• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Johto: The New Threat - RPG Thread (PG-13)

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Alec Redwood.
Pokémon: Piplup.
Ribbons: None.

Little by little, the pressure grew on Alec. He was the next one to go, and he had no idea what to do. All the other participants must have spent all night finding a performance. Alec, on the other hand, had watched some films and ate popcorn. He felt like a complete idiot. All the confidence he had had slipped away. He was lost for ideas. He looked down at Piplup. She was grooming herself in a mirror, she was a million times more confident than Alec. She finished her grooming and made a small twirl. Alec then had his idea.

Five minutes later, he was ready to go. The curtains were drawn, and Alec thought the crowd would be smaller, but he had to ignore it if this was going to work. His plan would either be a major success, or a major failiour. He ignored the crowd, the cameras and even the judges as he slowly walked to the piano. He then watched Piplup enter the stage. She was much different than usually: she wore a dark red cape, and a silver tiara ornated with little red gems. She didn't have her sunglasses, and her scarf was tightly wrapped around her wrist. Alec wondered why he had bought the sunglasses if Piplup wasn't going to wear them in contests. He set the idea aside and focused on the performance. He watched as Piplup set herself in position for the act. Once she was ready, Alec started playing a slow, but lively tune on the Piano

As Alec stroke the first note on the piano, Piplup performed a perfect pirouette, then skipped around the stage, each step in time with a note. she then stopped in front of the judges and jumped on their table. She then jumped off the table with a significantly well performed backflip. She then started spinning around herself. As she did that, she untightened the grip on her scarf and fired a light jet of water, sending out flashes of red and blue. She then jumped in the air and let completely go of her scarf, sending it flying above her. She landed and made a simple bow, then her scarf landed on her neck just as her trainer made the final note on the piano.

The cheers they received made Alec think that their performance was a success. The MC calmed down the the crowd so the judges could speak. "A very good performance, and the choice of music was fabulous." Mr Contesta seemed like a nice person. Alec though that Mr Sukizo could have said more than "remarkable", but he didn't question him. Nurse Joy, being a Nurse, couldn't really be nasty: "A very nice performance, but i think it should have more moves in it." Alec was pretty happy with himself, and the Judges gave him a rating Alec deemed fantastic for a beginner: 8/10. Alec saluted the crowd, and left backstage so the next contestant could go.

Shadow XD001

(If you're in a Contest and facing off against an NPC who hasn't been named, then you can come up with a random name for said person. Same will apply to the Grand Festival and Pokemon League. Also, the order is Silver_Seoul, treespyro, then D-World for battling in this contest)
Matt Azena
Cherrygrove Town, Johto
Current Team: Treecko
Badge Count: 0

Matt watched as the last few contestants came and went. He knew this was a Contest consisting of beginners, but most of them were really good, not that his opinion mattered. The only people competing that Matt recognized were Alex (obviously), Marion, and Alec, even though he never really spoke to him, but remembered him from Prof. Elm's Lab.

They all seemed pretty good, and Matt thought they'd at least get to the first round of battling. The last contestant was some kid named Hjinga Iyukia (I don't care if that's not a real name, it sounds funny) with a Gastly. That kid had a weird name and Pokemon. His Appeal was horrible and Gatly only used Mean Look and Haze. Matt thought the judges were being nice by giving him a 1.5/10.

"Okay!" Maren exclaimed as Hjinga went behind the curtains when they closed. "He was the last Co ordinator for the Appeal Round, so please give the judges a few moments to contemplate their design on the lucky co ordinators moving on. The lucky Co ordinators will have their pictures appear on the screen above, then be randomized for the Battle Round." She explained walking over to the judges, and beginning to talk with them.

Come on, how hard is it? You only need to pick five random people since Alex, Marion, and Alec should move on. Matt thought, impatiently awaiting the judge's decision.

After what seemed like forever, Maren walked back to the middle of the Contest Stage and the TV Screen lit up, showing 16 young co ordinators faces. The first row had people Matt didn't know, as well as the second and third rows. The first person he spotted on the fourth and final row was the kid with the Chickorita, Adam Sackley, that was first on the Appeal Round, next to him was Alec, Marion, and Alex. Matt wondered if the order was like that on purpose, meaning Alex would have had the worst Appeal out of all the co ordinators on the screen.

