1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Let's GO! Pikachu/Eevee Team Discussion

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by WhiteBlair, Jun 1, 2018.

1. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Master Breeder.

Based on the confirmed information so far, we know 151 original Pokémon are available to choose/train in your trip to Kanto. With following/riding Pokémon feature is returning back to the series, there is only a question to remain. Which Pokémon are you considering to use in the following games?

Leonhart likes this.
  2. PirateKing

PirateKing Well-Known Member

I'm conflicted on whether to use my OG Kanto team
    (Blastoise, Pidgeot, Jolteon, Gengar, Arcanine, Rhydon)
    or my Yellow team
    (Pikachu, Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Gengar, Rhydon)

Guess I'll wait and see and what the storys like to see which team I think fits better (Still not too sure if this a straight Yellow remake with Red as the protagonist or if this a new character and takes place some time after, I've been hearing it both ways)

Leonhart and Kage-Pikachu like this.
  3. .Aerodactyl.

.Aerodactyl. Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm going to use Pokémon I've never used before, in a play through, Nuzlocke run or online battle team. These games look like they aren't meant to be as hard core as the core series in terms if battle. I won't be EV and IV breeding or anything, I think this is about keeping it casual and I'm gonna play casual and co-op with the hubby. My team is going to be:

Pikachu (cause I'll be getting that version unless my sister does, then I'll get the opposite)
    Mankey-Primape
    Tangela
    Mr. Mime
    Paras-Parasect
    Goldeen-Seaking

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  4. Kage-Pikachu

Kage-Pikachu Well-Known Member

Pikachu, Mr. Mime (if I can't get Alakazam), Vaporeon, Gengar, Dragonite, and Charizard.

I might mix things up with Mageton, Starmie, Scyther, Arcanine, and Primeape as well.

.Aerodactyl. likes this.
  5. .Aerodactyl.

.Aerodactyl. Well-Known Member

I'm also considering Scyther for part at least...I've never really used it either :) I actually had a Magneton and a Starmie for my SuMo run, I was pleasently surprised by Magneton. Almost didn't evolve it to Magnezone.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  6. Kage-Pikachu

Kage-Pikachu Well-Known Member

Those resistances are no joke! Heh, I used mine early on and then ditched it for Vikavolt (hangs head)

.Aerodactyl. likes this.
  7. Arcanineblitz

Arcanineblitz Well-Known Member

When I first played red I was a kid and had no idea about ANYTHING involving Pokémon so I kept my charmander and he carried my team of hm users so I’m going to try and make up for it by using my absolute faves from gen 1

Eevee (jolteon if possible)
    Arcanine (of course)
    Dragonite (named potato)
    Clefable
    Gyarados
    Victreebel

8. oshawott7

oshawott7 cat burgler

I want to use Pokémon I’ve never used before.
    - Alolan Raichu
    - Starmie
    - Fearow or Dodrio
    - Vileplume
    - Rapidash
    - Persian

I am aware that my starter can’t evolve so it will be boxed as soon as possible^^. My list might change depending on when these Pokémon are available.

9. Ariki

Ariki Well-Known Member

I’m not too sure if I’ll do this team:

Pikachu
    Butterfree
    Pidegeot
    Blastoise
    Charizard
    Venusaur

or....

Magneton
    Fearow
    Alakazam/Kadabra
    Primeape
    Gyarados
    ....I haven’t decided on a sixth Pokemon yet. Maybe Vileplume?

I’ve used a few of the Pokemon on my second team of choice through my X/Y/Sun/Moon playthrough and they are absolute tanks for in-game play!

