• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Legacy's: The story of Riolu

olirulz_747

Pokémon Legacy's: The story of Riolu

PG-14
My first fanfic ever and hopefully not my last. It's a trainerfic, and I hope you'll enjoy. Will update ASAP. Read on...

Prologue:
Autumn, 2014
The citizens of Celadon City that were out at the late hour hardly ever looked up. So, no one saw the streak of blue flash over the department store and onto cycling road. No one except the two black and white clad men. They stood hidden in the shadows, green hair blowing in the wind, and with a big yellow G stamped on their chest. The one on the right held up a small golden device to his mouth and spoke two words. "Target Sighted." And then they gave chase...
It sped down the steep hill, its paws pounding rhythmically on the rough earth. It was deep in concentration; it needed to get as far away as possible. From behind, a whirring sound could be heard, an engine. The Pokémon closed its eyes, focussing its mind. It sensed too humans behind it, their auras tainted with a dark hue. And in their aura, it could see their intent. The blue creature dived into the air, using the head of a surprised biker as a boost. It hovered in mid-air, its body silhouetted by the full moon behind it. It closed its eyes, its dog like face composed. A sphere of energy appeared in its palm. It span in midair, and thrust the aura sphere at its pursuers. The men dived from their bikes, just as they exploded from the force of the blast. The grunts were thrown into the air and landed in a crumpled heap on the ground. The Pokémon landed in a crouch and began to run, when suddenly it was plucked into the air again by its throat. A red claw held its neck as one of the green haired men walked towards it. He spoke, "Scizor, metal claw." The grip on the Pokémon’s neck grew even tighter. The man smiled maliciously,
"Hello, Lucario. Finally, after five years, we've caught you. You should have joined us when you had the chance. But you decided to run, and disobey the great team Galactic. That was very foolish. I should get my Scizor to kill you for the trouble you've caused us, but the boss needs you to achieve our final goal." He smirked, "You should feel proud. You're the final piece of the puzzle. I don't know what they're going to do to you, but don't worry, it WILL hurt a lot!" The man picked a ball from his belt, and primed it. It looked like a normal poke ball, but the top was purple, with two White circles, and had a cream M stamped on it. As he pulled back his arm to throw it, Lucario's leg glowed, and he slammed it into Scizor's chest. Scizor let go in pain, and Lucario followed up with a drain punch, slamming it into the ground. The grunt snarled, "Get up, weakling!" Scizor stumbled to its sharp clawed feet, "Use Ariel ace!" The red armoured bug dived into the air, and before it fell, two wings flew out from its shoulders and it flashed forward, fast as lightning, its wings glowing. Lucario closed its eyes, and its fist glowed red. Suddenly it dived forward, arm ready to slam forward. They met in the air, their attacks hitting simultaneously. A cloud of dust swirled up with the power of the attacks. The galactic grunt coughed, and covered his face. The dust cleared, showing the two Pokémon lying on the ground, obviously injured. He smiled, recalled his Scizor, and walked over to the fainted Lucario. Its eyes flickered open to watch the man towering over him. The grunt put his foot on the Pokémon’s chest, holding it down. Lucario cried out as the man watched down in disgust. "Goodbye Lucario." The last thing Lucario saw was the man's face covering it's vision, and the poke ball slamming into its body, and then everything went black...
The man grinned as he looked at the now filled master ball in his hand. Finally, after 5 long years he had completed the mission all the other commanders and grunts had failed to do, and with his partner out of the picture he would get all the credit. He pulled out his poke gear from his pocket and spoke into the mouthpiece, "Mission complete, commence retrieval." He looked towards the other grunt, lying unconscious on the earth, and laughed out loud; he would totally get a promotion for this. Commander Artemis? He closed his eyes as he imagined the new world his master promised. His time was nigh...

