ?

I think you should go t a digimon forum and post the exact same post there, I bet you will get some better and more positive replies then you will get here.

Lol

Not sure if you noticed that you've stumbled onto a Pokemon forum, and Digimon is just plain lame. They run around in cyberspace 'Digivolving' in Dinasourwithaslightlydifferentcolouredheadmon and Dinasaurwitharmsandmadeofmetalmon and my personal favourte Piemon. Like a bunch of Jamicans,
'Heeeey mon!'

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Despite the names, they're far too different to compare them. It's like comparing Toy Story to Casablanca just because they're both movies.

Murra Myrrh

First 5th Gen Shiny!
I like how you gave...Reasonable explanations as to why you came to this conclusion. I think Blackjack's right, I think we're trying to compare them when they are obviously not even on the same playing field. It is all opinion and people's playing styles. That is what determines who like what kind of games and which game of each genre. The same argument is heard between Gears of War and Halo, Resident Evil and Silent Hill, (ironically) Morrowind and Oblivion and I can continue the list. I am glad you have posted your opinions, but I question why here? This is an obvious pokemon fan based site; were you looking for a fight or did you just not know where to put this?

ChedWick

I loved Monster Rancher! At least Monster Rancher 1 & 2 for the PS1. A year or two ago I got Monster Rancher 4 for my PS2 but it just wasn't anywhere near as good.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
You want us to accept your opinion as fact? Some people like Pokemon more, some people like Digimon more, some people like them equally and some don't like either. We all have our own opinion and you are acting like yours is fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.