The screen stayed like that for a few seconds so the audience and co ordinators could register what was on the screen. Soon after, the pictures were shuffled around, and now appeared on the screen again, but this time next to someone else's picture, bracket-style. Alex was facing off against Adam, and Marion and Alec were facing off against people Matt didn't really know. (Matt actually doesn't know Adam, FYI)

"It seems that Alex Daniels and Adam Sackley are facing off first in the Battle Round. May I have both boys here so we can begin?" Marion politely asked. Now Matt was starting to get excited as he'd get to see Alex in a battle. He did seem him battle Prof. Elm's assistant at the Lab, but this one could be more interesting with the Time Restriction and Points.

Double-oh-Platypus

Tambry Little
Cherrygrove Town
Current Team: Bulbasaur
Badge Count: -

"How was sleeping?" Jake asked, glancing at Tambry.

The girl shrugged. "Same old, same old," she replied nonchalantly. "I mean, sleeping is always good. I never feel like I get enough of it though. Maybe when this is all over I'll just sleep for a year straight. That would be nice." She laughed slightly at the thought but when Jake didn't join in she paused.

Biting his lip slightly, Jake nodded. "So...what are we doing today?" he asked and once again, Tambry shrugged.

"There's the beach," she suggested. "Or there's always the out-lying routes to explore and train in. Or if you wanted to, we could attend the contest, but I'm not too crazy about attending that. It doesn't sound particularly thrilling."

Morpher01

Bewear my power
Nihill Pocalis
Badges: 0
Current Party: War/Charmander
Cherrygrove City

After a short break, Nihill and War returned to their training. This time, Nihill had his Charmander facing down a tree.

"War, I want you to use Ember," Nihill said.

"Char?" War said, turning to Nihill.

"We are going to attempt having you learn the move," Nihill said. "Now, try and use Ember."

War nodded, then turned to the tree. It took a deep breath, opened its mouth, and with a mighty "Chaaaar!"...

...a small sphere of flame fell out of its mouth and singed the grass beneath it.

"Chaar," War sighed, disappointed at the failure of its move.

"Do not give in," Nihill said. "Try once more. Ember."

Again, War tried, and again, it only managed a small spurt of flame.

"Keep trying," Nihill said. "Ember."

"Chaar!" War yelled, this time managing a stream of roughly a dozen orbs that, while they fell short of the tree, did soar farther than War's previous attempts.

"Good," Nihill said, "that was an adequate start."

"Charmander!" War cried, proud of itself.

"Do not celebrate yet," Nihill said. "If you truly mastered Ember, you will be able to use it again."

"Char!" War cried, aiming at the tree and preparing an Ember. But, like its first attepmt, this one only resulted in a small burst of flame.

"I rest my case," Nihill said. "Enough on Ember for today. Now, we will work to improve your Scratch attack."

Nihill picked a leaf off of a tree.

"I want you to destroy this leaf with your Scratch," Nihill said. "You will do so after I throw it into the air."

"Char!" War nodded.

"All right," Nihill said, throwing the leaf into the air. "Go."

War leapt into the air and instantly shredded the leaf into pieces with a pair of Scratchs.

"Good," Nihill said. "We need to see if you can destroy the leaf with one Scratch, however."

He picked another leaf off of a tree.

"Let us begin again," Nihill said as he threw the leaf into the air.

War leapt into the air again, and this time, it shredded the leaf with a single Scratch.

"Excellent," Nihill said. "That will do for today's training."

"Charmander," War nodded.

With that, Nihill and War walked to the Pokemon Center, the former making no effort whatsoever to pay even the slightest regard to the nearby Contest Hall.

Silver_Seoul

Alex Daniels
Cherrygrove Town
Ribbons: 0/3
Mudkip

Alex was glad he made it into the battling rounds, even if it was just barely. He'd pick up the slack now, but he was glad he knew just where his strengths lied. Turning to the electronic display, he watched as all the Coordinator's pictures were randomly shuffled and grouped in tournament brackets. His first opponent ended up being the guy from earlier, Adam, with the Chikorita. Alex looked at Mudkip's PokeBall, knowing he was at a type disadvantage, but hoped he could rely on brute force. He closed his eyes, thinking back to all the training he and Mudkip had done with Winona and her Swellow. If they learned one thing from her, it was to hit and run, and do it quick.

They announced Alex's name, introducing him to the crowd as he made his way down the hall and onto the right side of the battle arena. Adam entered from the opposite side and stood in place. They both looked up at the scoreboard as their photos appeared and were accompanied by a circular meter that kept track of how many points they had. Alex knew that if he wanted to win, he'd have to have the most points remaining by the end of the battle. Adam seemed to know this too, because as soon as the time limit of five minutes appeared on the scoreboard, he sent out his Chikorita.