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  10. NeoDude-5000

NeoDude-5000 Well-Known Member

I'm considering going with my first Kanto team from FireRed
    • Pikachu
    • Charizard
    • Butterfree
    • Lapras
    Those 4 were my staples as my team rotated constantly. Also because of this game being a remake of Yellow I'm going to use Bulbasaur and Squirtle as my last 2 Pokemon for the team. They will evolve of course.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  11. Sabre_King

Sabre_King Well-Known Member

My Let's Go Pikachu team:
    • Pikachu
    • Blastoise
    • Arcanine/Ninetales (depending on the version exclusive possibility)
    • Exeggutor (Kanto)
    • Nidoking
    • Alolan Sandslash if available/ the unknown new pokemon
    My Let's Go Eevee team:
    • Eevee
    • Charizard
    • Slowbro/Starmie
    • Vileplume
    • Alolan Ninetals (if available)/Dragonite
    • Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  12. asmoxi

asmoxi New Member

There's so many pokemon i wanna use.
    My let's go pikachu team:
    -Pikachu(obviously)
    -Blastoise(riding him on the water will be epic)
    -Nidoking(A beast that can beat by himself almost all gym leader)
    -Arcanine(I've always dream of riding an arcanine)
    -Gengar
    -Scyther(In more than 20 years i've used him only once)

My let's go eevee team:
    - Charizard( My favorite pokemon)
    -Electabuzz( The coolest electric type ever)
    -Onyx(For the fun of riding it)
    -Clefable(I'm gonna destroy Lance)
    -Gyarados(A beast)
    -Victreebell(In honor of the one James lost)

Eevee that can't evolve s just really lame.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  13. mew 2000

mew 2000 Shiny Celebi

Pikachu
    and the rest I'll figure out as I play like I usually do.

14. Flamer

Flamer Well-Known Member

I usually try and let my team come together organically as I play through the game. Tend to start out with a rough idea of the Pokemon I want though. Charizard, Blastoise, Pidgeot, Haunter and Nidoking are some of my favourites, so will be on the lookout for them. Could make the most of the lower difficulty and use some not fully evolved Pokemon. Vulpix, Growlithe, Charmeleon, Drowzee, Pidegeotto are all faves.

Or might break tradition and go with a themed team instead. A Pikachu team, with a Kanto Raichu and Alolan Raichu would be fun. Could supplement with Electabuzz, Jolteon and Alolan Golem for an all Electric team.

15. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

I honestly just want a team of 6 beedrills all knowing twineedle

The fire type elite 4 member better not kill me :oops:

16. Rapiido

Rapiido Well-Known Member

This'll be so much different from RBYFRLG because of all the type changes and the physical/special split. Not to mention the buffs in stats some have gotten.

I wanna have an "OG Kanto Favourites" team to start with, provided they're in the game due to version exclusives and all.

Blastoise/Vaporeon
    Rapidash
    Sandslash
    Alakazam
    Magneton

Then I may throw something else in there that's just "out there" to use.. like Butterfree or Venomoth, since their STAB's actually work now. Maybe Vileplume, it was surprisingly really useful in my last run of SS and if it has Moonblast it'll wreck Lance.

17. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

Naturally, the first choice is Eevee.

If I can still get Bulbasaur in Celadon, then that little booger is second. Over all, this I what I'd like my team to be:

Eevee
    Venusaur
    Ninetales
    Alolan Exeggutor
    Cloyster
    Pidgeot

Of course, this would require I start playing Pokémon GO again, which I'm content with if it means getting certain Alolan forms. However, the pressing issue is when I will be able to transfer them over. I pray the access isn't post-game or way later in the game. If so, I'm screwed.

Of course, I very often find myself improvising the building of my team half the time, so that could end up happening, too.

18. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

I try to use Pokemon I haven't used much before in my play-throughs, so I think I'm going with the following teams:

Let’s Go, Eevee! Team:

-Eevee
    -Golbat
    -Exeggutor (Alola)
    -Magneton
    -Seadra
    -Mr. Mime

Let’s Go, Pikachu! Team:

-Pikachu
    -Persian (Kanto)
    -Farfetch’d
    -Cloyster
    -Hitmonchan
    -Sandslash (Alola)

19. neo_senku

neo_senku Well-Known Member

Since I'll be going pikachu version, My team will be:

Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Charizard
    Lapras
    Sandslash
    Dragonite

Now if there is EXP share as it works in gen 6&7 then ill use a rotation that will include Primeape, Pidgeot, Starmie, Ninetails(alolan) & Snorlax

20. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

In Gen 1 there was EXP All, which does the same thing EXP Share does now, so you should be good either way.