5 years earlier
Alex Sintai grinned happily as he walked out of the tall grass and into the entrance to Viridian City. The sun was setting slowly in the distance, and he watched as it went down slowly. He smiled as he remembered the past 14 years of his life in New Bark Town, his choice to leave his home region, and the last four years training up to this day in Pallet Town. And now he had his Pokémon. He touched the poke ball at his belt, holding his first Pokémon, a squirtle.
Suddenly, from behind him there came a rustle and a small dog like creature staggered out. "What the...” Alex exclaimed as he saw the gash on the side of its head. He ran over and grabbed the creature just as it fell forwards, and fainted. "Help! Anyone out there?!" Alex shouted. The lack of people became obvious so he picked up the Pokémon and ran towards the bright lights of Viridian, his dark brown hair trailing in the wind behind him, and his leather jacket being blown back by the wind. In his arms the small Pokémon shuddered and spoke quietly, "Ri...olu.."

Hope you enjoyed the prologue, will update soon with the first chapter once written, please leave your reviews below, and any advice would be welcome.

Last edited:

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
Okay, let me try reviewing. Don't worry, I don't flame like a certain someone I know.

1. It gets a bit difficult to read when the paragraphs aren't spaced properly. Ideally, every time a dialogue comes up, start a new paragraph.

2.Since this is a prologue, I think I'll cut you a bit slack. However, a normal chapter has to be longer than this. A chapter has to be ATLEAST 2 pages long, so work on a chapter until you get it to that length. I'll see if I can get back sometime later for reviewing further chapters.

An example of proper spacing:

The man smiled maliciously.

"Hello, Lucario. Finally, after five years, we've caught you. You should have joined us when you had the chance. But you decided to run, and disobey the great team Galactic. That was very foolish. I should get my Scizor to kill you for the trouble you've caused us, but the boss needs you to achieve our final goal."

He smirked, "You should feel proud. You're the final piece of the puzzle. I don't know what they're going to do to you, but don't worry, it WILL hurt a lot!"

The man picked a ball from his belt, and primed it. It looked like a normal poke ball, but the top was purple, with two White circles, and had a cream M stamped on it.

As he pulled back his arm to throw it, Lucario's leg glowed, and he slammed it into Scizor's chest. Scizor let go in pain, and Lucario followed up with a drain punch, slamming it into the ground.

The grunt snarled, "Get up, weakling!"

Scizor stumbled to its sharp clawed feet. "Use Aerial ace!" The red armoured bug dived into the air, and before it fell, two wings flew out from its shoulders and it flashed forward, fast as lightning, its wings glowing.

olirulz_747

Okey Dokey, the new chapters here. Will try and post around once a week, possibly a bit earlier or later. Anyways, here it is:
BTW:
example is a character thinking
<example> is a pokemon speaking if it trusts the trainer. Will be explained in chapter. Otherwise will be something like: pika pika depending on the pokemon.

Chapter 1: Rocket Riots

The tall man stood upon the branch of a sturdy tree, balanced perfectly on the hard oak. Upon his head sat a black “R” branded hat, which covered his short cropped green hair, and coming from his ear was a high-tech metal object, with a connecting blue lens that covered his right eye. The man pressed a button on his wrist, and the eyepiece zoomed down upon the running trainer like a Noctowl’s leer. He focussed upon the blue Pokémon in the denim-clad boy’s arms. Suddenly a voice came through his headset,

“Jessie and James are about to storm the Pokémon Centre. Use the diversion if you’re going to steal the Riolu.”

The man smirked and spoke into his wrist communicator.

“Those two retards couldn’t beat a Magikarp in a fight, what makes you think they can do a thing.”

“Just do your job, Art, and remember the boss needs that creature in one piece.”

Artemis cut the connection and closed his eyes.
I wonder what Giovanni wants with this Pokémon. Either way, I don’t need to know. My job is just a “snatch and grab” mission.
He suddenly dived forward into the darkness. A small flash of red appeared, and a sleek blue creature flew up into the air, Artemis saddled on its back.