"Mudkip, let's go," he exclaimed, tossing the spherical device into the air. It unlatched and sat wide open in mid-air before releasing a small twister of energy began to take the shape of his Pokemon. The spiral of matter expanded and broke apart, leaving Mudkip staring apathetically at his opponent in a shower of glitter. "Get ready to lose," Alex smirked. Adam rolled his eyes, getting ready to counter at any moment, knowing he had an upper hand. "Mudkip, let's start by launching a Water Gun on the ground!" The mud fish looked down and released a torrent of water that sent him flying upward, now high above the audience.

Adam was ready for whatever was about to be dished out. "Chikorita, launch a Razor Leaf!" Waving the leaf on its head in circles, a flurry of sharp leaves shot towards Mudkip. Alex was just as prepared, though. He had Mudkip dodge swiftly by flipping twice and falling head-first, landing a Tackle attack dead-on Chikorita. Adam's points decreased significantly, almost half-way! Adam bit his lip as Chikorita stood up, a determined look in its eyes. "Chikorita, try redirecting your leaves this time," he explained to his Pokemon. Chikorita nodded, sending another flurry of bladed-leaves flying towards Mudkip.

"Get on the ground and roll," Alex stated. Mudkip dropped off of all fours and began to roll over, dodging each individual attack with simple maneuvers before jumping back up and diving towards Chikorita. "Launch a Mud Slap!" He exclaimed. Chikorita countered quicker than Mudkip, though, deflecting each blast of dirt with a Razor Leaf and managing to knock Mudkip back with a Tackle. Alex's points deducted to the same level as Adam's, and there was about a minute left on the clock. "Mudkip, use Mud Slap to get closer." Mudkip inflated his cheeks and released a stream of mud that sent him catapulting towards Chikorita. Chikorita hopped in the air, dodging his tackle. That hadn't been his intention, though.

As Chikorita soared directly above Mudkip, Alex ordered a Water Gun. Inflating his cheeks yet again, Mudkip contracted his throat and released a pressurized blast of water. The sheer force knocked Chikorita all the way to the roof and back down, knocking it out. The judges panel buzzed three times, signifying that Alex had won by default! He was moving on to the next round! Heading backstage, he saw another pair of Coordinators battle before one of the people he knew was scheduled to perform next.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
The girl shrugged. "Same old, same old," she replied in an almost bored way. Something that Jake didn't fail to notice. "I mean, sleeping is always good. I never feel like I get enough of it though. Maybe when this is all over I'll just sleep for a year straight. That would be nice." A laugh escaped her mouth and unsure of what to do, Jake did nothing. She soon stopped and then spoke to answer his question.

"There's the beach," she suggested. "Or there's always the out-lying routes to explore and train in. Or if you wanted to, we could attend the contest, but I'm not too crazy about attending that. It doesn't sound particularly thrilling."

Thinking it over, Jake quickly thought of what would be more favourable.

"Hmm...I'm not a contest lover so that's out...if you like we'll head to the beach for a bit and then explore town until the contest is finished?" He proposed.

Standing up, he allowed Turtwig on his shoulder and waited for Tambry to stand up also

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Alec Redwood
Ribbons: None.

Alec watched as the Battles were decided. The panels switched around and stopped. Alec tried to find himself on the screen, he then saw that he was against some strange looking trainer. He stepped out onto the stage and prepared for the battle. He sent out Piplup, she was back in her "normal" clothing, and she looked fiercly ready to battle. He watched his opponent send out his own Pokémon: a Tyrogue. With a navy blue cape. Alec laughed at his adversary, whose name was Sam.

"You can laugh now," he said, "but wait till we beat you. Tyrogue, Fake Out now!" The Pokémon ran up towards Piplup and, with a mighty clap of his hands, created a small shockwave that sent Piplup flying. Alec ordered a Pound attack, but his Pokémon was to dizzy to do anything.

"Now," Sam said, "Use Mach Punch!" the Tyrogue ran to Piplup with enourmous speed, punching her in the middle of her forehead, making Piplup collapse. Sam smiled. "It's your move, now."

Alec struggled to keep control, this guy was taunting him, provoking him, he couldn't let Piplup take all that and not do anything. He thought she was already K.O., so he was suprised to see her get back up and Peck the Tyrogue in the chest, making it fall over.

