• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Johto: The New Threat - Discussion Thread (PG-13)

Shadow XD001

Pokémon Johto: The New Threat - Discussion Thread (PG-13)

Pokémon Johto: The New Threat - Discussion Thread
APPROVED BY PSYCHIC
Other Important Links
RPG Thread
Plot

Twenty years of peace has been in the Pokémon world ever since the epic defeat of Team Ultima. There was eight young trainers: Ash Ketchum, Ethan Gold, Lyra Silver, Marina Crystal, Brendan Ruby, May Sapphire, Lucas Diamond, and Dawn Pearl. They all started out as ordinary trainer, unaware of the dangers that awaited them. In each of the regions that they lived in there was an evil organization (Kanto Team Rocket, Johto Team Rocket which differs from the Kanto one, Hoenn Team Magma & Aqua, Sinnoh Team Galactic). The eight trainers easily defeated the teams in their regions and instantly became famous. The boys from the group became Pokémon Masters, awaiting new challenges, whilst the girls became Master Co Ordinators, also craving challenges. Twenty five years ago the leaders of the defeated teams decided to meet one dark night in an unknown area. The leaders came up with one plan: Join forces and defeat the kids that beat them and take over the world. Easier said then done, of course. Two years later, the group became known to the world as Team Ultima. The eight legendary trainers met to discuss the sitaution and decided to make their own team known as Team Protectors. Team Protectors and Team Ultima clashed for three long years before Team Ultima was defeated once and for all. Team Protectors went back to their respective regions for a long rest. Twenty years passed of peace and life was going great.

Mr. Burtington, a 65 year old retired senior, was one of the most wealthiest people in the Pokémon World. During the twenty years of peace he came up with an idea. It was to make Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh connected. He had help by many, many, many people and then the four regions were connected. This worked out by using the idea in Goldenrod City of the train station in there, and now the trains can go much faster then before. Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh have multiple train station for you to go to now. Also, boats are another way to get from region to region, but now the boats go even more faster then before! With all of this growth in the world many people may have forgotten how beatiful the lands of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. Johto seemed to be one of the more beatiful regions when it came to landscape and nature. Now, Johto (and the other three regions) seem to have been taken over by the rapid growth of technology. Deep within the newly hi-tec Johto, was a group of people. Atleast fifty, but that group kept on getting bigger and bigger. Who is this group? You’ll just have to find out in the RPG, but know this: this group is not nice and are sort of nature-freaks, so they are very angry about the technology growth. This group enjoyed Johto due to the nature, but now that’s kind of gone, it’s hard to do so. This group of people is filled with completely new people and is in no relation to Team Ultima.

You

After that long reading, I’m guessing you guys want to know where you come in, right? Well, Professor Elm is pretty wary of that group of people meeting in Johto. Officer Jenny, and other authorities say that it’s nothing to worry about. That man can’t help but worry. Thankfully, he’s been expecting a new crop of trainers to come in. Eight to be exact. They’ll be coming from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh to compete in the Pokémon League or Grand Festival. Professor Elm may have something planned for them, but these trainers are just begineers. Like I said, you will be coming from the different regions (including Johto) to compete in the Pokémon League or Grand Festival. If you don’t live in Johto, then you’ll get the Starter Pokémon from the professor in your region. If you live in Kanto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh then you'll immediately retrieve your starter and go staright to Johto by train or boat. The estimated times from each of the regions is three and a half hours no matter where you live because of the enhanced train/boat makes it faster.

Not only will you receive your starter, but you will receive the standard five PokeBalls and a new item known as the PokeItem. This is by far one of the most great inventions in all of Pokemon. Equipped with this item is a PokeDex, phone, radio, map, and a Universal GPS. Each of those are applications in your PokeItem and help greatly along your journey.

Gyms & Pokemon League

With the gyms it's the same eight gyms as the games with one change. Pryce is getting very old and sickly lately, so he has a replacement. This person uses Fire Types and that is Pryce's Grandson, Bryce. He's the complete opposite of Pryce, but wanted to be a Gym Leader like him, so who would be better to take his spot then his grandson? So that's the deal with Gyms, and it's still the same order, just don't forget to give Bryce Fire Types.

Anyway, with the Pokemon League there's going to be a lot of competitors, but you all should get atleast Top 10, so there's a little gap between Memebers places in the League. The first few rounds will be NPC vs. your chracter and then eventually your rival(s) vs. your character, and maybe even your chracter battles another members character!

