1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Let's GO! Pikachu/Eevee Team Discussion

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by WhiteBlair, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

Since we are still not sure if abilities work in "Let's Go" or not, here is my possible team depending on accessibility and nature (not considering Mega's because of possible new ones and Legendaries),

Main:
    - Pikachu
    - Alolan Muk (Psychic and Fairy counter, plus a good Gengar counter as well)
    - Machamp/Hitmonlee
    - Starmie/Slowbro
    - Arcanine/Charizard
    - Rhydon/Golem

Reserves:
    - Magneton
    - Alolan Sandslash/Cloyster
    - Snorlax/Kangaskhan
    - Victreebel/Vileplume/Venusaur
    - Scyther/Pinsir
    - Clefable

2. Inoshi

Inoshi Though man lover

I'd pick from the following since I really like them all and update lately when I finally decide:

- Pikachu
    - Staryu/Lapras/Gyarados/Seaking
    - Arcanine/Ninetales
    - Sandshrew/Nidorino
    - Onix/Rhydon
    - Scyther/Beedrill

I'm also torn into using at least an alolan form of any of:

- Grimer
    - Marowak
    - Sandshrew

3. Ducolamia

Ducolamia SAYYYY WHAT???

Since more info got revealed I'm leaning towards

Pikachu
    Vileplume
    Clefable
    Blastoise
    Nidoqueen/Nidoking
    Charizard

I haven't played Yellow in years, but since they are changing up the roster I want at least two of the starters on my team. I leaning towards Venesaur, but if not maybe a Starmie since that's a good pokemon too.

4. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

I might get Let's Go Pikachu for Christmas in which case my team will be:

Pikachu
    Pidgeot
    Blastoise
    Snorlax
    Nidoqueen
    Victreebel

5. AussieGeekAndy

AussieGeekAndy New Member

My let's go Eevee team
    Eevee
    Mew
    Dragonite
    Ninetales
    Gyarados
    Jolteon/Magneton

6. char_char

char_char Beginning Trainer

Alakazam
    Aerodactyl
    Hitmonlee
    Magmar
    Parasect
    Cloyster

7. Li_Syaoran

Li_Syaoran Active Member

I will have the same team that I used last time I played Yellow. This team is based on Ash's team and is a rotating team with 12 different Pokémon:

Pikachu
    Pidgeot
    Butterfree
    Venusaur
    Charizard
    Blastoise
    Kingler
    Gengar
    Primeape
    Muk
    Tauros
    Mew

8. Kisai

Kisai Psychic

The answer for me is obvious: Abra. I always imagined it would be neat to have a little Abra levitating behind me, and now I'll get to see that happen.

9. Sabre_King

Sabre_King Well-Known Member

I know I made a post back when this thread first started and most of my team thoughts have not changed, however the moment the new Pokémon and possible new mega evolutions are revealed my teams may change for each game. Although Let’s Go Eevee I think will be my main game, I find eevee becoming the better starter choice I just hope it’s stats are distributed to make it stronger than an average eevee.

10. Mikeachu

Mikeachu Soul Trainer

Honestly i have no idea. Were it just a matter of getting through the story, then the Zard/Saur/Toise combo is pretty much all I'll need for beating what will be an easy game. But for more serious online battling the game's battle system looks like a mess:

-Mega evolutions are in
    -Abilities are out, which many megas are defined by
    -Unconfirmed possible chance of new megas (Mega Starmie sounds terrifying)
    -Dark types are assumed in, steel and fairy unconfirmed
    -Alolan forms apparently in despite not being shown yet
    -evos/pre-evos of other gens are out, probably
    -Breeding/held items/natures are out
    -But moves from later gens are in
    -Z moves are out I guess?
    -New pokemon could be anything from gorochu/eevolution to a legendary

I'm waiting until the full game is released before finalizing a team.

11. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

It would be dope if we could reserve pokemon has rideable only, like with the PokéRide, that way we could just select them from the Pokémon Box whenever we need them instead of having to put them on our team.

To be honest, though, I only feel this way because I don't think there will be any rideable pokemon on my team, besides Lapras. Given I plan to build Lorelei's team, my team will include:

- Jynx
    - Cloyster
    - Slowbro
    - Dewgong
    - Lapras
    - Alolan Ninetales

Lapras is good for water, but I also need a pokemon I can gallop or fly with. I could possibly remove Ninetales and just pick a different pokemon, but it would have to be on par with Lorelei's theme, and there aren't that many in Gen 1. If I could just have an Arcanaine ready at any time without having to battle with it, that would be nice. Maybe I can just have it in the back of my team and trade out accordingly with who needs to level up, so I won't have to battle with it.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018 at 12:04 AM
  12. Nodame

Nodame Piipiii~

I’m getting Let’s Go Eevee. I am not sure if I am keeping Eevee in my team though but probably i’ll get attached to it lol.
    My team: based on my favorites.
    Clefairy
    Butterfree
    Nidoran Female
    Vulpix
    Dragonair
    Starmie

In the box: since it’s now confimered we can access through our bags it will be easy for me to switch around.
    Oddish line
    Eevee
    Venonat
    Ponyta ( he will be my ride )

Since the game isn’t hard, I might not evolve some of Pokémon cause they’re cuter this way.

If only I can make my trainer’s hair pink, i’ll be happy forever.

13. Hanto

Hanto Water Addiction

Stick with LG Pikachu and want to get original team of Ash:
    - Pikachu
    - Pidgeot
    - Bulbasaur
    - Squirtle
    - Charizard
    - Wildcard (Muk/Primeape/Tauros)
    - Butterfree (release to the box)
    But I never played yellow and dont really know how to obtain Kanto starters. Will they roam in the wild like in Pokemon Go or I can get them only at certain locations like in the anime

14. Sabre_King

Sabre_King Well-Known Member

In the original yellow games each starter was presented as a gift fairly early on I want to see before you challenge surge you could have all three, now it hasn’t been confirmed if the same gift locations would be present but it has been seen that the starters can be found in the wild as well unless that was only for the demo

15. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

u can catch them in wild but trading is always an option