Sam's smile faded away. "Tyrogue, use Mud slap!" The Scuffle Pokémon got up, and kicked a load of mud in the air and onto Piplup, she was covered in dirt and mud, and she couldn't see.

"Hah," Sam shouted out, "Your Pokémon can't see, you're doomed, Alec."

"Oh, I'm not so sure, Sam." Alec said as he pointed towards Piplup, who delicately took off her mud covered sunglasses, which had shielded her eyes from the mud. Sam looked very frustrated. "Piplup, use Peck once more!" Alec shouted out as his Pokémon dashed with twice the speed of Tyrogue and pecked him right in the face. Tyrogue fell backwards and struggled getting up before finally collapsing. Alec was the victor.

Alec walked up to Sam. "That was a good match, you're Tyrogue is pretty strong." Alec stuck out his hand, waiting for Sam to shake it. Instead, he ignored it.

"You're right, my Tyrogue IS pretty strong, and he's much stronger than your Piplup ever will be. You were lucky, Alec. And I hope we meet again so I can really thrash you. Sam then turned his back and walked of stage, Alec quickly doing the same.

Last edited:

treespyro

Vintage much?
Marion Coulthard
Ribbons: 0
Pokemon: Torchic

Marion looked up at the screen after all the contestants finished their appeal. There faces were on the big screen and then being shuffled into the different corners signifying their opponent. "Well this is interesting" she thought looking at the screen to see her next match up. Marion smiled and pondered while she was sitting down on the bench. "Well this is better than I thought" she thought while looking at her nails again as a little nerve reliever. She heard over the loud speaker the match between Alex and Adam which was pretty quick as Alex finished off his opponent in rapid fashion "Oh dear" sighed Marion as she watched the proceedings.

After that match, the next match was announced. "Next up we have David who is up against Marion, can we both have them on the stage please". Both David and Marion walked up on the stage as they both went to opposite sides of the stage as they smiled to each other. "Go Budew" he said releasing a Budew which was a small grass Pokemon. "Go Torchic" Marion called out a her orange chicken bird Pokemon came out of its Pokeball.

"Alright Budew, use Absorb" David ordered his Pokemon as Marion quickly thought of an maneuver "Pivot to the left" she called out as the Budew came up to the Torchic who quickly dodged it "And Scratch" as Marion's Torchic carried the momentum as it struck back with a little what you could be said as a boxing one-two step jab as Marion saw the clock and the points, David's points did fall but she knew that he wasn't going to give up. "Alright, Torchic use Scratch" Marion ordered as David smirked "Dodge and use absorb" as Torchic quickly and in a hasty maneuver used scratch but Budew dodged it and used absorbed with rattled a lot of points for Marion and gained a little for David.

"Should I use my Trump card" Marion thought as she quickly snapped back into reality as David called out an attack "Use Stun Spore" as Budew quickly released what seemed to be yellowish powder in the air. "Alright, think Marion I got it" she thought until she called out to her Torchic "Use Focus Energy, dodge by using a scratch attack to your left and well umm use Ember on Budew" she quickly called out at once as firstly Torchic used focus energy to channel itself and allow a focus with a reddish-orange glow and then use scratch on the air which cost Marion a lot of points until he used Ember while Budew was trying to dodge but failed.

The Budew of David couldn't handle the attack and fainted after a little time lag. "Nice job, Torchic" Marion squealed in happiness as she smiled back at David. They both got on the stage and shook hands "Bad luck but you were great" Marion said to David with a response from him "Its no fun being beaten by the cute ones but you did a great job and I'll cheer you on and I hope we will see and battle against each other again" he replied. Marion smiled "Of course we will and I will cheer you on as well, you are a great competitor" as they both exited the stage while talking to each other.

Shadow XD001

(Hopefully you read my post in the Discussion Thread, because I decided to make it the Semi Finals becuase, at this rate, Contest would take up most of the RPG, possibly. Oh, and treespyro, you'll be posting next to start your match against D-World, then Silver_Seoul's match and [finally[, the Finals!)
Matt Azena
Current Team: Treecko
Cherrygrove Town, Johto
Badge Count: 0

After the next few matches came and gone, it was now down to the last four people, thus making it the Semi Finals of the Contest. The four Co ordinators left were Alex, Marion, Alec, and a girl named Amelia. This was down to the wire, and Alex had a 2/3 chance to face off against Marion or Alec, two people he previously met. Matt knew that Alex and Marion could definitely be strong rivals, so it would be interesting if they faced off, especially in the Finals.

