• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Journey Comics: A bore or an interesting Read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK

SO BEAUTIFUL!!
Joshi said:
Thanks for agreeing with me.

Here is how I think it should work: Each person who wants to post a comic should have to put their comic through a test where some of the best comic makers here (Infinity, Sponge, Sora, ect.) grade it and it has to get a certin grade before it goes to the forum. It might take a bit, but it would insure better quality comics for all the readers, plus make the forum less crowded.

Well I think (in my opinion) That its a bit harsh... All the new people would fail automaticly due to the fact that they have more skill and experince... Anyway on to the topic. There are too many journey comics but I don't really read all of them... But its your guys opinion you have everyright to keep them...

NEO GOHAN

OVER NINE THOUSAAAND
that's what I suggested on SMf (in the event everyone moved there). we need a way to block more from being made, somehow.

edit:
Well I think (in my opinion) That its a bit harsh... All the new people would fail automaticly due to the fact that they have more skill and experince... Anyway on to the topic. There are too many journey comics but I don't really read all of them... But its your guys opinion you have everyright to keep them...
it's not just about comic quality, it's about the subject. that's what this is all about. 95% of the comic forum is filled with POKeMON journeys that mimic the games, manga, anime, w/e. we want ORIGINALITY. something we haven't SEEN before. I don't care if the next comic is absolutely perfect in quality, if it's a journey, I'm 1 staring it.

Last edited:

Infinity

Gone...
Don't block them. What are we an elitist society? Just point them to the Academy, plain and simple. That's why we need more people to get involved there.

blueguy

used Metronome!
Joshi said:
Thanks for agreeing with me.

Here is how I think it should work: Each person who wants to post a comic should have to put their comic through a test where some of the best comic makers here (Infinity, Sponge, Sora, ect.) grade it and it has to get a certin grade before it goes to the forum. It might take a bit, but it would insure better quality comics for all the readers, plus make the forum less crowded.

That's completely stupid. How does one decide who is qualified to judge and who isn't. Forums are not segregated and shouldn't be like that. Artwork is subjective, including comics and cannot be judged by the "better" (-_-) authors.

As I thought about it, I realized that my last idea is harsh. I didn't think of that when I first said it. For that, I aplogize.

And I thought about the adacemy, but how many new people go there anyways?

Abraace

Sabrina's apprentice
The fact is guys, there really is no way to stop them. No new people read the rules anyways, and nor will they visit the comic academy(or at least, it's not likely...I think I did before I signed up, but still). We just have to ride the wave of rubbish samey comics, and try and pick out some that are actually pretty good.

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Heh, this forum... doesn't seem to belong anywhere... not even in the Manga section... X.x

Joshi said:
The thing that gets me is, that when an original one is posted, nobody replies. Like in my "Cat Tales" comic, the main character is turned into a cat and he goes on a journey to get his old body back. It has gotten about 2 replies. However, the bland comics, which there are too many to list, get a ton of replies, but most of them not good though. I'm just trying to figure out the logic here.

I may have to agree on you on this one... I had to advertise my "original" work to most of my friends and even to people who rarely read sprite comics... People mostly enjoy Journey comics... even if it so damn boring... most of the Journey comics I read are not only of bad quality work... but of the same cliché story...

So I say, Pokemon Journey comics... are just... boring... X.x

Infinity

Gone...
If more people visted/suggested/enrolled in the Academy we'd have more people learning how to make orginal comics.

Some of you may think I am blowing this out of proportion, but every single day there seems to be more of them...

Avegaille, I just want to say that I am a fan of your comic, I just haven't had a chance to reply to it. And I know how you feel about journey comics. Most of them are boring, but if done right, they can break out of the mold that the game provides: Get a starter, battle rival, go around to gyms, catch Pokemon, battle rival some more, defeat evil team, have evil team hire an assassian to kill you, and he seceedes, but...... nevermind, I'm thinking of diffrent games.

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Quackers said:
Avegaille, I just want to say that I am a fan of your comic, I just haven't had a chance to reply to it. And I know how you feel about journey comics. Most of them are boring, but if done right, they can break out of the mold that the game provides: Get a starter, battle rival, go around to gyms, catch Pokemon, battle rival some more, defeat evil team, have evil team hire an assassian to kill you, and he seceedes, but...... nevermind, I'm thinking of diffrent games.

I never knew I had fans... X.x Nvm that...

Anyways, if people were creative enough, and if they were creating a journey comic in the first place... the first page should grab the attention of the readers right away. Of course, it needs to be decent, not perverted or insulting to others... And it had to be set somewhere not on the starting regions... >.>

Majority of the Journey comics I see don't have that kind of concept...

Infinity

Gone...
Yeah, if someone were to make an Orre Journey comic somehow involving Miror B. I would completely back that. That would have funkadelic awesomeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.