• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Let's Go has been so fun

Challa

Hello everyone,,
I know people kinda hate this game in ways and I'm not trying to take anything away from that. But personally I'm surprised how much fun I'm having.

I haven't had this much fun with a Pokémon game since I was a kid playing Blue. I was playing the other night and fantasizing about how ****in cool it would be if Pokémon were real. And that was neat to me because I haven't done that since I was a kid, and it totally took me back to dreaming of being a real Pokémon trainer as a little kid. But now I'm in my 30s lmao.

I can't think of any other game that's really taken me back to my childhood like that before. Pretty amazing feeling. I get nostalgic with games like spyro and crash but this was the first game to really bring me back to a mindset I had as a kid and give me that same feeling I had before.

Ghost94

I really like the way the Pokémon in the over-world look in Let’s Go. I don’t know if the sprites are bigger, the colors are more saturated or if it’s the movement patterns, but the game feels more alive than Sword. It’s kind of unfortunate they did away with the Safari Zone, but the GO Park allows transferring of mon’s from Pokémon Go so be sure to pickup your Melmetal @Challa.

Bill the Typhlosion

The Let's Go games are so underrated! I always used to find Yellow and LeafGreen a bit of a slog, and never managed to finish either when I was a child (I finished them eventually, but not until a few years ago); in many ways Let's Go Pikachu was my first completely positive experience of playing through Kanto (aside from Johto's postgame, anyway, which I always enjoyed). Despite the fact that I've been playing Pokemon since Gen 2, I actually enjoy the alternative catching mechanics more than the traditional ones.

As much as I love Sword and Shield and their often-breathtaking overworld scenery, the Let's Go games definitely look more polished in many ways. The colours are more vibrant, large Pokemon like Onix are properly scaled, the following Pokemon are much better implemented than in The Isle of Armor, and every location has a proper battle background (unlike in Sword and Shield which use the standard route backgrounds, or sometimes even a blank white one, when battling in cities). I think remakes will always have a greater level of polish because much of the work has already been done, allowing more time for finishing touches.

I think another reason why Let's Go Pikachu appeals to me so much is because I have a very casual playstyle. I play Pokemon to relax, and usually ignore the in-depth mechanics, despite being a long-time fan. It feels as if the Let's Go games were designed with players like me in mind.

DR.gonzo

Agree with all the OPs post and thoughts on the game .

Similar age bracket, also massive nostalgia recently for both Crash and Spyro remasters .
But Pokémon too me will and has always been my 1 guilty pleasure, I dreamt of been a real trainer and what Pokémon
I would find around my area when I was a kid and first got Pokémon Blue . Like the OP I haven’t had that buzz and feeling since really untill Pokémon Go first launched. I’ve been playing from the very start dropped off around when it got stale round gen 2 when nothing else in game was really happening . But recently I’ve had several friends start this game and fall in love with it . So I’m out once again helping and giving tips and getting just as excited as they are when catching/evolving something new . It’s re sparked PoGo for me . We all had a blast over go fest weekend .

Only other time I had the Pokémon feels was playing Let’s Go Pikachu. Fully enjoyed my experience with the game,

High five for Pokémon . Bringing ppl together since 1998

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
The Let's Go games are so underrated! I always used to find Yellow and LeafGreen a bit of a slog, and never managed to finish either when I was a child (I finished them eventually, but not until a few years ago); in many ways Let's Go Pikachu was my first completely positive experience of playing through Kanto (aside from Johto's postgame, anyway, which I always enjoyed). Despite the fact that I've been playing Pokemon since Gen 2, I actually enjoy the alternative catching mechanics more than the traditional ones.

Though in hindsight releasing the games when some of the hardcore fanbase were in "Kanto hating mode" was not really a good idea, Game Freak had to go as far as state the Let's Go games were not the Switch games teased during the 2017 E3 presentation.

The catching mechanic can definitely be divisive, for some it can be a turn-off in getting the game.

PokeRobby

Hello everyone,,
I know people kinda hate this game in ways and I'm not trying to take anything away from that. But personally I'm surprised how much fun I'm having.

I haven't had this much fun with a Pokémon game since I was a kid playing Blue. I was playing the other night and fantasizing about how ****in cool it would be if Pokémon were real. And that was neat to me because I haven't done that since I was a kid, and it totally took me back to dreaming of being a real Pokémon trainer as a little kid. But now I'm in my 30s lmao.

I can't think of any other game that's really taken me back to my childhood like that before. Pretty amazing feeling. I get nostalgic with games like spyro and crash but this was the first game to really bring me back to a mindset I had as a kid and give me that same feeling I had before.

i loved this game as well, personally my favorite pokemon game. i would love to see more remakes in the lets go style

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
i loved this game as well, personally my favorite pokemon game. i would love to see more remakes in the lets go style
Agreed. I did enjoy the game immensely while playing, (maybe because it was simpler than new games, but still had the pokemon go mechanics and other stuff I still loved in the original R/B/Yellow Pokemon games). Plus, I recently got Melmetal finally from evolving Meltan in Pokemon Go and transferring it over to Let's Go (which to me is a mini accomplishment). Here's to more Let's Go games (hoping for Johto next).