Contests & Grand Festival

Contests are the same as they always are and some changes in this RPG. Instead of five ribbons, you will only need three. Contests are in some Johto places, but also in places you guys make! One member from the RPG will be winning the Contest, so it isn't a waste. Whoever comes up with an RPG-Made Town must say where it's located and I'll make sure it makes sense. That person can win that contest if they want. You are limited to creating one RPG-Made Town because there's still the ones already made. (may change depending on how everything goes)

The Grand Festival will be held at a town I made up called: Sunshone Town. It's right after Blackthorn City, but before the Pokemon League. It's really the samething as the Pokemon League, except the appeals and time limit. (five minutes) Judges for the contests are the same as the anime: Nurse Joy, Mr. Contesta, Mr. Sukizo. Judges for the Grand Festival, however.... Dawn, May, Lyra, Marina, and Wallace is the MC, but for regular contests you can just say "MC"

Johto Places holding Contests:

Cherrygrove City (and registration to get your contest pass)
Azalea Town
Goldenrod City
Olivine City (Then we go to Cianwood for the 5th Badge)
Mahogany Town
Blackthorn City

I know that's not really alot, but you guys make RPG Towns.

Team Atmosphere
Team Atmosphere is the main villain in this RPG and have multiple appearances in the RPG as they play a major role. NOTE: Our characters won’t know of their name until their second attack in Johto.

New Bark Town: Team Atmosphere strikes at New Bark Town to try to steal the starters and some research equipment. After the Contest is over, Professor Elm calls all of us on our PokeItems and we head on over there. There’s two Team Atmosphere Grunts there, both gaving two Zubats. We beat them easily and they flee saying: “Team Atmosphere will rule the world and turn it back to its old self!” Our characters don’t know what that means, and continue on in the journey.

Violet City (Sprout Tower):
After going to Violet City, we decided to tour the place before challenging Falkner and see two Team Atmosphere Grunts and an Admin there. They seemed to be interrogating the Elder, Li on some information, but we stop them. The grunts have one Zubat each and the Admin Annabel has a Sneasel. We manage to barely win as the Sneasel is very strong. (Most of our Pokémon will faint, sorry)

Ecruteak City
: Team Atmosphere is still not being good. They invaded the Tin Tower looking for the legendary Ho-oh to destroy the overload of technology with the beast. Morty and Eusine appear and we have to battle three grunts (each with a Zubat) and another Admin (Wayne, with a Buizel and Pikachu). Even with Euisine and Morty’s help, we lose. We all battled the grunts, but helped out Eusine and Morty and lost. Ho-oh is not summoned, so the grunts and Wayne leave.

Olivine City:
This time, there’s a disturbance at the lighthouse and Team Atmosphere is there. Wayne and Annabel appear with Wayne having a Floatzel, Pikachu, and Magmar. Annabel has Sneasel and Kadabra.There’s also a very, very special guest appearance from the boss and founder of Team Atmosphere. He doesn’t battle, but has a conversation with Looker of the International Police. I’ll do the conversation and the battle with my character. Somehow, we manage to beat the two Admins and they get away along with their boss. This is the second to last appearance of Team Atmosphere.

Mt. Silver (Peak)
: The Final Battle against Team Atmosphere. We have to climb Mt. Silver, but we face a bunch of grunts and aren’t surprised when we see Wayne (who has a Floatzel, Raichu, Magmortar, Sandslash, and Scizor) with Annabel (who has a Weavile, Magnezone, Alakazam, Gliscor, and Roserade) Things will be hectic. You all must work as a team. My character is in the battle, too, along with Champion Lance, Gary, and Steven Stone (Why not?). We defeat them and the world is at peace… again. Oh, and this takes place afterthe Pokémon League!

Contest Areas & Winners:

1) Cherrygrove City (place to retrieve contest pass); Winner: Silver_Seoul Ribbon Number: 1
2)Ruin's of Alph Contest; Winner: D-World Ribbon Number: 1
3)Azalea Town; Winner: Silver_Seoul Ribbon Number: 2
4)Goldenrod City; Winner:treespyro Ribbon Number: 1
5)Burnt Golden Town; Winner: D-World Ribbon Number: 2
6)Olivine City (Before Cianwood); Winner: treespyro Ribbon Number: 2
7) Freeze Town(on the way to Mahogany); Winner: Silver_Seoul Ribbon Number: 3
8)Mahogany Town; Winner: treespyro Ribbon Number: 3
9)Blackthorn City; Winner: D-World Ribbon Number: 3
10)Grand Festival Sunshone City (before the Pokemon League); Winner: ???

Rules
1) All Serebii Forums and RPG Rules Apply
2) No godmodding
3) No bunnying, unless you have permission
4) No trolling, bashing, etc.
5) Keep the cursing to a minimum (and the sexual contact o_0)
6) Try not to quit. School can’t really take over your life for a whole year, so that’s not a great excuse
7) Be active. Not 24/7, but try to post and it shouldn’t take days to make one post
8) No Late Sign Ups. Join while their open, duh.
9) HAVE FUN!! Please, RPGs are for you to interact with other people and have a great time. I’ll try to make this RPG as fun as possible.