Maren spoke a few words, mainly boring ones about winning the ribbon, the Final Match, and whoever won this Contest would be one step closer to going into the Grand Festival, obviously. Get on with Captain Obvious, Matt thought, anxiously. He had been sitting down watching the Contest, which got him, and Treecko, even more pumped up for their first Gym Battle. The anxiety and excitement raced through Matt's head as he waited for the Semi Finals to begin.

Finally, the TV Screen turned on and showed the four pictures of the Co ordinators in the Semi Finals and then the matches were determined. Alex was facing off against Amelia, and Alec and Marion were also battling. The first match of the Semi Finals was Alec against Marion, followed by the Alex/Amelia match.

Double-oh-Platypus

Tambry Little
Cherrygrove Town
Current Team: Bulbasaur
Badge Count: -

"Hmm...I'm not a contest lover so that's out...if you like we'll head to the beach for a bit and then explore town until the contest is finished?" Jake suggested. He stood with his Turtwig and Tambry followed suit, shoveling the remainder of her breakfast into the waste bin.

"Sure, sure," she said. "Let's get ready then and get out there. It looks like it will be a beautiful day."

After changing so that her swim suit was on under her clothes and Jake was ready, Tambry led the way out into the brilliant sunshine. It was the perfect day to go to the beach, really, and the way it glittered off the waves reminded Tambry of the sun shining off the snow in Snowpoint City.

Her Bulbasaur appeared to be enjoying the beach too. It stood in the very shallows of the water, letting the waves lap against his feet and Tambry joined him, letting the sea breeze wash over her.

"What a great day," she voiced aloud. Far out into the water she thought she saw a school of Horsea swim by. It made her think of how she needed to get a second Pokemon before the battle with Falkner in Violet City, but Tambry realized she had time to catch a Pokemon. It didn't have to happen right away.

Morpher01

Bewear my power
Nihill Pocalis
Badges: 0
Current Party: War/Charmander
Cherrygrove City

Before entering the Pokemon Center, Nihill stopped, standing a distance to the side of the building. He looked to the road that led to Violet City, as if something would come from it. War stopped as well, curious as to the sudden halt of its trainer.

"Soon, War," Nihill said, limply gesturing to the road. "That is where we shall go...Violet City. There lies the first of Johto's Gyms."

"Char!" War smiled, eager to take on the Gym. That was, after all, what a trainer and his Pokemon did. Why be any different?

Moments afterward, a boy Nihill recognized as the Turtwig trainer left the Pokemon Center, the girl who trained a Bulbasaur in tow. Judging by the Bulbasaur girl's swimsuit, they were going to the beach. The trainer with no emotion watched as Turtwig and Bulbasaur's trainers had fun on the beach. Bulbasaur's trainer seemed fascinated with the reflecting glimmer of the sun on the ocean. Nihill, however, had something entirely different on his mind.

"Look at them," Nihill said, noting Bulbasaur and its trainer letting the waves soak their feet. "They believe there is beauty in what this world has become."

"Char?" War asked, looking up at its trainer. What was he talking about? Why was he acting this way?

"They believe that this world should be saved," Nihill continued, empty eyes staring at the two trainers' jubilation. "Their foolish ideals will be their downfall."

"Char..." War said, gazing at the two Grass-type starters by their partners' sides.

"Come," Nihill said to his own starter. "We will study the route leading to Violet City."

War looked to its trainer as he went inside. It thought for a moment, wondering why one would study a route rather than simply take it. The Charmander looked to the sky, watching the leaves blow in the wind. A flock of Pidgey burst from a treetop, and as they flew away, War was struck by a brainstorm.

Perhaps Nihill was studying the route so he could catch another Pokemon? Perhaps War could have more friends by the time it reached Violet City? The thought filled the young Fire-type with hope. True, Alec's Piplup was considerd War's friend, but the Water-type belonged to a different trainer. Besides, more than one friend could never hurt, could it?

With renewed optimism, War charged into the Pokemon Center, soon finding Nihill and staying beside him as he opened up his PokeItem.

Last edited:

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Alec Redwood.
Ribbons: None

Alec was both happy and unhappy: he got into the Semi-Finals, but was about to face Marion. They were, in his eyes, good friends. He hoped that this battle wouldn't ruin their friendship. He remembered what she said to him: "I guess we are against each other but I don't want to be rivals..." Alec didn't want to be rivals either, and this battle might just. In any case, he decided to look out onto the stage: It looked a lot more crowded and the lights shined brighter, Alec felt a little nauseous. Then something tugged at his jeans: it was Piplup.

