• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Let's GO! Pikachu/Eevee Team Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Since we are still not sure if abilities work in "Let's Go" or not, here is my possible team depending on accessibility and nature (not considering Mega's because of possible new ones and Legendaries),

Main:
- Pikachu
- Alolan Muk (Psychic and Fairy counter, plus a good Gengar counter as well)
- Machamp/Hitmonlee
- Starmie/Slowbro
- Arcanine/Charizard
- Rhydon/Golem

Reserves:
- Magneton
- Alolan Sandslash/Cloyster
- Snorlax/Kangaskhan
- Victreebel/Vileplume/Venusaur
- Scyther/Pinsir
- Clefable

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
I'd pick from the following since I really like them all and update lately when I finally decide:

- Pikachu
- Staryu/Lapras/Gyarados/Seaking
- Arcanine/Ninetales
- Sandshrew/Nidorino
- Onix/Rhydon
- Scyther/Beedrill

I'm also torn into using at least an alolan form of any of:

- Grimer
- Marowak
- Sandshrew

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
Since more info got revealed I'm leaning towards

Pikachu
Vileplume
Clefable
Blastoise
Nidoqueen/Nidoking
Charizard

I haven't played Yellow in years, but since they are changing up the roster I want at least two of the starters on my team. I leaning towards Venesaur, but if not maybe a Starmie since that's a good pokemon too.

Daizy

I call you honey
I might get Let's Go Pikachu for Christmas in which case my team will be:

Pikachu
Pidgeot
Blastoise
Snorlax
Nidoqueen
Victreebel

Li_Syaoran

I will have the same team that I used last time I played Yellow. This team is based on Ash's team and is a rotating team with 12 different Pokémon:

Pikachu
Pidgeot
Butterfree
Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise
Kingler
Gengar
Primeape
Muk
Tauros
Mew

Kisai

Psychic
The answer for me is obvious: Abra. I always imagined it would be neat to have a little Abra levitating behind me, and now I'll get to see that happen.

Sabre_King

I know I made a post back when this thread first started and most of my team thoughts have not changed, however the moment the new Pokémon and possible new mega evolutions are revealed my teams may change for each game. Although Let’s Go Eevee I think will be my main game, I find eevee becoming the better starter choice I just hope it’s stats are distributed to make it stronger than an average eevee.

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
Honestly i have no idea. Were it just a matter of getting through the story, then the Zard/Saur/Toise combo is pretty much all I'll need for beating what will be an easy game. But for more serious online battling the game's battle system looks like a mess:

-Mega evolutions are in
-Abilities are out, which many megas are defined by
-Unconfirmed possible chance of new megas (Mega Starmie sounds terrifying)
-Dark types are assumed in, steel and fairy unconfirmed
-Alolan forms apparently in despite not being shown yet
-evos/pre-evos of other gens are out, probably
-Breeding/held items/natures are out
-But moves from later gens are in
-Z moves are out I guess?
-New pokemon could be anything from gorochu/eevolution to a legendary

I'm waiting until the full game is released before finalizing a team.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
It would be dope if we could reserve pokemon has rideable only, like with the PokéRide, that way we could just select them from the Pokémon Box whenever we need them instead of having to put them on our team.

To be honest, though, I only feel this way because I don't think there will be any rideable pokemon on my team, besides Lapras. Given I plan to build Lorelei's team, my team will include:

- Jynx
- Cloyster
- Slowbro
- Dewgong
- Lapras
- Alolan Ninetales

Lapras is good for water, but I also need a pokemon I can gallop or fly with. I could possibly remove Ninetales and just pick a different pokemon, but it would have to be on par with Lorelei's theme, and there aren't that many in Gen 1. If I could just have an Arcanaine ready at any time without having to battle with it, that would be nice. Maybe I can just have it in the back of my team and trade out accordingly with who needs to level up, so I won't have to battle with it.

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
I’m getting Let’s Go Eevee. I am not sure if I am keeping Eevee in my team though but probably i’ll get attached to it lol.
My team: based on my favorites.
Clefairy
Butterfree
Nidoran Female
Vulpix
Dragonair
Starmie

In the box: since it’s now confimered we can access through our bags it will be easy for me to switch around.
Oddish line
Eevee
Venonat
Ponyta ( he will be my ride )

Since the game isn’t hard, I might not evolve some of Pokémon cause they’re cuter this way.

If only I can make my trainer’s hair pink, i’ll be happy forever.

Hanto

Water Addiction
Stick with LG Pikachu and want to get original team of Ash:
- Pikachu
- Pidgeot
- Bulbasaur
- Squirtle
- Charizard
- Wildcard (Muk/Primeape/Tauros)
- Butterfree (release to the box)
But I never played yellow and dont really know how to obtain Kanto starters. Will they roam in the wild like in Pokemon Go or I can get them only at certain locations like in the anime

Sabre_King

- Pikachu
- Pidgeot
- Bulbasaur
- Squirtle
- Charizard
But I never played yellow and dont really know how to obtain Kanto starters. Will they roam in the wild like in Pokemon Go or I can get them only at certain locations like in the anime

In the original yellow games each starter was presented as a gift fairly early on I want to see before you challenge surge you could have all three, now it hasn’t been confirmed if the same gift locations would be present but it has been seen that the starters can be found in the wild as well unless that was only for the demo

Creyk

- Pikachu
- Pidgeot
- Bulbasaur
- Squirtle
- Charizard
u can catch them in wild but trading is always an option

My team will most like be

Arcanine
Alakazam
Gyarados
Dragonite
Venusaur

And of course Eevee since that's the version I'll be getting. I see myself doing a few playthroughs of this game so will probably try use a completely different team the second time!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Also doing the Ash/anime inspired team since these are remakes of the game inspired by the anime.

Also might do a Mono Fire run:
-Charizard
-Rapidash
-Flareon
-Alola Marowak
-Ninetales
-Magmar
Maybe Moltres later on.

Chimchar15

So as of now I have two sets of teams but I haven't fully decided which one I'm going with:

Team A
Eevee
Victreebel
Dugtrio
Rapidash
Pinsir
Omastar/Aerodactyl/Random Water Type

Or

Team B
Eevee
Beedrill
Poliwrath
Electrode
Rapidash
Aerodactyl

Right now I'm leaning towards team B because I really would like to use a Poliwrath but it depends on early Poliwag is available in the games. Since more Pokemon have been shown to be available earlier on in the game I'm hoping to find a Poliwag maybe even before the first gym.

Arjun89

i want to give a try to pokemon i usually dont use, but for sure my top choices are alolan vulpix, arbok, clefable, onix, gengar, rapidash

Colt45

Cobalt
I guess my team would be Pikachu + Venusaur and Blastoise + Charizard or Arcanine + Nidoking + something else, haven't the foggiest what

Although I kind of want to bench Pikachu, and in general I like to let my playthrough pokes come more naturally, without planning them out ahead of time. Feels more natural that way, and you get more attached to the ones you use, because they've actually wormed their way into your affections. You have to make the conscious decision at some point, with the poke on your team, during the playthough, to keep them around. But I mention these pokes because I've always wanted to use at least Bulbasaur and Squirtle at once, and I almost always use Nidoking on a Kanto playthrough. Charmander I've always wanted to use as well, but less so than Bulbasaur and Squirtle (that + weakness to 1st two gyms means I've very rarely picked Charmander for a Kanto playthrough). On the other hand, even wanting to use Charizard, I'm a big Growlithe fan and I saw that you he's a LGP exclusive so that drew my attention to him. Pikachu I might use because it seems they're forcing you to with all the OP stuff they're giving him.

Status
Not open for further replies.