Rules of the Discussion Thread
1) All General Rules Apply
2) This is not a place for idol chit-chat
3) Only post here if you have something to say that's important.
4) Only Accepted Members can join.

Striking System
If you do something very bad, and break the rules, you'll get strikes.
1st Strike
2nd Strike
3rd Strike
Banned a week
Banned a month
Perma-Ban, plus I might notify a Mod. By the way, the bans for the RPG, not the Forums. :D If you are ever banned from the forums, that, too, can result in strikes. Depends how long the ban is.

Accepted
1) Matt Azena (Shadow XD001) Trainer
2) Tambry Little (Double-oh-Platypus) Trainer
3) Skylar Adams (holy_lucario) Trainer
4) Jacob "Jake" Wilkins (Stabberz) Trainer
5) Nihill Pocalis (Morpher01) Trainer
6) Alexander Daniels (Silver_Seoul) Co ordinator
7) Marion Coulthard (treespyro) Co ordinator
8) Alexander "Alec" Redwood (D-World) Co ordinator

So, without further ado,

DISCUSS

Last edited:

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
I have a question about starters. Are there more than one of each kind in the labs? Because I don't think anyone should have the same starter as anyone else unless there are four people coming from one region. It would make it kind of boring and a little weird having too of the same starter.

Same goes for every Pokémon actually I reckon that people shouldn't share the same Pokémon, unless they have split evolutions just for some originality.

...Just a thought.

Shadow XD001

Yeah, I already VMed the person who also had a Turtwig like you, and asked him to change it. Everyone won't have the same starter mainly because there's less members in this RPG then starters. As for other Pokémon, it's okay if people have the same Pokemon as long as it doesn't occur much. Kind of unfair if I tell someone to switch to a different Pokémon just because someone else has the same one, especially if someone has to switch from their favorite one. But the Starter Pokémon thing is reasonable.

Double-oh-Platypus

I'm with Stabberz on having everyone have different Pokemon, except maybe fire-types because there's so little of them. I mean, there's over four hundred Pokemon, and nine accepted people each with a team of six only means fifty-four Pokemon taken. If we can work it out via PM, great. If not, we can duke it out in here. Haha.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
Well I reckon two people having the same Pokémon at one point in time is alright but any more than that it's kind of stupid, unless they're fire type's obviously.

Shadow XD001

Haha, agreed. I guess we'll see what happens with the Finalized Teams. So, if someone has the same Pokémon as someone else, then whoever sent me the PM first with their team, will get to keep that Pokémon and the other person who had the same one would have to change it.

Is that confusing?

To all Co ordinators: The first Contest is in Cherrygrove (check first post) and who would like to win that and receive their first Ribbon? You also have to decide on some RPG Only Towns to host the Contests in, since the amount we have now is not enough. I'll help out with some names and update the first post when we get new ones and you must say where it's located, so I can have the Contests Areas on the first post all in order. There can be one before Violet City and after Cherrygrove. Finally, no one can win two contests in a row, and you don't (actually can't) enter every Contest unless if you're behind.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
We could make the Ruins of Alph a tourist town, with a contest hall, a museum and a fossil reanimation place. and they could be one between Ecruteak and mahogany, at the foot of Mt. Mortar. a hall could go there, too.

Silver_Seoul

If the other Coordinators don't mind, I'd like to win the Cherrygrove Contest. :p

Also, there could be a Contest on the route right before Azalea Town? The rainy route?

Shadow XD001

D-World: Sounds good. Your character will win the Ruins of Alph Contest, but what should be the name?

Silver: It's fine with me. Your character can win that contest.

Any other Co ordinators for the other Contests?

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
We could call it Alph Ruins City/Town. Sounds OK to me.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Okay, then.
So, i suppose we all travel together as one group?

Silver_Seoul

I'd rather not travel in a group, either. Goes against character. I'm fine with whatever, though, I suppose.

Shadow XD001

Well, we won't be in groups, but be at the same pacing. Like, my character won't be in Blackthorn, and the rest of you in Ecruteak.

RPG Thread is posted, you guys. Oh, and any more Contest takers. (preferably someone that didn't post here yet or take a Contest spot so far)

Silver_Seoul

Err, I have a slight problem with your RPG-first post requirement. My history has my character already having Mudkip for about a year and just now deciding to go to Johto. Which kinda conflicts the getting a starter for my first post.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
Same goes for me actually, him getting his starter was described in his RP sample. So, I'll just post him getting off the ship and touching down in New Bark.

Shadow XD001

Okay, then just post your character getting on a boat to Johto, and arriving there by the end of your post. (or your second one)

Silver_Seoul

I'll have him buy the PokeItem and Pokeballs on the ship's gift shop. I posted without thinking too much of it and instead of editing it in I'll just have him purchase those in my next post, if that's okay.