"Yeah, I get it. I don't want to fight her. She's my friend." Alec spoke to Piplup as if she was actually going to give him advice. But, obviously, he wouldn't understand.

"Piiplup. Piip, Piip. Luuup." Though Alec didn't actually understand what his Pokémon said, he had the impression he knew.

"I'd like it to be a friendly battle, but it all depends, if I win, she might hate me. You know?" Alec wondered if Marion was that kind of girl.

"Piiipluuuuup." Piplup had a tone of arrogance in her voice which immedialtely gave away what she was trying to say.

"Lose on purpose? No way! If she finds out, she'll think that I... Never mind." Alec blushed at the mere thought of it.

"Piiiplup Piip. Piplup looked satisfied with herself, Alec felt slightly embarassed.

"I suppose, yeah. Like Dad always said: The Show Must Go On." Alec then headed up to the stage and walked up to Marion.

"I don't want to be your rival. Just your friend, so, um, May the best Co-ordinator win, and good luck." Piplup then walked up to the stage, and spoke to Marion's Torchic. Alec decided that Piplup's words were: "Whatever he said to her." She walked back to Alec, as the MC read out the rules. a quick blow of the horn, and the battle had started. There was no time to think, Alec was now out to win.

"Piplup, use Peck!" He said to his Pokémon as she rushed towards her opponent's Pokémon...

treespyro

Vintage much?
Marion Coulthard

"So I face Alec now" Marion said to herself as the dark haired blonde looked at all the match-ups that were staged to continue in the next round of the contest. "Remember Torchic, poise and control and try to continue the attacks and add pressure, pressure equals errors" Marion explained to her Pokemon and to herself the strategy that she was going to use regardless of the opposition. "Make it hard to attack you, not the other way around, ok?" she stressed that point as to get herself psyched up and her Pokemon. "Its going to be all fine okay" she added as she heard the announcement calling both contest co-ordinators out

Marion got up on stage ready for her battle against Alec. Alec looked nervous, is it because he couldn't handle the crowd or the tougher the competition got, Marion instead took in the air and hummed a little. Alec went to Marion and started to talk to her "I don't want to be your rival. Just your friend, so, um, May the best Co-ordinator win, and good luck." as Marion smiled back and winked "Yep, good luck to you as well cause this is going to be fun" she delightfully replied in a very excited tone as her Torchic was talking to his Piplup as she waited for her Pokemon.

"Piplup, use Peck!" Alec said to his Pokémon as his Piplup rushed towards her Torchic. "Pivot and sway and scratch back" she calmly ordered as her Pokemon spun to the left and swayed to right to the dodge the attacks of the Piplup with style and flair. "Perfect" she thought looking at the moves Torchic did which immediately got her attention that Alec didn't lose any points which did make Marion grimace a little. "Now for the next part" she muttered as Torchic using its claws to scratch the Piplup at rapid speed "Come on and work" she thought as she looked at her nails to help her stress and hoped that everything worked out for her.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
"What a great day." Tambry's voice from right by the waves found there way to Jake's ears as he looked around. He'd never been a lover of sand but it wasn't like this was going to do anything. He looked straight out at the ocean, wondering about all his old "friends" and how they were doing. With shrug to himself he turned away from the beach and looked over at the town. His eyes narrowed as he saw that someone was watching them. When he eventually remembered who it was his body stiffened. Standing next to a Charmander and starring intently at them was Nihil.

Jake didn't know how long he'd been there but if he didn't turn away soon then he and Jake would be have another meeting. Sensing it's trainers annoyance, Turtwig turned it's attention from the beach and looked up at Jake.

"Twig?" he asked a look of puzzlement on its face.

"It's nothing Turtwig...don't worry about it." The trainer said, sending his Pokémon a grin as he bent down and petted him. Seeing his trainer was happy, Turtwig grinned before letting Jake help him onto his shoulder.

Walking towards where Tambry and Bulbasuar were stood, Jake stood beside her and gave a half grin at the sun on the.

"You're right it is a great day. He admitted.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Alec Redwood.

"Yep, good luck to you as well cause this is going to be fun." Marion exitedly said to Alec moments before the battle, and Alec was still slightly worried. But still, either you win, either you lose. It's simple.

Alec watched his Pokémon deliver her peck attack, only for Marion's Torchic to dodge it. Alec saw it's claw gleam slightly, and so he immediately knew it was going to deliver a Scratch attack. Alec quickly shouted to Piplup.