* * *​

Alex ran through the overgrowth, his breath rasping out in gasps.

Why the hell am I ALWAYS the one who gets dragged into this crap?!
Finally he reached Viridian city, and the one building that seemed to be open at the late hour. The glass door slid open as he ran inside. Alex looked around the bright warm room. There was a pink-haired woman smiling at him from a counter in front of him, trying to ignore the black skid marks on the floor. A bank of phones ran along the side wall, one occupied by a young boy, wearing a blue jacket and a red hat that covered his face. Alex ignored him and ran towards counter.

“Excuse me, is there a hospital around here anywhere. I found this Pokémon in the wild, and it’s in a bad way.”

The woman smiled at him, “This is the Pokémon Centre, where we heal your Pokémon to full health. I’m Nurse Joy, how can I be of assistance.”

“OK, that’s great. Can you heal this… this… erm, what is this thing?”

Joy’s face changed from happiness to confusion.

“I don’t seem to know what this Pokémon is, I’ll run it through our database to try to identify it. At the moment we’re trying to heal a severely injured Pikachu, so I’ll place your Pokémon in storage for the time being. Can you return it to its poke ball for me, please?”
Alex raised his hands in denial,

“It’s not mine, I just found it.”

“Well, could you please capture it, if just for the moment?”
Alex grinned, and pulled a Poke ball from his backpack.

My first day and I already get a new Pokémon! God I'm awesome
Before he could throw the ball, a yellow Pokémon was brought out on a stretcher, and Nurse Joy turned to check on it, along with the boy from the phone. As Alex watched the scene, two poke balls smashed through the glass roof. They exploded with red light, revealing a snake-like creature, and a purple floating ball, which immediately started spewing black gas, blinding everyone around it. As Alex stumbled towards the doorway, carrying the blue creature a black gloved hand slammed into his chest from the murky darkness. The Pokémon was ripped from his arms, and he was pushed to the ground. He heard footsteps running towards the door, and he quickly sprinted after the sound.
Alex finally escaped the building, and breathed in a breath of unpolluted air. As he looked up, he saw a black-clad man escaping over a brick wall, holding the small creature in his arms. He gave chase. As he ran, he reached into his jeans pocket and brought out a miniature red and white sphere. One click and it expanded to its full size.

“GO HYDRO!”
He threw it towards the man, and it released its contents. A red beam shot onto the ground in front of him. A small blue turtle appeared from the glow, its small hands balled into fists, “Squirt!”
The man stopped in his tracks, and then suddenly laughed out loud.

“Ok, sure. I’ll wipe you out, if you really want a beating that bad.”

Alex snarled, "In your dreams! Tackle, Hydro!"

Squirtle jumped forward head first. The man threw out a poke ball of his own; his lens glistening from the red light his ball gave off. When the brightness faded a green Pokémon stood on the ground. Two scythes replaced arms, and bug-like wings sprung from its shoulder. Alex pulled out his red Pokédex, an encyclopaedia on Pokémon, and scanned the creature. A synthesised voice spoke from two speakers and a replica of the Pokémon in front of him appeared

“Scyther. The bug and flying mantis Pokémon. Normally found in trees and forests, these deadly foes scythes can cut through nearly anything.”

Alex looked up in fear, “Be careful, Hydro!”

The man smiled. “Use X- Scissor.” The Scyther flew forward, and knocked the Squirtle out of the air. The turtle Pokémon fell to the floor, its eyes swirling. Scyther loomed over it, its scythes beginning to glow red. It suddenly slashed forward in a cross. However, before the attack could make contact, another red beam of light hit Hydro and it was absorbed back into its poke ball.

“Good try, dude,” Alex spoke to the poke ball, and then turning to the man in disgust, “How dare you attack a fainted Pokémon! That’s just evil!” He spat.

“I’ve been called worse. Your lack of another Pokémon shows that you have nothing left to battle with. Now leave and let me take Riolu before I set my Scyther on you!”

