• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon: Journey Series Dub Title Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomRC121991

Pokémon: Journey Series Dub Title Thread

*Rules & Guidelines: READ BEFORE POSTING!!!*

Rule 1: If you fail to obey below rules you will get reported for it, so please follow the rules.:)

Rule 2: This thread is for revealing/discussing the Dub Titles. There is no referencing the Japanese Anime in anyway, I did put the Japanese Titles in Spoilers, so opening them is at your own risk.

Rule 3: Of course, there's no double posting, triple posting, flaming, bashing... even though I don't think we'll have a problem with the latter.

Rule 4: Episode Discussion of the Dub is NOT! allowed here, it goes here: Pokémon XY: The Series, like I said, this is for discussing the Dub Titles, not the episodes themselves.

Note- 4/6/2012: I WILL report anyone who decides to discuss openings & the episodes in general in this thread. It goes in the above link I posted, this thread is only for anything Dub Title related.

Rule 5: UPDATE: As a side note, I will allow Dub Title guessing as well, we are discussing the Dub Titles anyways, just to be safe, put them in Spoiler Tags like this [*SPOILER="This is a Spoiler"*] Insert Spoily Post Here[*/SPOILER*] <==== Remove the '*' afterwards.;) I appreciate your cooperation though.

(NEW) Rule 6: When revealing a Dub Title, make sure you have a linkable source. I know the ones who frequently post Dub Titles here do this already but this in case you haven't done this before.

Rule 7: Just follow these rules and I am sure we won't have a problem, enjoy posting!

The Mega Champion

Can someone explain to me why this isn't airing on Disney XD anymore?

THIS MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. NOT EVERYONE HAS NETFLIX

I AM NOT GETTING NETFLIX. I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY FOR IT AND NEVER WILL.

How the hell am I expected to watch this now?

Pokemon Power

Yeah, I was predicting that they would do a full decade on XD, like they did the decade before on Cartoon Network, and the one before that on Kids WB.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Yeah Disney XD wasn't it and I'm hoping they stay on Netflix. There are very few shows I'm going to turn my TV on to watch (RIP cable) and Pokemon ain't it. Most people end up streaming it anyway so it being on Netflix is a blessing.

Not to pocket watch you but yet you had enough money to pay for cable and presumably internet bills (since you're online) but complaining about Netflix and how you'll never be able to pay 10-14 dollars?

The Mega Champion

Yeah Disney XD wasn't it and I'm hoping they stay on Netflix. There are very few shows I'm going to turn my TV on to watch (RIP cable) and Pokemon ain't it. Most people end up streaming it anyway so it being on Netflix is a blessing.

Not to pocket watch you but yet you had enough money to pay for cable and presumably internet bills (since you're online) but complaining about Netflix and how you'll never be able to pay 10-14 dollars?

I live in a household with parents

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Mega Champion said:

And as I pointed out before, not everyone has Disney XD either, so complaining about the series' move to Netflix seems moot. I'm sorry that this is inconvenient to you and other fans who preferred Disney XD, but that's just how it is.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

And as I pointed out before, not everyone has Disney XD either, so complaining about the series' move to Netflix seems moot. I'm sorry that this is inconvenient to you and other fans who preferred Disney XD, but that's just how it is.

Air it on TV or don't air it at all.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I knew it, Go IS voiced by Zeno Robinson in the dub

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Goh

https://twitter.com/childishgamzeno/status/1253466521415774208?s=21

After listening to the trailer several times, I noticed certain lines like “Scorbunny’s an amazing pokémon” or “It’s my future” made him too similar to when he voices Remy in Big City Greens.

Hopefully this means we’ll get more high quality VAs for the new characters in Journeys like Koharu being voiced Luci Christian or Lacey Chabert, or Leon being voiced by someone like Phil Lamar.

Heck, now there’s even a chance that all of the characters who appeared in Twilight Wings could keep their same VAs in this series (I’d still prefer all the VAs for the Galar characters either were from the UK or had British accents, but I’m not getting my hopes up & I’m just settling for this)

Last edited:

Thumbs2

Probably because streaming is the move and cable TV's dying. Even if it wasn't, Disney XD is not a popular or common channel, so a lot of people don't even have it. It's like when Cartoon Network moved all the shows they couldn't air to Boomerang so nobody could watch them.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I was waiting so long for this. I like Goh's dub voice so far. But it's unfortunate it has a limited broadcast.

Litleonid

Goh has a good dub voice. Its a shame they couldn't give him a better name though. Really wish they never gave Pokemon Go a form of representation.

mockingjay

swift and lol
I live in a household with parents

Save up money and pay for your content.

Most people don't have access to Disney XD. Netflix has a huge subscription base already and this will also help Pokemon reach a larger audience. I can finally watch Pokemon as it airs now without having to go find a pirated copy somewhere. I'm sure a lot of other people are also pretty happy with this move.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think the contract with Disney just expired and since CN is more focused on TTG (for what I heard) and Nick tends to limit the amount of episodes per year (see Power Rangers), Netflix was the only option next.

I don't mind since I don't follow the dub anyway, but I'd say it makes sense specially with streaming most likely being the new trend to release content.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I watch the japanese dub only nowadays on local streaming sites so I don't have a need for Netflix, but I do share an account with my father so I don't even gotta pay a cent when I do use it a few times. If you can't afford it yourself, ask a parent/guardian to cover that for ya if they got some money to spare.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's sort of really weird that things have changed this much for the dub.

Was the pandemic the main reason for such drastic changes?

Did they finally get enough money to recruit freaking Ray Chase to do over 100 episodes?

Did Disney see no future and so dropped the series, which somehow led to the dub team to go to Netflix for publishing? (It's sort of funny, really. CN and Disney turned the dub down. The only other place they had was Nickelodeon. Ha ha.)

Did they seriously need voice actors who could record from home and so they had to choose the LA ones because most of the ones in NY are unavailable?

Or was anything I said combined in bits to justify all these changes?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
A thing I'm curious about:

The dub for M22 had the japanese audio as an option. Could this move mean we finally get the original version overseas?

If that happens, I'd even sign Netflix and make sure to tell them I'm doing it because of that.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

Way less people are paying for Disney XD then they are for a subscription to Netflix.

Cable is on it's way out, and it has been for almost a decade I'd say.

If we're talking about pure exposure, Pokemon was technically better off on Cartoon Network's 7AM death slot than in was on Disney. I'm pretty sure basic cable includes Cartoon Network so technically way more people would theoretically tune in.

*Note* I don't genuinely think Pokemon was better off on CN's death slot then it was on XD, merely talking hypothetical.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.