"Grab her foot and slam it on the ground." It was only after yelling the orders that Alec realised what they were. Alec wanted to tell her not to, but then the hesitation would be a disadvantage. He just watched as his Pokémon reached out to grab Torchic's foot...

treespyro

Vintage much?
Marion Coulthard

"Grab her foot and slam it on the ground." yelled Alec as Marion looked at bit shocked "That's a low blow but I have speed on my side" she thought as just when the Piplup of Alec was about to reach out to grab her Torchic's foot that was raring for a scratch attack. "Think Speed, Marion, speed know what could I do" she quickly played a few scenarios in her mind "Perfect." Marion found the idea that she was looking for but hoping that both the timing and use of the attack would work made her question her decision. "I must go for it" she said as she looked up "Torchic let the Piplup grab your foot and then use Ember on your own foot" she ordered as Torchic looked at little confused but obliged.

"Speed is a great tactic" she thought as Torchic stopped its attack and allowed the Piplup which seemed a little hesitant on the idea of the grabbing the foot of her friend. "Now" yelled Marion as before Piplup could throw down Torchic, he used an ember attack on its own foot which managed to as she planned carry itself towards Piplup, whether that would work or not as a damaging attack would be found out but all she knew was that her Torchic managed to escape using speed and a little resourcefulness. "Alright now use Focus Energy and then parry on the lowdown pivot with the scratch attack" ordered Marion as Torchic powered up with an reddish-orange glow and was raring itself for a scratch attack on the lower body of Alec's Piplup. "This is fun, isn't it" exclaimed Marion to Alec "Lets psych him up a little huh" she smiled without any malice or confidence.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Alec Redwood.
Pokémon: Piplup

"Torchic let the Piplup grab your foot and then use Ember on your own foot!" Alec heard Marion shout out to her Pokémon. Alec definitely knew she enjoyed it. He then saw Torchic Let out a flurry of flames on Piplup's hand. She let go of Torchic's foot and fell over. She did her best to get back up only to see her opponent running towards her, glowing in an orange Aura. Alec watched as the Little Birds got closer and closer. He had no ideas left, he had lost...

Piplup had also admited defeat, even before the battle had started. She watched as Torchic came over to her. It delivered a Powerful Scratch, most definately a Critical Hit. Piplup made a small comment that obviously congratulated Marion for her win. The attack struck Piplup at the neck, making her immediately collapse. Marion had won, Alec knew he did his best, but still, it seemed Marion was the better Co-Ordinator... for now.

At the end of the match, Alec walked up to Marion. "Congratulations and good luck in the finals. I hope you win." Alec then withdrew Piplup and thought about what to do...

Silver_Seoul

Alex Daniels
Cherrygrove Town
Mudkip

After Alec and Marion's battle was finished, Alex was summoned to the arena. He entered from the left side and took a bow, reaching for the Pokeball clipped to his belt while he was bent over. Leaning back upward, he tossed the device into the air and it opened, releasing a beam of energy that began to materialize in the center of the stage. The seal capsule activated and unleashed a raging storm of lightning that coated Alex's Pokemon and dispersed into a shower of confetti.

His opponent, Amelia, entered from the right and rolled her Pokeball onto the stage. "Spinarak, darling, let's win this!" she exclaimed, twirling in place. Mudkip rolled his eyes, feeling confident that he could win without breaking a sweat. His trainer felt the same, countering immediately as Amelia started the match. "Spinarak, launch a Sonicboom straight ahead!" The horn on the green spider's head began to glow and unleashed a shockwave of sound that pounded against Mudkip's eardrums, the sheer force knocking him backwards. Alex lost some points for that.

"Mudkip, let's even things up with a Mud Slap," Alex started. Mudkip inflated the orange, spiked sacks on his cheeks and unleashed a small puddle of mud onto the ground. It hardened into dirt and Mudkip jumped, flipping in mid-air and striking the pile of earth with his tail, sending it flying towards Spinarak. It landed in the creatures eyes, blinding him temporarily. Mudkip cheered, smiling as he rushed in for a Tackle Attack.

Amelia grinned cheerily. "Spinarak, String Shot straight ahead." She seemed to know what she was doing, because as soon as Mudkip would have collided with her Pokemon, the spider unleashed a web that entangled Mudkip and kept him at bay. "Now, Poison Sting." She seemed even more upbeat as her Pokemon launched a wave of purple spikes that dug into Mudkip's side, reducing Alex's points even more. With about two minutes left, Alex began to improvise.