Alex looked to the ground in failure. The man laughed and turned to leave, when suddenly Alex dived forward, slamming into the man. The man dropped the Riolu and it fell to the floor. The black clad man snarled and slammed his fist into Alex’s face. He fell back, blood streaming from a cut lip. As the man turned to finish him off, a glow emanated from behind them. They turned, to see the little blue creature standing defiantly. Its eyes were glowing as it looked between the two of them, and it raised its hands. A blue ball of power appeared in its palms, and its eye colour faded to its original calm red colour. It growled at the man and threw the ball. He flinched backwards but was saved from the pain by his Scyther which held back the energy with its scythes. The two creatures faced each other off, and they dived at each other, paw to scythe. Before either could hit, a massive fiery explosion ripped the roof from the Pokémon centre, smashing windows, and blowing Alex and the man backwards, along with the Pokémon. Alex’s eyes closed as he was thrust through the air and he lost consciousness

What...the... Fu….
* * *​

Artemis woke up just as three humanoid shapes flew over him in the night sky.

I guess the Terrible Trio failed again. Not much of a surprise. Huh…
He walked over to the fallen trainer and grinned, flicking a business card into his unconscious face. He then picked up the fallen Riolu and returned his Scyther to its Poke ball. He smiled as he sent a message to the Rocket command centre using his communicator, and began to limp towards his pickup area. Riolu suddenly opened its eyes and span extremely fast out of his hands. With its legs moving like lightning it sped past Artemis before he could move and zoomed into the long grass. Artemis scowled

“Goddamn Runt!” He began to chase off in the direction Riolu ran, completely missing the speedy blue flash going straight past him back towards the original direction.
Riolu walked over to the sleeping human and its eyes glowed as it scanned his aura. In it, it saw nothing but goodness, nothing but trustworthiness. It nodded as it found what it needed to know. It sat down carefully on a rock and began to wait….
* * *​

<Hello, Master.>
Alex jumped up in shock and looked around for the noise, accidently knocking off a piece of card from his face. The only thing he could see was the blue Pokémon he had saved, the one the strange man had called “Riolu.”
Looking down he saw the card. Upon it was the four words and a picture of the man: TEAM ROCKET- Artemis Vannt.
He would remember that name. He would pay for what he did to him and the Pokémon. He frowned. What was Team Rocket?

“Man, this is confusing.”

<I suppose so, Master. Where do we go next?>
Alex stared at the Pokémon. “Are you… talking to me? Coz’ I’m pretty sure Pokémon DO NOT SPEAK!”

<I do not speak in the literal sense. Pokémon basically convey what we want you to understand, and if we trust you enough, you shall understand. Unless you wish me to stop Master>

Alex grimaced, “Stop with the whole master thing, its creepy,” then he grinned, “So you trust me?”

<I have read your aura, and you have nothing but goodness in your heart. Therefore I trust you>
“Cool! Then join me on my journey... unless you don’t want to. Err… I still don’t know your name. The weird guy called you a Riolu, is that your name? I’ve never heard of a “Riolu””
The Pokémon shuddered, <Yes, Riolu is my name. That man has been chasing me ever since I hatched, saying his boss needs me for something. He… killed my parents and my brothers. For all I know, I’m the only Riolu left in existence> Tears welled up in the corner of its eyes.
“I’m sorry. But let’s not dwell on the past, hey. Let’s get stocked up on stuff at the poke mart, heal up, and then head out to Pewter City for our first gym battle on our trip to the Pokémon League!”

Riolu smiled, <Ok then. Let us go Mast…Alex>
Alex flicked a poke ball towards Riolu. It smiled as it was enveloped by the red light, and sucked into the red and white orb. It bounced to the ground and began to roll.
3…
DING

Please review and give tips on how I can improve. Thanx =]

Last edited:

olirulz_747

BTW, sorry that the chapters are so short so far. Just trying to start up the story, and then when i think of a good storyline Ill try and make it longer