"Mudkip, shoot a Water Gun into the air!" Once again, his spiked cheeks inflated and as he exhaled, a blast of water shot into the air. The pressure from the force it exerted knocked the webs off of Mudkip and cleansed Spinarak's eyes, leaving both Pokemon capable of movement again. As the downpour rejuvenated each Pokemon, the timer reached the one-minute mark. "Mudkip, use Mud Slap again," Alex ordered. Finding the pile of dirt he had left behind, Mudkip whacked it with his tail and sent bits of earth flying at Spinarak. Jumping, the spider launched a Sonicboom on command. Mudkip countered with a Water Gun and an explosion left a small cloud of smoke in the center of the arena. Just when it cleared, the timer buzzed.

Both Pokemon were still standing, so the judges looked to the scoreboard. Alex had more points left, meaning he was heading to the finals! He cheered loudly, letting Mudkip hop on his shoulders as they took a bow and headed backstage to prepare for the final round.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Marion Coulthard

Marion watched as Torchic ran over to Alec's Piplup. It delivered a Powerful Scratch, most definately a Critical Hit due to the Focus Energy that Torchic used before. Piplup fainted after all that which meant that Marion was through to the finals "Oh wow, good job Torchic" she said as she ran to her Pokemon. Alec walked up to Marion. "Congratulations and good luck in the finals. I hope you win." to which Marion smiled "Great match, I hope your Piplup is fine, I hope I win to but we will see first" she replied as she returned her Torchic was a little while to rest as she did a little pirouette and blew a kiss towards the crowd as they erupted. Marion was beaming and waved to the crowd while slowing exiting the stage making way for Alex to battle against the other semi finalist.

Marion watched from the sidelines as she Alex battle against a girl who was named Amelia and she had a Spinarak and it was looking very tough between them. "I wonder who will win" she said to herself as she continued to watch the battle until the timer ran our. "So it is Alex" she muttered as she got up from the bench she was sitting on before the 10 minute interval before the finals. "Alright well what do to" she thought as she saw Alex off the stage.

After 10 minutes, the announcer called both Marion and Alex to battle. Marion slowly took her time to get on stage as it hit her, she was in the finals and the stress was piling on her. "Oh dear" she said to herself as she looked at the crowd, it was haunting her. "Alright just keep your nerves in check and you'll be fine" she thought trying to calm herself down. After the MC stopped talking while Marion hit by nerves was trying to calm herself down, she looked at Alex. "Good luck, lets hope for a good one" she said a bit flatly to him as she gave him at least a beaming smiling to hide her feelings at this moment. "Go Torchic" she exclaimed as the dark blonde haired girl in purple called out her Torchic "Use Ember..."

Last edited:

Silver_Seoul

Alex Daniels
Cherrygrove Town
Mudkip

Alex entered the changing room during the interval between the final battle rounds and began to clean up. He took off the mask and buttoned up his white vest, making sure to flip the collar of his black button-up over the top. He removed the white slacks and replaced them with dark gray, torn skinny jeans. He tossed the sneakers aside and pulled another pair from the box, high-topped lace-less shoes. He flipped his hair to the side, making sure the green streaks were visible and then pulled a box out of his bag. Opening it, he pulled out a ring with a jade stone attached; a charm he had received from Winona. Slipping it on his thumb, he made his way to the stage.

As the crowd introduced both trainers, he took his place across from Marion and smiled at her as she wished him luck. He didn't return the same gesture, knowing there were no friends in competition. He had no need to say that aloud, but it was better to keep his mouth shut. Tossing his Pokeball into the air, it clicked open and unleashed a violent whorl of leaves that circled each other in a cyclone-like motion and dispersed, leaving Mudkip standing there, a green scarf tied on his neck. Marion called out her Torchic and ordered an Ember, Alex watching carefully as each bead of fire made its way towards Mudkip.

"Dodge each one, Mudkip," Alex started. His Pokemon closed his eyes, the fin on his head beginning to twitch as he picked up the heat signature of each flame, beginning to dodge them all with a flip, tuck, and a roll. A counter-attack came from Torchic, though, as Mudkip began to stand. Marion's Pokemon had landed a Scratch causing Alex's points to decrease, but luckily Marion's did as well from Mudkip's dodging. "Mudkip, stay close and launch a Water Gun directly at it," Alex ordered. The timer was going fast, already down to about three minutes, as the orange spikes inflated, Mudkip squirting out a high-pressured blast of water aimed straight for its opponent.